Amaryllis Thorne

dazed and confused
OOC First Name
Kenzie
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
This was not supposed to happen! Alone in the corridor, Amaryllis looked left and right, her eyes burning as frustration threatened to overtake her small body. She'd been walking for a while, yet recognized nothing to signify her location in the ridiculously large castle. If all of her professors were so magical and powerful, then couldn't one of them perform a spell on the staircases to make sure they don't move? Instead, the staircases were left to their own devices, and she was now completely and utterly lost in a random corridor on some random floor.

Amaryllis recalled something her parents had mentioned to her a few years prior. They'd asked that if she was ever separated from them while shopping, to stay put. It supposedly made it much harder to be found if she were to keep moving. Of course there would be no one coming to look for her, but if someone happened to be walking toward her, she didn't want to end up picking the direction in which she'd be walking away from them. Decision made, Amaryllis let out a large sigh and slid down a nearby wall, pulled her legs up to her chest, and rested her chin on her knees. And tried not to cry.

Her break had been okay, catching up with her immediate and extended family, as well as seeing her outside school friends, who she barely sees anymore. She spent most of her time with her father, who she was in fact very close with. Though her relationship with her mother slowly turned sour when she got back home, due to the fact that she wasn't impressed with Samantha's grades.

Samantha had decided to make her way to the prefects' room, where she decided to spend her day. She hadn't mind being a prefect, as it had kept her busy, and she kinda did enjoy the job. However, the girl was tired, and as you know, the girl had some clumsiness within her. Walking towards the prefect room, while her tripping over her own two feet every certain amount of steps, she noticed a girl had been sitting on the ground. She looked lost or upset. Samantha wasn't sure. The Hufflepuff girl slowly made her way towards the girl and crouched beside her. "Hey there, are you alright?" Sam asked the girl softly.

Amaryllis's forehead had found its way to her knees, and she closed her eyes, slowly breathing in and out. She'd eventually get up and try again to find her way out of this mess, but for the moment, she needed to calm down. It was possible that she'd nodded off because the sound of a quiet voice had her jerking her head up. The first year sniffled and hurriedly wiped any lingering tears from her eyes with the heels of her hands as she looked over to the older girl who'd crouched down beside her.

"Physically? Yes," the girl responded meekly. "But I'm supposed to be on the ground floor. The staircase changed on me, and I ended up here, and now I don't even know where here is." Amaryllis could feel the burn of tears returning, so she quickly blinked them back before she made herself look even more pathetic, if that were possible. The Ravenclaw let out a long sigh. "I just want to go back to my dorm."

Samantha nods while listening carefully when the girl explains what had happened. Hogwarts was a big place and it was very confusing. She remembered that she had been lost the first few weeks of her being in Hogwarts. "Ah, I see. Hogwarts is such a big place, so it's understandable." Samantha says sympathetically, with a small smile. "If it makes you feel any bit better. I defiantly got lost a lot when I started Hogwarts. And I'm sure many other students did too. The moving stairs can be quite confusing." Samantha says, hoping to somewhat try and make the girl feel better. "Would you like me to walk with you back to your common room then?"

Amaryllis's sniffle turned into a small huff of laughter at the older girl's reassurance that she wasn't the first one to have found herself in these circumstances. She probably shouldn't be happy at other people's misery, but it was nice to know she wasn't alone. The girl was even nice enough to offer to take her back to her dormitory. As much as she wanted to say yes, Amaryllis had just noticed that shiny badge on the girl's robes, and having a Prefect take her back to the dorm would feel way too much like she was being sent to her room after getting in trouble with her parents.

"No, I think I'm okay. I was just upset, but thank you." Amaryllis offered the Hufflepuff a small smile. "Please tell me this gets easier. All of it. The castle, the stairs, the classes." She wasn't doing horribly in her classes, but everything was just so new. And on top of learning new things in class, she was constantly being bombarded with new information from other students outside of class as well. "It's just a lot," she said and slumped back against the wall.

Samantha laughed slightly along with the young girl, glad that she could somehow make the girl better. Samantha nodded a little when the girl said that she was okay. "It's okay. I'm here to help. We can just sit here at talk if that's okay?" Sam said with a small smile to the younger girl. The girl didn't need to be anywhere right at this moment, so she was just happy to give the younger girl some company. The Hufflepuff prefect thought for a moment. "It somehow does get easier. Everyone goes at their own pace. Some slower than others, and that's okay. You can take all of this at your own pace. You can ask professors for help, maybe a classmate, a prefect in your house or maybe even me for help if you need" Samantha says with a small laugh and reassuring smile. Sam smiles gently. "That's understandable. It can be a lot." Samantha says sympathetically. "What's your name by the way? I'm Samantha. But you can call me Sam if you want" Samantha says to the girl, hoping that maybe getting to know each other a bit better can somehow distract her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back