OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Chayton's ❤
Solen, North Dakota. A place where she was born and raised for about five years of her life before they decided to move away to Ireland. It’s always a pleasure to be back in Solen, the weather here was nice and warm during the summer days. But winter was always a different story. The sun hadn’t disappeared around this time they had come here apprating from the Netherlands, on their typical visit during the winter frost days it barely showed its shadowing rays. Madlyn thought it was something new for a change, something new significant that there might be change in the future. “Mom the sun is out and it’s winter, does that mean anything to you? I find it quite strange” Madlyn admitted to her mom.

Iris shook her head, they were outside of their cousin’s two décor traier home, and right down the road in the rural farming county was their vacation dwelling. Jackie decided she would stay while her mom and Madlyn went out shopping for some grocery. Jackie was fine with anyone, typically she loved being around her cousin, and they always had something to do around here. Madlyn heard them ask Jackie if she wanted to watch a muggel movie with them, that kept her entertain for the meantime. “Not everything has a meaning Madlyn, it’s just the sun is out” Iris replied. She took look around their rental truck; Madlyn could sit in the back. The way these muggel machine were built, Madlyn weight can handle or rather the truck can handle her. “But then again you might be right hun” Iris finished stating.

Madlyn climb out back and sat down, her long heavy legs went bend to the knee. She sat with her elbows tuck at her stomach and her legs level with her chin, they were ready to go food shopping down a wizard market. As bad as American maybe, Solen still had its wizarding community amongst the Natives here; all around the US had plenty of wizarding communities you just had to know where to find them. Iris went down the road, “Before we go shopping I promised a friend who I met last summer that I’d go visit him” Iris told Madlyn. Madlyn shrug, “It’s okay I guess” the road went on, but Iris took a left at a stop sign. They approached a house, more like a cabin home. Madlyn paid little attention until the truck made a complete stop right outside the cabin.

“Were here” announced Iris, Madlyn climbed out and follow the smaller woman from behind. “Who lives here?” she asked, she didn’t think much of it. She figured her mom would be here on a healing mission, the woman was incredible with her hands and potion. Ironic how Madlyn was not. Madlyn enter the cabin home, she didn’t even have to duck to enter, and she thought nothing of it. “Hello Harry are you home?” called out her mom, Madlyn stood by the door, she waited for her mom to be done with the visit so they could go on grocery shopping like they had plan too.

Chatyon was in his room. It was winter and he was back home from school for his break. He was using the opportunity to try and make something that would enable him to be able to fix things without having to engorge them. he had been interrupted that morning by his farther who had made him go and get some food for some visitors who were coming over that afternoon. On his way there he had noticed that the sun was out but hadn’t thought anything of it really, the local store was only at the end of the road and he had wanted to get back quick. He was just tightening one of the screws when he heard a knock at the door. He still didn’t move as it had taken him a while to get the things in place and didn’t want to have to redo it again. He heard his dad open the door and welcome the guests inside. It didn’t sound like anyone that he knew, was it an old friend from school? Or someone he had met recently. He didn’t know. And he didn’t want to find out until he was at least done with what he was doing. Hey had asked for his farther not him at any rate.
He heard his rather welcome them in and guiding them in. maybe he could hide up here. He wasn't in the mood for people to be staring at him because of his size, at 8 foot nine he wasn't exactly normal height. Just as he had finished the screw he heard his fathers voice echoing up the stairs. "Chay, we have company. Could you please come and say hello" he picked up the next screw if he just put that into place he wouldn’t have to start it again. "I'll be down in a minute" he called back fumbling slightly he managed to get it deep enough, sort of trying to put off heading down. "Chayton Ateara. Come down here right now" came his fathers voice again, a slight edge to it. Sighing slightly he got up. Thankfully the screw was far enough in to support its self. Opening the door he headed onto the landing his eyes downcast. He slouched slightly as he made his way down the stairs. He could see two shadows n the floor but didn’t look at the people who cast them. He didn't even realize that one was larger than the other. "Iris, This is my son Chayton. Chayton This is Iris and her daughter" came his fathers voice. ”Hello, It’s just Chay" he mumbled automatically not looking up. It wasn’t that he disliked his name, but he had always preferred the shorter form.

"Oh Harry it's nice to see you again. I wanted to see you about these plants we've been harvesting up in Holland" Iris spoke at first, she was happy to see him. Much to happy, but in truth there was another entire reason for this visit. Iris was the first to see Chayton, Iris noticed he was a lot taller then her own daughter. Which explain somewhat, since Madlyn was less of a giant from her own father. "My young man, I've heard a lot about you from your father, he says you're very handy with your hands" Madlyn on other hand still stood by the doorway. As if she care to greet anyone, she stayed looking out from the screen. The truck was park out front, an old baby blue. She had rather be out there waiting for them to go, but it seems like mom wasn't planning to leave anytime soon. She could smell fresh cod baking from the kitchen. If that didn't tell her much, then the large glass position around the table would have. That was the first thing she saw, the large glass and table. Much to enormous for a small man like Harry.

Madlyn walked in more the living room area, she stop dead in her track when she saw Chayton, Harry's son. He was huge, a bit taller then her by height but he didn't look so big in the middle like her dad have been, and he had less hair on his face. Madlyn eyes widen in shock, the last thing she expected to see was another part - giant around here. Although he was big and hairless, she noticed something about him right away. He was particular shy in his greeting, she thought it was odd. Madlyn being loud and somewhat careful, realized that now all part - giants were going to be like her. It changed the stereotype viewed she had about her own race instantly. She was a little shy on her greeting as well, who could blame her? Mom really shocked her completely. "Hey-y-y ummm, I'm Madlyn" she offered a small smile first to Chayton then his dad.

"Were going to be having dinner with his father and Chay, he's told me about Chay and I wanted you to meet him" spoke her mom first after that awkward weird greeting. "Of course" Madlyn said after, sighing at her mom. What was she thinking?! Her mom smirked as if she read her mind, "Just wanted you to have a friend, whom is sort of like you Madlyn" Oh god mom, you're playing match maker here?! Madlyn nodded, somewhat disagreeing to her mom's idea here. And it didn't take a genius to see Harry was playing along too.

Chayton heard the adults talking about plants and fish. He stood there awkwardly when they spoke. However when the lady, Iris, spoke to him he looked up at her and took of his glasses so that he could see them better. His vision was good for distances but not so good close up, and he hadn’t taken them off when he had left his room. "I'm Okay at it I guess" he said looking up at her. once he spoke he looked at the figure who was still standing by the door. when he saw her his eyes widened. he had never met another person like him other than his mother. "umm, Nice to meet you Madlyn" he said mumbling slightly. realizing that he was acting like how he hated people to act around him. He looked at the girl for a few moments before turning to look at his dad a quizzical expression on his face. He was trying to see if he had known that Madlyn was like him. From the expression on his face he could tell that he was just as surprised to see someone else with giant blood in his house. He looked back at the girl realizing that he was acting in the exact same way as he hated people to act around him. ”sorry, I just wasn’t expecting to see … err, well, someone like me” he said praying that she too was tall due to giant blood, not some other reason, even if it was some other reason he could have just meant aubnormally tall, right? Just then as if to try and lift the awkward situation that had settled on the room he heard is fathers voice though it sounded like it was from a while away to Chay ”Iris, I’m afraid dinner may be a while. Would you like a drink or some biscuits” Chayton looked at madlyn. Again. He would like to got to know her, the only other part giant he had ever met other than his mother. ”do you want to grab something and head out side. I have a heater in the workshop” he said. As the local area was not too saturated with magic like the school they could get electricity to work. If they couldn’t a fire in the workshop would have been one of his first priorities.

Bestowed look on Harry face further confused her. She was in a dilemma of her own to guess if he had known or not, seem pointless to figure it out. She was much to bothered by this for some reason unknown. She looked at her mom who made little connection now that Harry offered her some drink and biscuits. Madlyn also realized he hadn't taken her hand in greeting. What? To good for you? Madlyn thought annoyed, after such thought enter her mind he quickly apologized for his reaction. "No it's okay, I rather go outside and wait in the truck" she rejected his offer. She had so many mix feelings now, about her mom, Harry and now Chayton. Maybe if she had stayed with Briar in New Zealand everything would've been okay. Now she was forced to make nice with hairless wander over here, she didn't met to be mean. It just how she felt at the moment.

"Mads don't be rude to Chayton, he was only trying to be nice" Iris added quickly in Chayton defense, Iris was disappointed that her daughter would behave this way, she taught her so much better. "I would like to Harry, maybe we can exchange the plants we've been talking about for months" Iris and Harry left the room, leaving the abnormally children behind.

Madlyn looked at Chayton, she turn around and walked out the door. How dare mom, how dare she make me look like some prize. Madlyn wanted to run, wanted to scream, wanted Briar to be here but it was no good crying out loud like some monster. Chayton would see, and she would be so embarrassed. It's been ages since she's acted like that, she has come a long way to just start drop kicking large trees and throwing rocks larger then her little sister at anything to make someone soar about her. The only solution she could come up was to stay silent and do the opposite in what her mother wanted her to do. Sit in silence and be hostile. She sat down at the foot of the stairs and looked out from the vast land laid in front of her.

Madlyn heard the screen door open, she remain still not caring to look up. She covered her face a little with her overly larger hands, placing them wide in front of her, she sighed frustrated. this was not her day, or maybe she was acting out to much like a prat.

At Madlyns remark Chayton lowered his head and dug his hands deep into his hoodies pockets. he was never normally social at all. and he now remembered the reason why, It hurt when people dismissed him. cut him off and treated him differently because of his size, or (in madlyns case) some other reason. He had learned long ago that the easiest way was to find something else to take his time that he enjoyed and could do on his own so that he wouldn't have to face other peoples judgement. that was how he had started with his models, which had changed over the years into machines. When the parents left he was alone with the girl who seemed to be in a bad mood. not sure what to do he looked at the floor. he saw the girls shadow move as she the house leaving Chay alone in the hall. he wanted to talk to her. but she seemed like she wanted to be left alone.
he headed to the kitchen and took two large mugs out of the cupboard. heating some milk up he quickly made two steaming mugs of hot chocolate. It was too cold to be sittign outside on ones own, even if the sun was out. once they were made he took them and a plate of biscuits and headed outside. It had been a few minutes since the girl had left and he hoped that he had had a little time to recover. "Are you okay Madlyn, d'you want a drink?" he said quietly, passing her one of the mugs. he sat down on the other side of the ride stops and looked out over the landscape, waiting for her to say the first thing.

Madlyn looked up and instantly felt awful for being such a stubborn monster. She sighed and took the mug. "Thank you Chay, I'm alright I was a bit surprised that was all, My mom never mention we've becoming around here" she lied, she looked straight forward to cover her lie. Madlyn never been great at lying before, so when she lies she had to look straight. The mug of chocolate burn her tongue, well the tip of her tongue. She blew on it to chill the content, for better results she placed the mug down on the ground next to her. They said gravel was always chilled, and it was wintery outside, all but the sun said so. Everything out in the land looked as if it had died. The remainder of grass and flaky leaves scattered the land. Madlyn stayed silent till she couldn't take it anymore. Her plan to be hostile, rude and mean did her no good. And when was she like this to anyone new in the first place? She picked up her mug again, the base was chilled, the chocolate warm. She took a few sips and balanced the mug with both hands.

Solen, it was home again. Madlyn contemplated on what to do or say next. He seemed normal, and he wore glasses, which she thought was a little strange. "So. Chayton, is it true what my mom says? You're handy with your hands? What exactly are you capable of doing?" That's a start. better then nothing, better ease up and make it nice. Mom would like that wouldn't she? So would dad. She thought of some topics she might find interesting or what her dad would talk about for instance when he was alive. It's not everyday you met someone like you. It's a challenge, because everyone of them were into something different. She couldn't compare other then her father Jackson. She had to make her decisions and judge him based off his personality. If they wanted this to work it would take a while for Madlyn to consider him as a friend or not. After all she had the liberty of saying so. Her mom can introduced didn't mean they could be friends right off the back. She took a sip of the chocolate and thought there she went again over thinking it way to much.

Chayton continued to look at the landscape, a sort of mutual respect some how. He wanted to look at her but he was too shy to, as she was looking across the land. He had gotten used to looking at the landscape over time as if you were looking at the horizon then you didn't notice all the people staring at you. "I know, my dad just said that we were having people over, I thought that it was family, or something" he said not realising that madlyn wasn't telling the whole truth. he drank some of the drink and watched as his breath came out in clouds before him.
A few minutes passed in silence each of them caught in their own world. this silence wasn't as awkward as the one that had passed earlier had been. after a while He heard the girls voice speak he looked across at her making eye contact briefly "I am pretty good at fixing things. recently I was working on random things I manage to buy cheep from muggle stores. at the moment I am working on a Jeep, which i am fixing up for dad" he said before looking away, the back of his neck started to feel warm, it wasn't that he was embarrassed of his hobby, it was just most people in the wizarding world wouldn't use a car, or if they did they would get one that worked or use magic to fixit, he used muggle tools, most of the time not even using electronic ones. "How come I haven't seen you around here before? Its a pretty small town" he said. everyone seemed to know everyone in Solen, even if not personally by reputation. that was one of the things he liked about the town it was safe. once they had settled in there wasn't many people who gawked at him when he walked down the street like there had been in the suburbs.

Figures. Madlyn thought without voicing. Parents and their sneaky little game. She cup the mug close to her lips, a small fog appeared in front of the cup. Madlyn blew out her own, the mist swirling almost like magic. It was to early to think if wanted this or not. For the time being she sat there listening him to go on about muggel fixing items, it all sounded muffled in her ears. Madlyn didn't meant to drown him out, it just happen. She would pick up the small portion of the conversation, like mentioning muggel objects made her wonder more of what he did with muggel items. "Muggel? I wouldn't think someone like us would like muggel items, let alone used something muggel made" she smiled. Madlyn loved muggel movies, magazine and enjoyed from time to time muggel music. But ever since her old professor left she drop muggel studies completely. It was pointless if she had no interest in entering the muggel world. Plans after graduation next year was sort of in the works. She took a long sip of the chocolate, almost nearing the last drop, she savor the last drop and set the mug back down. Delicious.

"I used to live in this part of Solen" she replied snapping from her daze. "When I was younger, I was born here too. My mom and dad wanted some place else to live so we moved to Ireland" that's where she met her friend Stormy and little Jackie was born there too. "Were here sort on vacation, I attend Hogwarts in New Zealand but we live in Netherlands now" she stop saying anything else. She was wary about telling someone her business. Not like he knew anyone she knew besides her mom, and even then she had nothing to worry. Why worry anyways, he seems pleasant for a company. "Why are you interested in muggel items or fixing? Is that what you do, what makes it so appealing to a part - giant?" perhaps it was a male thing too, her dad was handy or had been handy with wood work. She never asked why, she always knew him to be sort of handy with wood. Madlyn never would think to ask anyways, it made her dad very happy when he was doing the wood work.

Chayton watched as he adults came around the edge of the house a few plants in hand and vanish into the greenhouse. once his farther started talking about his plants he could go for hours. than Madlyn said that she didn't think that someone like then would be into muggle things. he shrugged, once again feeling the heat spreading across the back of his neck. "well My dad is muggle born and I spent a lot of time with my grandparents growing up" he mumbled. resting his arms on his knees. he had enjoyed his time at has grandparents house, when he was very young he would go into the garage with his grandfather and follow him around, when he had got a little older he had started his own projects, the first one was a wooden box and he had enjoyed making it and it had sort of grown from there.
As Madlyn said where she was from he nodded. "Here, Ireland, New Zealand and the netherlands. they all sound like interesting places I have only lived in this state, and go to Orion Academy up north for school" he said before drinking the last of the chocolate. "well I started my work when i was with my granddad, and we worked on muggle things, and that sort of stuck, they make more sense to work with than magic things. and fixing things, I think started with making things normal things bigger when I was little" he said talking a little more confidently hough it was only hardly more than a mumble. he realised that Madlyn said part giant, as though he didn't think it was any other thing it could be, it seemed that he had been right about what she was.

Madlyn paid more attention now, these were question she wanted to know and Chayton would be the one to tell her. "Oh, wow! That must mean - - mean you were always expose to it?" she had been daft to consider the possibilities. Her dad history had been quite a mystery but she could already see that Chayton had been born more around the muggels and no harm has come over the great giant boy. "That's really, quite interesting. I didn't have that life but I guess mom didn't want no harm coming to me, which is stupid because here you are proving my parents wrong" she said shaking her head "Well we can't all control our lives when were young" she would have loved least a little more exposure but she;s not mad at her parents for doing what they did, she still love them greatly. For all that was worth, they could've had abounded her like her father was abounded as a child. Still amazed her how the tribe welcome him in the community. She was grateful nonetheless.

The adults made their appearance again, but only for a short period of time. She was starting to feel less annoyed about her mom coming here, it always feels good to meet someone like you once you've got a little taste of what they were all about. "Yeah been almost everywhere with the school, they take us too different parts of the world, so yeah it's been like that for a very long time" she nodded. Madlyn felt the new exciting self shimmer down quickly before her eyes. She looked down smiling though, "Is there anything we could do around here? I'm quite bored, not that's you're fault I just want to have fun" she said nodding.

Chayton was a little surprised that the girl was taking more interest in him when he said that his grandparents were muggles. Usually people were more interested in his mothers side, but then again Madlyn looked like she already experienced that side. "I guess i was, at least until I was six, then things gat awkward in muggle company." he said. as until then, he was large, but he could generally just pretend he was older, but at six he had shot up and it was fairly obvious he wasn't normal. "I think it just depends on the community, some are going to be more accepting than others. Thankfully my grandparents were pretty good about it, though I wasn’t allowed outside much when i was with them" he said. Another reason why he had followed his pop into the workshop to begin with.
Chayton was surprised when madlyn said that they were taken all over the place with school. At Orion we don’t get any field trips. Just one or two days over the semester to visit the local town. “ he said. To be honest he didnt mind, there were only so many people in the school and after a while they go used to him. Where as if he traveled, he would have to meet new people all the time and cope with their starring. By this time the door to the greenhouse was firmly shut against the cold, his dad wouldn’t want the plants getting themselves cold. When Madlyn said that she was bored Chayton had an idea. ”do you want to take the jeep out, I managed to get it working the other day” he said wondering if she would like that. His farther had taught him an interesting spell that he had pt on the four wheel drive too, one that would make it grow to fit the size of the passenger or contents. ”If you want to, I will just have to ask dad and Iris” he said. He was proud of the jeep, there was still some things that needed work, but they were more minor things, more for optimizing than getting to work.

"That make sense" she looked up, "Some muggelsborn can accept, it's amazing sometimes how they can be accepting. Probably when they get older they would have to out of respect of you're father" because the ones at school had a very hard time of showing her any of it. Briar and Minoas and maybe Sapphire were the friendliest, everyone else just seem to not care to make friends with hers. She didn't care anyways, why would she need any of their approval? They weren't the best of classmates anyways, each and one of them she thought weren't all that great. "Bummer, Orion doesn't sounds much of an interesting school, but at least you have a chance of going, I think I've heard about that school too. Mom says it was an all boy school but they may have changed that already" she didn't know and she didn't care to wander. Madlyn attention was already on the fact that he asked to take her for a ride in a jeep vehicle.

"Oh yeah of course, I mean I will have to ask my mom" she was already standing up walking to the green house. She hid a smile away from Chayton, she didn't want him to see that he was making her day kind of fun. She never been in a vehicle before with a boy, so for her it's like first time for everything sort of moment. She knocked at the door of the greenhouse, "Mom I'm going with Chayton, around for a drive" she hadn't an idea if he followed or not, she had her faced cast down, because then she give her mom the satisfaction that this had been a wonderful trip. She kicked the dirt in front of her, what was really going on with her? Chayton was brand new, he was something of an interest. Madlyn wanted to get to know him completely, plus he loved muggel things. Madlyn loved muggel things, gadgets and sorts. Suddenly her plan to enter the muggel world open just a tad for her, she was still stuck on being a dragon keeper, but still if the chance was there she wanted to make sure it was there for her always. "Yes sure, just be careful you two!" Iris replied brushing Madlyn right arm. Madlyn turn around Chayton had been right behind her, she almost bump into him. "Oh crap, sorry! Sorry! My mom said yes..."

chayton thought he could hear Madlyn relaxing a little. "I guess once they realise that magic is real some muggle bornes just get used to accepting everything that comes with it." he said also feeling a little more comfortable, so much so that he didnt seem to be mumbling that much. "that's right, It's an all boys school up north, I think the girls go to Salem witches institute" he said. though he wasn't sure about that he knew there was a salem institute, but wasn't sure if it was all girls or co-ed. he risked a glance at her after he suggested going in the jeep and he was glad to see that she was actually smiling. this made him blush again, the heat spreading further around the his neck than before. he looked away glad that she had already got up and started making her way to the greenhouse. he picked up the mugs and placed them on the table so no one (mainly him) would walk on them. he then followed the girls path to the greenhouse to let his dad know.
chay had not taken anyone else out in it before, he had driven it many times, the first times it hadn't got much further than the door before it needed to have something worked on it, but now it was running great. he had also been passenger whilst Harry drove but he had never driven someone else. he had just reached the greenhouse when madlyn turned around almost into him. thankfully they didn't collide, he didn't fancy the parents seeing them walk into each other. "Dad, I am just taking Madlyn for a spin in the jeep" he said hearing his dads reply "alright, just drive carefully, and get back before dinner" came his fathers reply. Chayton smiled as he gestured to the other outhouse "It;s in there" he said making his way over there, his long legs quickly covering the distance. once he reached the door he took his wand and tapped the key hole saying the pass code. the door clicked unlocked and started to open. inside was his workshop with a mix of tools from saws to screwdrivers, in the middle of the floor was an old looking jeep "she may not be the best looking car at the moment, but she does run, and once i have tuned it i will clean it up" he said talking about the car lightly touching the bonnet as he as he walked around it to opened the passenger door for the girl. I just hope the charms will hold the both of us he thought there were stretching spells on each of the front seats so that he could fit in comfortably, but he had never had need for both of them to be used at once. "when your ready" he said smiling slightly, as he held the door.

Madlyn had followed behind, he seemed uppity now that she took a great interest in driving around with him. He open the barn doors, or the gates to where the vehicle was parked inside. It looked much like a truck, but it wasn't. "It's not a problem, I don't mind how it looks as long as it runs, right?" Madlyn walked over and enter the truck. She was pushed further inside, the charm stretched furthest so she sat comfortable. "Thank you!" she's used magic to travel all the time, this was new, on the count they couldn't use a flying car to get around from country to country and magic was simply the best solution. Madlyn held her content inside, she was holding it well but her legs would often sway a little. She had to calm her nerves do something, keep herself that much busy. She waited for him to jump in the jeep with her, maybe they could go out somewhere far for a while, like the fall just an hour away from here. It would be a long ride, unless they drive fast enough. "Ready to go Chayton?"

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry it's short and not all great :p

OOCOut of Character:
no problem. it isn't that bad.

Chayton nodded when madlyn said that he as long as it worked it was okay. "yeah, but I want to try and tidy it up a little bit before I go back to school." he said as she got into the car. once she was in comfortably and it seemed the charm had worked he shut the door and headed over to the drivers door trying not to think anything other than where they could go. there was a great lookout not too far away, but some of the recent rain would probably make it hard to get to. he thought about it then thought of where else, there was a waterfall about an hour away, but he didn't think he would be able to get then and back before his dad wanted them home, besides he wasn't sure if there was enough petrol in the tank to get them that far. he got into the drivers seat glad to feel the space around him grow as he got in, it seemed like he needn't have worried about the charms. he but the keys in the ignition and was glad to feel the reassuring hum as the engine came to life beneath him, the car seemed to have the effect of boosting his confidence, and making him more sure of himself, as he knew that he had been the one to fix it from almost scrap, which was enough to give any lone a slight boost of confidence. "anywhere you want to go? or just see where we come to?" he asked her as he put it into gear and eased the car forwards. Once they were out of the garage he stopped and pressed a button on a remote control in the cup holder and watched as the door shut. this wasn't magic, this was mugle electronics, which often worked the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back