Open Some Much Needed Down Time

Hunter looked surprised for a second as caught of guard, but then smiled mischievously at Em "Oh so we are agreeing I have an adorable face?!" he added laughing, again he probably caught something she said without even thinking and he took advantage of that to mess with her a bit more, she would probably be extremely embarrassed by it.
"Skater boy?!" he said laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world, he unbuttoned his jacket and took it off, he wanted to show her his bruised elbow "This was what happened when I tried skating for the first and only time in my life" he said remembering how the skate immediately escaped from under his feet as soon as he stepped on it. At the moment he didn't really enjoyed but now it was nothing more than a funny story "Let's not get started with preppy, I don't even exactly know what that means" he said with a confused look on his face.
"That would be sick" he said at the girl's comment on red and lions, he started picturing the jacket he was wearing with a lion on the back, it would certainly look fierce but the animal more likely to be there was probably a badger. Hunter didn't quite understood why he was place on Hufflepuff, sure he was nice and friendly but were those his predominant traits? Nice is what you say when you have nothing else to say about someone.

Emmaline rolled her eyes at the young boy. He is so full of himself She thought, but not meaning a word of it. She knew Hunter was trying to mess with her. To be honest it was easy. Emmaline could always say the wrong thing or even think the wrong thing. At least Hunter was getting a good laugh from him. In a way it also put Emmaline at ease. He liked to make a joke of things, which when this young girl could overthink any moment, it was nice to have someone make light of the situation. "I'd say you're pretty adorable. Be better with an freezing charm though" She said with a laugh. Honestly she did find the boy adorable, especially based on his opinions and actions. A good friend for sure, Emmaline could feel that.

The young Gryffindor had obviously got Hunter's style wrong when she had listed the common fashion stereotypes. She watched as the young boy laughed at her observation and proceeded to take his shirt off. Before Emmaline could say a thing, she realized the purpose of the action. She gave a slight laugh at his story. Apparently skating was not his thing. "I guess you don't have to play the part to look the part." She said, the quote felt odd in her mouth. Her mother's exact words. What did they even mean. Emmaline knew she often looked a part that she certainly could not act out. It was always about appearance. That is most likely what the quote meant, yet Emmaline did feel almost foreign saying it aloud.

The young Gryffindor could not help but give a small laugh when Hunter did not understand what preppy style was. She covered her mouth slightly with her hand, as the giggles continued. "How about we leave the fashion to me." She said with a playful tone. "We will leave you in charge of..." Emmaline paused not quite knowing what to feel that statement with. She did not know Hunter well enough. "I mean I could always put you in charge of sweets." she said with a smile. "But what do you like to do, if not designing clothes?" She asked curiously knowing her statement was made in jest.

Hunter laughed as Em mentioned the freezing charm, he was dying to learn it so he couod brag to her about knowing it already and have the advantage to freeze her for a whole semester without her freezing him back, of course that she would probably take her revenge as soon as she learned it but until then Hunter wouldn't need to worry.
He stopped to think at the girl's question, he definitely like Herbology, Em knew that already but what did he like to do that didn't involve Hogwarts, what did he like to do that it was...mundane.
"I really like to binge watches series and movies" he said, it wasn't exactly a hobby like she had with fashion but it certainly granted him some impressive cinematic knowledge "I probably already watched every movie and series that you can think off. I have too much free time" he said scratching the back of his head with an embarrassed look. The truth was that he had too much free time, his parents didn't exactly gave him chores to do and so he enjoyed his free time alone watching tv.

Emmaline listened as Hunter explained that he enjoying watching movies and television shows. This young Gryffindor had known a lot of people who can get absorbed in movies, like a moving book. Emmaline never really had the time to keep up with television shows, but she had on occasion convinced her mother to let her go to the Cinema. She had seen a few movies and she could see the appeal. Even if the young girl mostly found herself stuck in books, she knew that the cinematic beauty of a movie, could be more than impressive. The young girl nodded her head to show that she was listening to her new friend.

"So if I ever need a movie buff, I know who to call." She said with a smile. Emmaline wondered if that meant Hunter was good at trivia nights. Emmaline had always enjoyed trivia. It was knowledge in a game, who didn't love that. "Do you have a favourite genre? "She asked curiously. Emmaline knew she did not have a vast knowledge of movies, plus she wasn't even sure if you could watch movies here at school due to the no electronics and magic, but she did like to learn new things.

The young girl looked out at the view, wondering how much time she had spent out here at the lakefront. She had been enjoying the moments, but realized that the sun was moving, time was going by. She was not quite ready for the conversation to end yet though.

Hunter had waited for that question his whole life "Yes" he said looking at her with a classy tone of voice trying to mimic one of those gentlemen from a 20's movie "Yes I do indeed ma'am".
He passed his hand in front of his face revealing an exaggerated smile after his hand crossed to the other side of his face "I like comedy" he said and then passed his hand through the front of his face again, doing jazz hands to look more mysterious "And I like fantasy" he said stopping the shenanigans. "But not all types of fantasy. More like Percy Jackson kind of fantasy, you know what I mean?" he said looking at her but she was starring at the lake.
Hunter stood quiet for a bit looking at her and then decided to say something "Hey, everything's alright? You look like you have something on your mind."

Emmaline let out a laugh, a little louder than she expected as Hunter acted like some old movie character. He puffed out his chest and changed his accent. The Gryffindor girl put her hand to her mouth, covering her laugh, or attempting to, knowing it did now good. Hunter did have a habit of making her laugh. She needed this. It was good to know he enjoyed movies so much though. Emmaline made sure to take a mental note of that.

The young boy continued his 'comedy show,' by doing various hand gestures and acting completely ridiculous. Emmaline tried to roll her eyes as if she did not approve, but she could not stifle the laughter. It was difficult to play coy when he constantly made her giggle. He did not seem to care much about what people thought of him, he was allowed to be silly. This was something Emmaline had always been told not to do. People needed to take her seriously in this perfect world, not think she was some clown. At the moment, Emmaline knew that was all wrong, but the wiring could not be changed that easily.

"I can see the comedy interest" She said with a smile, still not believing how Hunter can just act however he wanted without any concern. It was refreshing. "Oh I've read those!" Emmaline said excitedly, glad she could connect on one aspect. "So I do know that type of fantasy, gods and goddess, mythology. It's really interesting." She said with a smile as she thought back to the old books she had read years a go. She might have to give them another reread.

Emmaline had not noticed she zoned out for a second, staring at the view in front of her. "Oh sorry" She said shaking her head slightly. Emmaline ran her fingers through her hair, just in case it was out of place, hard to know without a mirror. "Yeah I'm good" Emmaline said maybe less than convincingly as she turned to the boy. "I just got lost in thought. I probably should get work done soon. I feel like I've been putting it off for awhile now." She said feeling guilty in more than one way. Guilty that she was 'slacking' on her school work even if most her assignments were already done and more so. Also guilty that she did not want to have to go back to the castle, this lakefront almost felt like it was a dream, a new perspective for Emmaline. Even though Emmaline said this aloud, she made no effort to move to get up from this blanket.

Hunter had the feeling Emmaline was a bit more class focused than him, not just from now but he took it from when she told him about her favourite classes. Astronomy is a science and usually someone who likes science is more nerdy than usual but Hunter didn't really mund fhat besides, smart is the new cool.
"Yeah those movies really got me into mythology" he said, he didn't knew that there were books of it, that was how much he cared about books. Like he probably guessed that girl was an information fountain, probably better than wikipedia, she had probably read all sorts of books. And the weirdest thing, she probably read them for fun.
"Well if you got work to do we can go" he said laughing but also kind of serious, he didn't want her to blame him for not letting her go and slack on her homeworks and then blame him for being a failure. That last part was probably an hyperbole.
He looked at her again almost as saying 'Shall we go?' but she didn't moved an inch so he decide not to either and just stare at the lake silently.

Emmaline smiled at the fact Hunter enjoyed mythology. "Well if you ever want any books on mythology I have a whole library basically." Emmaline said with a small laugh, yet she was serious. Emmaline had more books than she knew what to do with and still kept getting more. Ideally she would love to have more books than the whole Hogwarts Library. "You'll have to give me some good suggestions on movies. I don't get to watch many." She said with a genuine smile. She understood the appeal, but never had much time to sit down for three hours, even if she could easily spend that much time on her homework or reading a book. It was all the perspective.

Emmaline instantly felt bad that Hunter offered to leave already. Had she put a damper on the mood of the relaxed day? Emmaline hoped not, but she knew the draw of the coursework and the anxiety of having some many chapters to read and take notes one, would soon overcome here as the evening went on. She had wasted too much time already. Although Emmaline knew this time was not wasted. She made a friend, which was amazing. Emmaline needed someone she could talk to and feel comfortable with. "I should actually head back soon though" Emmaline admitted honestly. She began to stand up off the blanket. The young Gryffindor ran her hands down her uniform trying to get some of the wrinkles out.

"Any chance you want to meet up again?" Emmaline asked looking over at Hunter. She knew the phrase sounded odd coming from her mouth. She was very plan orientated, but rarely did she plan social gatherings. "I had a lot of fun. And those sweets were delicious. I'd love to do this or something similar again soon." She added with a smile as she pushed on stray strand behind her right ear. She hoped she wasn't killing the evening with all her worrying. She did really hope he would want to meet her again and hang out. It was so nice having a friend to relax with, maybe explore the castle together. She stood in her spot, not ready to go to the castle yet, but standing up was the first step.

Hunter heard the girl talking about how many books she had and she even offered him some if he wanted "Thanks! If I ever want one I know where to go" he said not having the minimum intention of actually ask her for books, the ones he had to read for class were already torturing enough.

"Sure thing!" he said "I'd recommend to watch super heroes first. Great fantasy, and they always find a way to inspire you. Marvel preferably, I found Thor to be one of my favourite trilogies. The second one is the worst in my opinion and the third is much more funny than the other but the third was so good oh my god, his sister showing up and being the goddess of death and being a badass that killed everyone, it was just awesome" he said excitedly "Sorry, I probably got a little to excited" he said blushing a bit and giving Emmaline an apologetic look.

He couldn't help but frown a bit as the girl told him that she needed to go but he got it, it's not like they could be like that forever "Yeah definitely. This was not my last time annoying you, you are still gonna have a few more headaches" he said joking at her. He then decided to get up and looked down at the blue eyed girl who was still sitting. He put his backpack on his back and looked at her "Want some help to get up?" he said offering her his hand.

Emmaline listened to Hunter excitedly give her suggestions for movies. She smiled, honestly impressed with his dedication. She wished she was able to watch some of his suggestions now, but she was not sure how that would happen here at Hogwarts. Maybe Emmaline could find a solution in a book, books always seemed to hold the answers to most of her questions in life.

Emmaline shook her head slightly when Hunter apologized. "Oh no I think it's great" She said truthfully. She could always respect someone being completely serious about their interests, even if it was something Emmaline could not personally relate to. She wanted to though. Maybe by next year she would have to watch some more movies in the summer. River would probably love that. She always wanted to tag along when Emmaline went to the cinema (on those one or two occasions). Of course Emmaline always brought her along, something she did not particularly miss, but knew would be happening again soon when River came to Hogwarts. "I'll definitely try to give them a watch when I can." She said with a smile as she looked over at the boy who seemed to be blushing slightly.

The young Gryffindor was happier than she expected to be when Hunter said they would meet again in his own comedic way. She laughed along with him. "Great! Looking forward to all those headaches." She said knowing that Hunter could never actually bother her, well maybe if she was working on schoolwork, but maybe not even then.

Emmaline extended her hand as Hunter offered to help her up. "Such a gentleman" She said laughing slightly as she looked up at Hunter. She did not want to leave, but she needed to, she knew she would regret it if she spent all night out here. Could happen She thought briefly before letting Hunter up her up into a standing position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back