OOC First Name
Marijke
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curly 14 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Ivelisse had been excited to see her dad again during the break after spending christmas at school. She had never been away from him that long and whilst she didn't get homesick or anything since there was way too much to do at hogwarts, it had still been nice to see him. Especially with everything she could tell him about her first year at the school. At the same time she was glad to be back. Sure, first year hadn't been everything she had hoped it would be and she had done less interesting things than she had hoped to do and hadn't made as many friends as she had planned, but that didn't matter. Everything would get better this year, she was sure of that. Just being a second year already felt like there were many more opportunities for her than there had been during her first year and boy, was she ready to seize them all. Deciding to start the year out right, Iva had put on her sportswear and headed outside, wandering around the lawn untill she found a good spot to start stretching. After she was done she put her hands in her side, gaze moving across the grounds as she tried to think of what she actually wanted to do and what route best to take for her run.

Louis had been playing a lot of Quidditch lately, preparing himself for tryouts. But today he didn't feel like flying. Instead, he headed out to the lawn. He still wanted to explore outside, though he had kind of given up on the idea of finding any grand secrets out there. He jogged out onto the lawn, looking around for anything to do. He was just contemplating going back to get his ball, when he saw a familiar face. "Hey!" He called, coming to a stop next to Ivelisse. "You going for a run?" He asked the Slytherin.

Ivelisse was trying to plan out a new route in her head, something different than the usual lap she had ran last year. It was proving to be more difficult than she had anticipated though, because even if the grounds were big there wasn't a whole lot of different ways she could run around without it ending up being all the same. She gave up on that for a second and turned to the side when she noticed someone next to her. "Hi!" She greeted when she noticed it was Louis, nodding at his question. "Yeah, just trying to figure out the least boring lap I can think of." Iva shrugged. She'd end up running anyways, even if she couldn't decide on a new lap. It would just be a little less interesting. At the same time it might allow her to focus more on improving her speed, which would be a positive. She'd have to keep trying if she was going to be faster than everyone else around anyways.

Louis grinned at Ivelisse's words, glancing around the grounds for a moment. "I mean, the least boring lap would probably be through the forbidden forest." He said with a grin. "But if you're not feeling like danger, the lake might be a good destination." He added with a shrug. "Do you want some company?" He asked, suddenly feeling like running as well. "We can see who is faster?"

"Well you're not wrong." Ivelisse laughed when Louis mentioned the least boring lap being straight through the forest. The fact that she had been at the school for an entire year already and still hadn't snuck in there annoyed her a little and she made a mental note to get to that sooner rather than later. Running through it just didn't seem like the best idea though, with all the roots and plants and everything. Ivelisse looked at Louis with a bit of surprise when he asked if she wanted any company, her expression quickly changing at his second question. "I mean I'd hate for you to feel bad about losing," She grinned before giving a small shrug. "But if you're up for the challenge, yeah, sure, why not."

Louis grinned when Ivelisse laughed at his comment, feeling pretty good at making someone else laugh. He wondered if he could talk her into actually going into the forest with him, but she seemed to think it was a bit ridiculous. Maybe that was something he could bring up later. Louis laughed at her comment about him losing, shooting her a confident grin. "Well, you don't have to worry about that." He told her. "I'm up for the challenge if you are." He added, flexing his arm muscles for a moment. "I think you'll see I'm pretty fast." He told her.

"Oh, I'm always up for a challenge." Ivelisse grinned before squinting her eyes at what Louis said next, getting a feeling he might just be as competetive as she was. Either that, or he was just cocky. Maybe both, who knew? "Right." She nodded, acting a little fake impressed when he mentioned he was pretty fast. She didn't have any trouble believing he was but it was a bit harder to convince her he would be faster than she was. "Okay, so maybe we could just start here and then the finish could be.." Ive started, looking around for anything recognizable that could work as their finish line. If they both knew exactly where to stop it would be harder to cheat after all. Not that she thought Louis would cheat and she obviously wouldn't need to, but just to be sure. "That tree near the lake." She said confidently, pointing at said tree so he would know exactly which one she meant.

Louis grinned at Ivelisse, glad she was down for the challenge. He hopped up and down a bit, ready to go. As Ivelisse said where the finish was, Louis nodded. "You're on!" He said, taking a moment to take off his jacket and throw it onto the ground. He got into a starting position. "On three, okay? One... two.... three!" The moment the word left his mouth, Louis was off. Unlike Ivelisse, he wasn't exactly dressed for running specifically, but he still managed to do quite well.

(ooc: Ivelisse can win as far as I'm concerned :r )

Ivelisse was pleased to know there were at least some other kids in her year that enjoyed a bit of a challenge, of friendly competition. She nodded when Louis was about to count down, making sure she got the tree that would count as their finish line in her sights as she got ready to run. Once he had reached the 'three' she started running, trying her best not to focus on where Louis was but rather on where she needed to go. Ive ran as fast as her legs could carry her, only slowing down when she had already reached the finish line. She rested her hands on her knees for a second as she caught her breath before turning around to see Louis finish shortly after she had. "I mean, you weren't lying.." She nodded as she spoke between breaths, "You are pretty fast." She continued. "I'm just faster." She finished, breaking out into a grin. Her being dressed and prepared to run might've given her a small advantage and she had to admit she was curious what would've happened if he would've been better prepared as well but for now she happily settled for the fact that she had won.

Louis was confident for the first part of the race, but it wasn't long before Ivelisse ran past him. He frowned and tried to speed up more, but it was to no avail. When he arrived at the finish line, Louis' mood had soured a bit. He caught his breath as well, turning away from her to hide his frown. He knew he could be too competitive, so he tried not to snap at Ivelisse. Though she didn't make it very easy. "Yeah, well," he said, breathing hard too. "You were better prepared." He muttered. It was true, she had already been about to run. "But good job, or whatever." He added, trying to sound like he didn't care.

Ivelisse liked to run but even more so liked to win. For some reason she could never exactly pinpoint she liked being better than others, being the best. Was it the attention? The feeling of satisfaction after finishing ahead of others? Both? Who knew. The only thing she was sure of was that she liked it and while she wasn't one to commonly downplay her wins she was also on a mission to make friends. Which meant maybe, just maybe, she could downplay it a little bit. Just this time. "I mean I guess that's true." Ive responded with a small shrug when Louis said she had been better prepared. It was true and there was no denying it. She was dressed for it and had been able to warm up while he didn't have either of those things. "We could always do a rematch some other time." She grinned at him, having a feeling that he wasn't as indifferent to losing as he was acting to be. Perhaps because acting like it didn't matter was exactly what she would do if she hadn't lost her temper about losing in the first place yet. "Although I might not be as fun if I just so happen to lose." She admitted honestly, always trying to figure out the best strategy for befriending any of her classmates.

Louis was glad Ivelisse sort of agreed with him, it made him feel a bit better about the whole thing. He nodded when she said they could do a rematch sometime, but then grinned a bit when she admitted to not being as much fun if she lost. He felt a bit better at that, as he wasn't very good at losing either. "I get that, I don't like to lose either." He admitted. "So that's something we have in common." He shrugged, running his hand through his hair. "You thinking of trying out for the Quidditch team?" He asked, wondering if he would play against her someday.

Ivelisse surely wasn't going to disclose the fact that she hated losing to everyone but right now it had seemed like a good thing to say in her mission to gain more friends. She was glad it seemed to have been exactly that though, giving Louis a small smile when he admitted he wasn't too keen on losing either. "Well then maybe we shouldn't race again because I'm not planning on letting you win." Ive said jokingly, although there was obviously some truth in there. She wasn't just going to let anyone win and she was sure Louis wouldn't do that either. "For sure!" She nodded confidently when he asked about quidditch. "I'm betting you too? I'm aiming for seeker."

Louis couldn’t help laughing when Ivelisse suggested they shouldn’t race again. It was a fair assessment, and he liked her for her honesty. “Maybe you’re right.” He said with a slight smile. “But I think my pride wants me to win at least once.” He added with a shrug. “Maybe we can agree to stop racing once we’re even.” He added, grinning. He wasn’t taking it too seriously, but still enjoying their jokes back and forth. He wasn’t really surprised when the girl said she was trying out for the Quidditch team as well. “Oh, that’s awesome.” He said, feeling a little jealous she dared to go for seeker. “I considered it, but the Gryffindor team is way too competitive, there’s hardly any room. So I’m going for chaser instead, seems like a safer bet.” He said with a shrug. “I’m pretty sure the team already has a seeker and an alternate seeker.” He added, trying to sound like he wasn’t entirely sure even though he definitely was. He had done his research.

Ivelisse wasn't surprised when Louis mentioned he would want to win at least once. If she had been the one to lose this impulsive race she was sure she would've wanted at least some sort of rematch as well. They seemed quite alike in that matter. "Sure, sounds fair." She nodded when he mentioned stopping doing races when they were even. "Next race is your pick then." She added with a small grin, curious if he would just want to run again or whether he would come up with a completely different type of race. Who knew? Maybe there are other things he thought he would be better in than her. "Yeah, the current seeker is pretty young so I'm not sure how much I'd even get to play but I don't really want to tryout for any other position either." Ive responded with a small shrug, deliberately leaving out the 'if I make the team' part of her sentence. She was confident she was going to and didn't want to jinx it by saying she wouldn't. At least not to someone who was trying out for one of the other teams. "Chaser can be fun." She nodded at Louis' explanation. "Although I guess you'd have to be a bit more of a team player."

Louis grinned when Ivelisse said it sounded fair, the idea of one more rematch was pretty fun. He nodded when she said the next race would be his pick, immediately thinking about possibilities. Maybe on brooms? “Sure.” He said with a shrug and an easy grin. He nodded when the girl explained why she would be going for seeker. “Maybe if you're good enough you’ll get put in instead of the current seeker.” He said, though he doubted that would happen. He laughed at her comment about chasers. “True, unless you’re the star chaser who scores every time anyway.” He said, flexing his arm jokingly. Though truthfully, he imagined it would only take him a few years to reach that status. “I’ll cheer for you when you make it, as long as you’re not playing against Gryffindor.” He said with a small shrug.

Ivelisse wasn't sure what Louis would eventually come up with for their next race but whatever it was he'd end up picking she was sure she would be fine. If it wasn't her skills than surely her confidence and will to win would help her out. Although that hadn't been the case for Louis in the race they had just done and he seemed about as confident as she was. "I mean he's the captain so I don't think that would be happening anytime soon." Ive chuckled at his remark. If only. It seemed strange but she was sure that if she even made the team as an alternate there would be a tiny part of her that would wish for their seeker to get knocked out so she would get to play. Which wasn't specifically a nice thought. At the same time she was sure she would just want the team to win and if the current seeker could bring them those wins than that would be great. "Right. Which is clearly what the future has in store for you." She nodded when Louis flexed. "Would hate to be one of those other chasers on your team." Ive added with a laugh. It could be possible but she did wonder whether the other two chasers on the team would be happy with that. Surely some students who tried out for chaser had to like the teamwork that came with it. Or at least the possibility for teamwork. "Ditto." She smiled when he mentioned he'd cheer for her. "But only if you actually score though." She added jokingly.

Louis laughed when Ivelisse said the seeker was the captain. He hadn’t realized that, that made it a bit trickier. “I see. Maybe he’ll get knocked out in a match then.” He said with a slight grin. Louis couldn’t help grinning more widely when Ivelisse joked a bit with him about him being a star player. He wasn’t upset she didn’t seem to believe him, he’d prove it to her soon enough. He laughed as she said she would only cheer for him when he scored, giving her a confident smile. “You’ll be cheering a lot, then.” He told her.

Ivelisse shrugged when Louis mentioned the captain getting knocked out. "Who knows." She said casually. Part of her knew that if she made the team as an alternate the chance of her actually playing in a match could be slim but another part of her couldn't shake the idea of last years game in which pretty much the whole team had gotten knocked out. She wouldn't want the more experienced seeker to get knocked out but it was just like she said; maybe it would happen, maybe it wouldn't. Only time would tell. "I'll keep that in mind, make sure my voice is warmed up when gryffindor plays." Ive grinned at Louis. "Except for when it's against slytherin, obviously." She added with a laugh. It did secretely make her hope that both of them would make the team. The possibility of playing against people she knew would surely make things more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back