Some Soup and Conversation

Annamarie Rousseau

Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather (Fortified w/ Yew)
Annamarie settled into to a spot at the Gryfinddor table with a big bowl of chicken noodle soup. She had finally decided to eat after being in her room all day working on homework. She looked down the empty table and sighed. Where is everybody? she thought as dripped her spoon in her bowl.

((sorry its taking awhile my copmuter is so slow...stupid dial-up :mad: ))

Aiden walked into the Great Hall because he had nothing else to do when he saw Annamarie, Aiden shrugged lightly as he walked over to her. "Hey Anna...mind if I join you?"

"Nah, I've already finished the stuff..." Aiden said truthfully then took a seat across from Anna. "So hows it going? I haven't seen you around lately." Aiden asked with a light smile.

"Lucky" Annamarie sighed. "I have been sick with a cold so I have missed loads of class. I feel so out of the loop on...well on everything." She thought back to the gaint pile of make-up work she had to finish and how she had to miss the second task. I hate getting sick...you always miss the good stuff. she thought to herself. "How have you been?" she asked finishing her last bit of soup.

"Why didn't you visit the Nurse? She could have fixed you up in a jiffy?" Aiden asked then asked, "You feeling any better?" Then said, "Hmmm I've been better thats for darn sure..."

"No I am actually feeling much better. I should be back to normal by Monday. Thanks though." Annamarie heard the tone in Aiden voice and frowned a little. "Well if you need any help with anything let me know. That is what housemates are for!" she said supportive smile.

"I'll hold you to that..." Aiden said with a small smile. "I'm not sure I'd like to say it, you're friends with Bella, Aly and Theo, might not work out so well for me, I mean I want to keep some friends..." Aiden said with a small frown.

Annamarie laughed when he suggested that she was friends with Theo. "Isabella and Alyssa yes...Theo...not so much." Her smile faded when she noticed Aiden's frown. "Here...I pinky promise that I won't hold whatever it is against you." she said holding up her right pinky finger. Annamarie was serious about pinky promises and did her best never to break them.

"Alright..." Aiden said hesitantly then took a large breath and said, "So there was this large fight in the dungeons with, Henri, Pat, Theo, Bella, Aly and I. Henri attacked Aly and Bella. I came up to help them all and then it got bigger and bigger and now Henri might leave the school. Then I went up to the Towers to think, though Bella was there and really angry at me. I asked her why she hated me, and she said she was jealous, and I wasn't sure why, and she ran off to the Garden to cry, I followed her there to apologize because I didn't know what I did. Then we spent most of the night talking and some how she got a crush on me, but I didn't find out then. Maybe a day or two later I was in the fourth floor corridor just walking around and she came up to me, I was talking to her about some family issues I was having then I found out she liked me and Theo, I was about to say something when Aly came out, Aly adn I had a discrete fight, but things are most certainly over between us..." Aiden took a large breath again because he said all of that as if it was one word, then continued, "This week I sent Bella a note to figure things out and we spoke, and I've discovered that I am a really really bad friend and person..." Aiden frowned at this thinking that Anna would be disgusted by all of this.

Annamarie took a few seconds to take in everything that Aiden had said...which was alot. "Wow..." she finally said. She racked her brain trying to think of something to say that didn't sound like she was passing a judgement on him. "So let me get this straight...Isbella likes you and Theo? And you left Alyssa to 'figure things out with Isabella'?" she asked to clarify. "So do you like Isabella?" she guessed.

"No, Alyssa left me, and I like both of them but I've decided to leave them both be and start studying spells so Theo doesn't murder me..." Aiden laughed darkly at the last bit and said, "I'm not with either of them, I'm 12 I don't have to be with anyone...I mean all of this dating is a tad unnatural don't you think?"

"I think for your situation unnatural is a understatement." Annamarie said plainly. "But leaving them both is a good idea considering they are best friends and all. And I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. It is not like you planned for this to happen right?" she said. Her thoughts wandered to her two friends. She hadn't really talked to either of them in awhile and could only imagine what they must have been dealing with. "And for Theo...I am pretty good at shielding spells if you need me." she joked trying to lighten the mood a little.

"Nah I'm good, I'll just write Uncle a letter asking a few spells to get the Death Eater in training of my case..." Aiden said lightly.

Aiden's Death Eater comment reminded Annamarie of a question that she had been wanting to ask ever since the Headmistress' kidnapping. "I have a question...I know Death Eaters are like really bad guys and did horrible stuff a while ago but they aren't that dangerous now are they?" she asked with a concerned look on her face. In the United States she hadn't heard much about them and the Dark Era was the only time in history that her grandmother wouldn't tell her about.

Aiden raised his eye brow curiously at her question. "They still are pretty bad, I know a bunch of them and yeah, they still are alive and going," Aiden said while wondering how Anna didn't know what Death Eaters where.

[Sorry misread the post :p]

"And they are the ones who kidnapped the headmistress?" Annamarie asked. "Wait! You know a bunch of them?" she said a bit louder than she intented to. "Sorry...How did that happen?" she asked in a quietier tone.

"Wow..."Annamarie said softly. She found herself getting mad at her grandmother for not telling her anything about this part of the magical world. She for the first time in her life she felt sheltered and naive. She could tell that she probably made Aiden uncomfortable "Sorry for my freaking out. I just didn't know." she said apologetically.

"Its really no trouble but I don't want anyone knowing this, they could get blamed for the kidnapping and the last thing my family needs is someone in Azkaban okay?" Aiden said as though he was asking Anna to keep it a secret.

Annamarie nodded. She wasn't about to prance around the school telling everybody. She knew that she should probably stop asking questions but she couldn't help herself. "So do you think the school is really safe then?" she asked curiously.

"Hmm it depends, if this is a one time deal the school is safe, if it isn't expect Professor King to go first, as he was or is an auror and is next in line for Headmaster," Aiden said thoughtfully.

"Geez..." Annamarie sighed. "They wouldn't hurt kids right? What would they have against us?" she asked, more trying to convince herself that she was safe rather than asking an actual question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back