Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 10 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Estella had been having a good first couple of weeks back at Hogwarts. It was good to be back and learning new things in her classes and she was even more happy to be back with her friends. She wanted to make the most of this year with them, especially since her younger sister would be joining them next year, and Estella was really not looking forward to that. The Hufflepuff girl came down from her dormitory that morning with a grumbling stomach. She was on a mission for some breakfast, but as she entered the Great Hall, it seemed her Hufflepuff friends weren't there just yet. She surveyed the room, looking around for someone to eat with, and when her eyes fell upon Oscar, she beamed, making her way over to him with a wide smile on her face. "Hey! How have you been?" she exclaimed, taking a seat at the Ravenclaw table with him. She hadn't spoken to him since the year before, since the incident with the owl in the owlery, and she was glad she could talk to him now. The girl began piling some toast onto her plate but paused as she came across the fried eggs. "Where do you suppose these eggs come from? I know the house elves make them, but where would they have got them from? Do you think the chickens were free range?" Estella was always very particular about her food, and she wondered if Oscar knew more than what she did about it. After all, he seemed smart enough.

Sitting alone at the table, Oscar was paying more attention to the book open in front of him than the plate of breakfast next to him. He was still recovering from being sick for such a long time that he often didn't really feel that hungry, this morning was one of those times. Still, the boy liked sitting in the Great Hall and drown away in his book whilst enjoying all the background noises he had missed so much. It wasn't until someone sat down next to him that he had noticed that his fried eggs and bacon had gone cold. Pushing the plate away from him, he smiled back at Estella. ''Good morning! I have been stellar ever since we've started the new year,'' Oscar replied. It wasn't entirely true but Estella didn't need to know the details. ''How have you been? Enjoying the new classes?'' The girl asked him a solid question, one he had asked himself too the first time he had had eggs for breakfast. He had yet to find a suitable answer to the question, however. ''I thought that the school would have chickens around somewhere, but I checked and didn't see any about. If there are chickens here, I'd like to believe that they're free-range, the grounds are enormous after all. They might have been bought from a store, though, if the school doesn't have a chicken around,'' he answered.

Estella beamed when Oscar said he had been stellar. It seemed like a very good thing to be and the girl was happy for him. "That's so good! I'm always so refreshed coming into a new year." she told him, glad that her friend was so positive. "Oh the new classes are okay. I'm doing Muggle Studies and Care of Magical Creatures as my electives. Muggle Studies is the best I'd say. What new subjects are you doing?" Estella had been wanting to do Muggle Studies for so long and she was glad that now she was in her third year and able to do it. As Oscar answered her question, the girl just shrugged before turning away from the eggs and just putting some marmalade on her toast instead. "I better not then if we don't know for sure." she said, not wanting to risk it. "I hope they're in the school somewhere. Maybe since I'm doing Care of Magical Creatures I could see them. Until then, I'm not going to eat those eggs." Estella glanced at the cold plate Oscar had pushed away from himself before, wondering if perhaps he thought the same thing that she did.

Oscar smiled at Estella's reaction, happy to see that she was also excited about the start of a new year. It was good to be surrounded by people again who were just as excited and happy about their third year as he was. He was digging the positive vibes and had certainly missed that throughout the second term of their previous year. He nodded along when she told him about the electives she took. Oscar's first thought was to take Care of Magical Creatures as well, thinking that it might possibly come in handy with his future profession as a herbologist, but after talking with his mother about the electives during the second week of the winter break, Oscar had come to the conclusion to choose differently. ''I'm doing Ancient Runes and Arithmancy as my electives.'' He knew that Ancient Runes and Arithmancy were probably not the most exciting electives of the handful the third years could pick from, but when thinking of the future, it made the most sense to also pick subjects that would come in handy in case he didn't make it as a herbologist. ''You'll have to tell me about Care of Magical Creatures more. I thought about choosing it but changed my mind. I'm definitely curious about the creatures the professor will show.'' He was also curious about where the school held so many chickens and hoped that Estella would perhaps see them around the grounds of the Care of Magical Creatures classroom. ''If not, we could always ask the house-elves about where these eggs came from,'' the boy said with a nudge towards the eggs on his plate. He was craving some adventure after a lacklustre second year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back