Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella and Olivia were holding a full-blown conversation. Both had decided that unpacking and decorating the rooms in their new home was indeed chump's work and that they should pursue other interests. Talking about the chump who was out in the garden stunning gnomes and spending time with the plants was suitable enough. Mother informed daughter that the Herbology nut of a father wasn't allowed to plant anything ill-mannered or dangerous. Olivia's response about her "dadadadadadadada" related that this was a very good idea.

Although there were boxes stacked to the ceiling and furniture covered with sheets, Estrella had figured the place would be suitable enough for a visitor. At least, a visitor that wouldn't care much about what the house looked like. She would be here any time now, to see the five month old in her bouncy seat, if not the cottage.

With a pop, Zoe appeared in front of Estrella's new house. She was still getting used to this whole apparation, finding it more and more useful now that she wasn't in school anymore. When she appeared, she dropped her purse on the ground, but picked it up, and brushed herself off. She walked up to the front door, and knocked on it, with a fun tune. She was excited to meet Olivia, and see how Estrella was doing. She saw Estrella at Lily's wedding party/sleepover but hadn't seen her since. She waited patiently, realising that her friend was probably busy with her daughter at that moment, and Jaken was most likely at work.

"That must be our guest now," Estrella informed Olivia cheerfully. The baby seemed quite excited about this (or maybe she had just seen another spider crawling up the wall.) Popping up from her knees like a prairie dog from grassland, she approached the door. The nineteen-year-old threw the door open and wrapped her arms around Zoe. "So glad you could make it!" Although the two friends had had fun at Lily's hen party, they'd lacked the opportunity to really catch up. "Come on in- a certain little girl can't wait to see you." Olivia had continued to babble even when her mother had left her side.

"Estrella!" Zoe squealed with glee as she embraced the new-to-her mother. "I'm so glad we could arrange this, I've missed you so much!" She said as she let go of her. She took a good look around the place, and nodded approvingly. "Not bad, not bad. You have done quite well for yourself Mrs. Styx." She said, keeping a straight face. Her purse had been bulging when she walked in, which was why she picked it up so fast after it dropped. Luckily, it had fallen into a snow bank, so the gift inside it didn't break. Zoe opened the bag, and took out a nice wine, handing it to Estrella with a wink. "Now that you're not pregnant, I thought we could celebrate to something!" She exclaimed, grinning.

Looking around, curiously, she asked, "So where is this little girl by the name of Olivia?"

Estrella grinned. "I'm glad we could too! And you're telling me... at least you've graduated so we can see each other more often!" She nodded and glanced around the place. There was still a long way to go before the place was presentable. Good thing Zoe didn't seem to mind the cobwebs, dust and array of boxes. "Why, thank you! We'll figure out something to celebrate." Estrella clutched the bottle by the neck, reading over the label. She couldn't wait to taste it.

"Oh, she's not far," the young mother chuckled, "Can't you hear her already?" By Merlin, the baby could talk the ear off of a deaf elephant. She beckoned Zoe into the living room. Olivia stared at the new arrival for a moment, studying her face before smiling and babbling to the redhead. Somehow 'Dahdah', 'Mahmah', 'No' and 'Hi' again found their place in the conversation.

Zoe's face lit up when she saw Olivia. "Oh my gosh Star, she looks just like you!" She exclaimed, as she crouched down to the beautiful baby girl who was playfully enjoying herself in the bouncy chair. Zoe started to make faces at her, in attempts at having her laugh even more, when Olivia started pulling at her hair. Zoe laughed, and gently slid her hair out of the baby's' grip. "She talks, and talks, doesn't she?" She grinned, getting back up to face Estrella again. "So, how are you doing?" She asked, just in general. She remembered the last time they spoke, neither of them was sure what they would do for the rest of their lives, and Zoe still wasn't sure of it.

"No, Olivia," Estrella said sternly. Zoe's hair wasn't the baby's first victim, and wouldn't be her last. It wasn't just coincidence that No had been the child's first word. Sighing, she smiled at her friend. "She never stops talking," Estrella laughed. It wouldn't be too terribly long before Olivia could sass back. The hands on the clock were moving way too quickly for the nineteen-year-old's liking.

She beamed. "Pretty good. I'm really glad to be back in New Zealand." A mischievous glint in her eye, she added, "I'm going to have a job come September." Estrella hadn't told the news to any of her friends yet.

Zoe turned her head around for a split second, and made a silly face, with her tongue sticking out, at Olivia which made her giggle a little bit. Upon hearing that Estrella was going to be getting a job in September, her interest peaked, and she raised her eyebrows. "Really! Now, where would that happen to be?" The redhead asked, realizing that she should probably find a more, permanent job. Working at Gladrags wouldn't be the best career she could have, though for the length she was there, the experience would look very good on her resume. "I have yet to find a permanent job." She said in a monotone, as she took a seat on one of the couches.

Smirking, Estrella glanced from Olivia and back to Zoe. "Well, I'm returning to school," she revealed, withholding the rest to drag it out. The nineteen year old was casual about it. If Zoe didn't know better, it would seem like it was no big deal. Her eyes betrayed her. "Yeah, well, you just graduated. You don't have to get a full time job right away. Do you have any idea what you would like to do at this point?" Zoe had always been an awesome Quidditch player. It wouldn't surprise her if the girl decided to go pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back