Some News...

Isolde Glasson

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Isolde had been worrying herself sick all day, ever since she'd confirmed her suspicions. She'd taken a sick day, gone to see the doctor, and then retreated home to her bathrobe and bad muggle movies. What was she going to do now? More importantly, how was Chris going to react? They'd only been together for a while, surely he'd flee when she told him the news. Okay, he was a very good person and she loved him and she trusted him to stay, but was he really ready for a child? She wasn't sure she was, and she was thirty-one! Still, there was no way that she would get rid of it. It was hers, theirs, and she was going to keep it and look after it and hope that he'd be right by her side along the way.

There was no putting it off. She had to tell him before she made herself ill. Nobody else knew yet, he would be the first. So she'd sent him a quick message telling him to come over - she really wasn't feeling up to going anywhere at the moment - because she had something important to say. She hoped her wording didn't scare him, but she had to tell him this in person. It wouldn't do to write it in a letter or email or something.

His eyes never came off the clock and the second hand moved slower than he ever remembered it too. The day seemed to drag in something awful and Christopher wanted it to end more badly than he ever hoped for. Time slowly passed and eventually the bell rang signally the end of the day and the beginning of the weekend. Chris couldn't be happier with it being the weekend, it meant he got to go visit Isolde for a few days before having to go back to work. He couldn't help but smile as he made his way home and gathered a few things that he needed. Well there really only one thing he needed to collect from home and that was now secure in his pocket.

He had gotten Isolde's note about her wanting to see him as soon as possible, Christopher took no notice of the note really, mainly because he had been planning on going to visit Isolde this weekend anyway. He had enjoyed every moment he spent with her, which over the past few months were increasing more and more which Christopher was more than happy about. He counted himself more than lucky to have Isolde in his live and more than just a friend. No, the two had crossed that line not so long ago and Chris couldn't be happy to say just how much her loved Isolde.

Patting his pocket once more to make sure the ring was still there. Feeling the little square box he smiled before stepping into the fireplace and repeating the same words he did every time he went to visit Isolde. After a few uncomfortable seconds he arrived in Isolde's. Stepping out of the fireplace he made sure he had no soot on him and that the ring was still there. He was considerably nervous about the idea of proposing to Isolde today, he knew he loved her more than anything and in all fairness he had proposed before, not to Isolde but still. "Isolde!" he called out as he moved into the house to see where she was at.

Shuffling out of the bedroom, Isolde's face relaxed in to a smile. She didn't look so great, but she was happy. Chris just had that effect on her. It didn't matter that she was about to tell him some big and scary news. She was absolutely crazy about him and knew that whatever happened, it would all be alright. She trusted him and she figured she was old enough to handle it, and he probably was too. She hoped. Doubt was creeping in to her mind, but she placed it aside. No, it's all gonna be okay. He's going to be fine with it, I know it.

"Hello!" she said, warmly, beaming as she moved over to him quickly and wrapped her arms around him, just happy to have him there to hold. "I missed you." Breathing in his scent, she held herself close to him for a moment before letting go and remembering her manners. "Ahem. Would you like a drink?" You might need one. "Sorry I'm not more appropriately attired...been a bit off today but I'm much better now you're here!" There was nervousness obvious in her tone. She was going to have to tell him her news sooner rather than later, but she'd never been the most courageous of women. Taking a deep breath, she looked at him with a huge smile.

Chris heard noise coming from the bedroom so he made his way in that direction, beaming as his eyes landed on his love. Although his smile soon turned into a frown of sorts, something wasn’t right. She looked as if she was unwell and Chris grew worried but he didn’t say anything as she approached him. Embracing her he replied. “I’ve missed you too. Sorry but this week was just so hectic with the kids getting ready for exams. But I’m yours for the whole weekend.” he said with a smile, giving her a kiss on top of her head. Chris’s body with filled with warmth as he held Isolde close to him, he hated being a part from her, even just a week was too much for him to bare.

The fact that he couldn’t bare to be without her for even a day was enough to make him sure of what he was going to do today. They may not have been dating each other for too long but it was clear that they both cared for each other deeply and he felt they were both old enough to take their relationship to the next level, what was there to loose. Breaking apart from her Chris still kept close to Isolde, still worried that she was unwell. When she confirmed his suspicions he shuck his head, “You rest and I’ll get myself a drink.” He said as he gave her another kiss and moved into the kitchen for a glass of water. “Have you eaten yet?” he asked as he came back out to her. If she was unwell she would need to get some food into her and she may not have been up to cooking for herself, well now Chris was here he was going to make sure she got better.

Isolde, despite her tired expression, still managed to look quite radiant just by looking at Chris. She could see his obvious worry, and although he didn't say anything, she knew she'd have to explain herself and why she looked so awful. "It's alright," she said, smiling although she selfishly missed him. "I'll be sure to use my time well," Isolde smirked to herself, holding herself close to him before they broke apart. She couldn't help but smile as he fussed over her, even though that worry was still eating at her and making her feel uneasy. She considered herself extremely lucky to have found a man like Chris.

She nodded at his next question once she was sitting down, before shaking her head. "I did eat...it just happened to be a piece of toast, that's all," she admitted. Closing her eyes, Isolde took a deep breath. She had to say it, it was now or never, and she couldn't bare the suspence. "I...I have some news. I'm not sure how you'll take this, but I hope you won't be too mad. Um. I...I...I went to the doctor's today..." she began, wiping her sweaty palms on her dressing gown as she thought of what to say next. "I had some suspicions and they were confirmed. I...I...I'm pregnant." Isolde looked away, almost ashamed of herself. She wasn't sure she wanted to see his reaction. What if he got upset, or angry? Knowing him, he wouldn't, but that doubt had laid itself in her mind and wasn't going away.

Christopher would be sure to keep Isolde to her word about using their time well together. They hadn't spent that much time together since the Christmas holiday, only the odd weekend when Chris didn't have a lot of work to do or mark. He often wondered what it would be like if Isolde was still a Professor at the school, then they would never have anytime together, but he didn't try to do this too often, their time was limited enough as it was. No, right now he was here with her and he was going to savor every single moment of it.

Placing the glass on the table beside the sofa he say down beside Isolde, stroking her hair softly so he could take in all of her beautiful face. He couldn't help but feel worried about her, of course it was only natural that he be worried about the woman he loves. He shook his head lightly when she said that had only eaten a piece of toast but he knew it was better than nothing and that when you're sick it was better eat things in small doses and not a lot at one go; he would be sure to make sure she eats something later on, he would even make it for her. He turned his head for a moment to retrieve his drink, when Isolde said she had some news he turned to face her again, his face starting to fill with confusion as he listened to her, her words becoming broken, he didn't know what news would be making her act so nervous. He placed his hands on hers, hoping she would calm now enough to get the words out.

He let a calming smile spread across his lips, why she was so nervous was beyond him. He heard words like 'mad' and 'doctor' and became confused, but a part of him was also worried. Sure Isolde was sick, that was clear, and going to the Doctors was normal but why would he be mad at her, if anything he was glad that she had gone to the Doctors to see what was wrong with her. He didn't know what Wizarding Doctors were like compared to Muggle Doctors but they had magic so he was sure they could do something. Although nothing could prepare him for what Isolde had to say when she finally came out and said it. For a moment he looked at Isolde, completely shocked. Obviously he could tell when and how so he knew there was no reason to ask those questions. There was a few moments of silence as Chris let the news sink in with him. A part of him wanted to just ask her to marry him then and there but he didn't want her to think that he was asking her because of the situation there were now in and that was far from the point.

Finally Chris had to say something, he didn't know what to say though. He knew how he felt about the whole situation but how could he show that to Isolde. Pulling her face to face him he kissed her softly, but lingering for a while. "I'm not mad." he said softly as he broke apart, a beaming smile on his face. How could he be mad? He was far from it. He had always wanted children and now he dream was coming true all thanks to the woman he loved.

She was glad to have Chris's calming presence there to soothe her nerves, though it didn't make what she was going to say any easier. She had a feeling he wouldn't be too mad, but still, her natural paranoia about the situation didn't help. Perhaps if she just relaxed, it would all be fine, but she'd never done anything like this before. Now she was going to be a mother, and she was terrified. What if he doesn't want the child? What if I'm a bad mother? What if something happens? Isolde struggled to control her breathing. Chris looked shocked. Oh God, oh God, what's he going to say? she thought, panicked.

He said nothing, but instead kissed her, kissed her and then said he wasn't mad as they broke apart. Was she dreaming? Was he really happy about this? Now it was Isolde's turn to look shocked. "You...you really mean that?" she said, astonished. Her face slowly relaxed in to a smile as his reaction sunk in. He wasn't mad, he was happy! Really, truly, happy! Sure, that didn't completely ease her nerves, but for now, she could relax slightly. "Oh, I'm so glad you're not angry!" she sighed in relief as she threw her arms around him. "We're...we're going to be parents!" she breathed, actually managing to feel excited despite all her anxiety. At least she'd have Chris by her side.

OMG sorry this sucks >.<

Chris was fully aware of what he had just been told but despite this he was still finding it hard to believe. He had given what he thought, enough time for the words to sink in, but clearly they hadn’t it. It was a big thing to be told that you were going to be a father and despite having been told it before, albeit by a different person, it was still a difficult thing to grasp. “Of course I mean it. How could I be mad?” he asked as he embraced her. This was by far one of the happiest moments of his live, all thoughts of proposing long gone. “Why would I be angry? Isolde, I couldn’t be happier.” He said, his smile growing wider by the second. When he heard her say, we're going to be parents his heart swelled with happiness. He was going to be a parent, with Isolde by his side, he was the surely the luckiest man alive. Sitting back he stared at Isolde, cupping her face in his hand. “I love you so much.” he softly as he stared into her eyes before his lips claimed hers, his body filled with so much passion for the woman that was carrying his child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back