Some much needed relaxation...

Brunhilde Sigurd

OOC First Name
Amanda
Brunhilde entered the giant library in her home, absolutely exhausted. She had begun to wonder about her life; in her opinion, she was becoming entirely too old to stay with her father. But where was she to go? She did not exactly want to be alone, but there was no one else around for her.

Her form willowlike as she made her way to the second floor, an upper balcony overlooking the rest of the giant library, she pulled a book off of the shelf, something that was written entirely in runes. Reading runes was simply like reading another language to her, and reading them was just as easy. She lounged back in a chair, scanning that which was so familiar to her. Language and culture, of which she so loved.

However, she found her mind wandering back to other things. Like the fact that she was at a standstill with her life.

Stay here or move out? Her radiant and usually confident expression was unnaturally harrowed and tired these days. She was left to wallow in her own misery, although she did it without expressing it to everyone else, complaining and self pity always a pet peeve of hers.

Brunhilde had never gotten the Dark Mark, unlike the rest of those in her family. She preferred to be like her mother. She did not believe the story that her father had told her about her mother's demise, but what was she going to do about it? Nothing.

Constantly, as a child, she had always tried to impress Far, but her attempts were usually futile. Like Lief, she lacked a power that ran down her family line, and thus had been shunned as a child for it. She had never had had many friends, not sure how to make them, and always keeping the ones that she had close. Her relationships with men had not been entirely positive for her, and so she chose to stay curled up in a ball.

Sighing, she tried to read, but found her efforts futile as her mind strayed. Why couldn't she ever have some kind of retreat? She loved languages and culture. Maybe, she needed to take a vacation.

An owl flew into the room and landed on the table next to Brunhilde. It stuck its leg out for her to untie the letter attached.
Brun,
I don't know if you know this yet, but your brother and I are getting married! The fun part is that we are eloping next week. We have decided we do not want any of our parents to be there. I will explain that to you later. But what we do want is you to be there as one of our witnesses. Will you?? Please do not let your father know about this at all. We just want to have our moment of happiness and not have the drama that your father and my mother seem to cause when they are together. By the way, do you have any idea about what happened between them to make them like that? It's rather odd. Anyways, please say you will come!! I will send you details of where to meet us once when you say yes.
Love bunches!
Daisy
<i></i>

Brunhilde was slightly surprised as the owl swooped in through the window, with the letter addressed to her. Snatching it out of the air, she read its contents with her light blue eyes, her expression straining in surprise.

A certain mischievious glint appeared in her eye, and she was quick to find some parchment, writing back a hasty reply in her neat scrawl.

Daisy,
I would be absolutely elated.  I can assure you my father will know nothing of this.
I unfortunately have no idea what occured between your father and my mother. 
Brunhilde

She gave the letter to the owl, folding it over and watching as the bird swooped out of the library. Sighing, she made her way down to the first level, her gaze intent on the fireplace. With a grin, she chucked Daisy's letter in the fireplace, watching as it shriveled up and burned, making sure that her father would never know.

Valcan started as he entered the library, seeing Brunhilde throw something, was it a letter? in the fire, and he watched it as it was decimated. "Brunhilde," he said deeply in Norwegian, "What was that?"

Brunhilde smirked, shrugging her shoulders. "Only junk mail for myself, Far. There has been a certain man at work trying to capture my attention. I have no interest." Hoping that the lie was convincing enough, she started to move out of the room.

She already had her head in the clouds about the wedding. She was unsure who the other witnesses would be, except she had a hunch that Lief would select Tristan as one of them. They had been very close as boys.

Valcan frowned, looking at his daughter. He could tell that she was definitely holding something back, but as he did not have anything to go on, he didn't say anything. Brunhilde seemed very distant these days. He almost wondered if she had found out the matter of Iduna's death, but then, how could she know?

"I have some things to attend to. God dag, Far," Brunhilde said, and then left swiftly from the room, her dress whipping about her ankles.

Valcan watched as his daughter left, and when he knew that she was far enough away, he barked, "Dmitri!" The house elf appeared in front of him, ready to do his master's bidding.

"I do not trust Brunhilde. Follow her around, and if she happens to leave anything laying around, such as letters, bring them directly to me."

"Yes, Master," Dmitri replied, skulking out of the room. He might be loyal to Brunhilde, but his loyalty ran much deeper with his true master, Valcan.

A little while later, the owl returned with another letter. It found Brunhilde in the room she had retreated to.

I am so happy you will be there! You are the reason that we met and it means so much to me. Yes, and Lief too. He just stuck his nose into my letter on me. Meet us on Saturday at 1pm. Front steps of the Sydney Opera House. We will all go from there to the location. Can't wait to see you!
Love,
Daisy. </COLOR>
<COLOR color="purple">And Lief too.
<i></i>

Brunhilde smiled as she received the letter, writing a quick note back.
Daisy,
I am excited to be there.  I will be there at precisely one.
Brunhilde

With that, she put the note on the nightstand, rolling over in her bed and falling fast asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back