Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Demi
Wand
Straight 9 inch springy Willow with unicorn hair core
Lucas was... actually kind of enjoying himself. Ever since the incident over the summer break, his life had been making drastic changes. Cassi had gotten Einar out of jail, and when Cassi had finally learned the truth of Lucas' home life, she'd been outraged. She'd taken him, kept him with her at an Inn in New Zealand while looking for apartments. She hadn't told him where they were going yet. Honestly, he didn't care where they went, he just wanted Einar with them. And now, he was back at school. Without his brothers. For the first time... well, ever, he felt... free. He had been growing his hair out a little, no longer worried his brothers could grab it. It was a little in the way, but he liked it. He ruffled it unthinkingly as he walked around outside, finding himself in the gardens.

He hesitated, taking a moment to really look around. He had never spent much time outside, if he wasn't with the team he liked to hide in the dorms out of his brothers' reach. He spent a little while wandering around, enjoying all the flowers. After a bit, he found that there was a very pretty rose bush next to a small tree. He folded his long limbs to the ground, spending a bit of time admiring the plant. An idea struck him, and carefully, he looked over the bush until he found a small bloom. The pedals were soft, a deep crimson. The flower must have just bloomed in the past few days. He bit his lip, very carefully removing the flower from the bush. he smiled softly, holding the delicate flower by the stem and brushing a finger gently over it's pedals.

Einar had been isolating himself a little, the summer had been good in some regards but hadn’t helped him too much. He felt reassured by Lucas no longer having to deal with his brothers, or his family. He had known that Cassi would step in, she was nice and kind and would’ve been silly to not. It didn’t matter what might’ve happened in the past with her but she cared about Lucas so of course would’ve helped him. Einar on the other had, well he’d been helped but part of him knew that it was only temporary. He didn’t want Cassi to take him in, he didn’t need to ruin and get in the middle of that with Cassi. It didn’t help that he knew in the midst of the rest of his turbulent emotions he was sure he half crushed on his best friend, and he’d rather not have to be his adoptive cousin or brother. Even if he wasn’t sure of the feelings or if they were maybe just because Lucas was the only person he had left the only kindness he had. Einar hadn’t bothered with the team again, he knew Lucas had managed to keep his position that he might’ve but, flying always reminded him of his mother and he was trying to not think about that. His passion for the sport had been diminishing for a while, and rather than drag it out and grow to hate it, he’d just quit. It just wasn’t anything to do with the rest of his interests and passions suddenly being boring and dull. Einar had been spending a lot of time in bed, in his dorm, he just felt tired, his therapist was blaming teenage hormones but he wasn’t so sure. Einar was just resolved to believing he was just having a bit of a hard time and his body needed more rest.

Einar was trying to find some motivation, he’d come outside, hoping the fresh air, the late summer warmth and the grounds would inspire him to draw something. Would inspire anything. He was moving through the grounds, it was nice, perhaps he should get out more, do more than the bare minimum in a day. He also in doing this spotting Lucas, in the gardens. Given this was his only friend he began walking over. He stopped a little way from him, noting the way Lucas seemed lighter...happier..he didn’t need him. Perhaps it would be better to give him space, he knew he was such a drag, such a downer. Maybe he should go back to the dorm..wait for him there. But no, Lucas was his friend, and Lucas liked him. He cleared his throat lightly. ”Hey Lucas,” he greeted.

Lucas looked up when he heard a familiar voice. His entire face lit up and Lucas carefully got to his feet, careful not to trip over his too-long limbs. "Einar, hi, hey," Lucas felt the sudden heat in his cheeks but he brushed it off. He walked over to his friend, smiling warmly. "I was about to bring this to you, but you're here so," Lucas laughed lightly, extending out his hands with the rose resting in his palms. "Isn't it pretty? I don't know, maybe I'm silly, I just- I saw it, and I wanted you to have it," he smiled shyly at Einar.

Einar gave a weak smile as Lucas looked at him. Einar looked down at what he was handing him and gave a little once again weak smile. ”It’s nice,” he agreed looking back at him as he took it. ”I’ll draw it,” he then said, he motioned for them to sit, under the shade of the tree, and he took out his drawing things. He hadn’t had much of aidea of to draw but now he did. He could draw the rose. He wouldn’t be able to do the colour any justice, he liked drawing with charcoal. Einar knew it would be better than nothing and then they wouldn’t go outside and he was practically doing two things - being social and doing one of his hobbies.

Lucas smiled, following after Einar easily. He settled down as close as he could to the other boy- not quite touching, but close enough. He was always happiest around Einar, and even though Lucas just wanted to pull Einar into his lap and cuddle and hold him forever, he held back, used to the lack of touch. "Hey, I wanted to ask you something," he started, peeking over to the other boy a little nervously. "Aunt Cassi has been asking me where I want to live now." He started slowly, biting his lip. "I... I was wanting... To get an apartment or something.... In Alaska. Near you." Lucas looked away, blushing. "But if I did I'd want to spend as much time with you as I could, I don't like being apart..." He admitted shyly, pulling his long legs to his chest. "Do you want me to? I don't want to push..."

Einar reached into his bag and took out his sketchbook, his pencil and held them lightly, looking at the rose before up at Lucas, he didn’t know where to begin on his drawing and wasn’t sure he even really wanted to. He’d gotten to this point but he knew whatever he drew was going to be awful. The distraction was welcome. He was a little surprised that Lucas wanted to live in alaska, it wasn’t the easiest place to live and he thought it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have someone close by. He’d always been isolated but if Lucas and Cassi weren’t too far. He feared a little that Cassi had told Lucas about the conversation they had had while Lucas had slept. ”I wouldn’t mind if you lived near me, I don’t know where I’ll be, but it’ll be in fairbanks, I’m on strict orders that if I leave the town without telling anyone I’ll be in a good amount of trouble,” he gave a weak smile, he didn’t have long to go until he didn’t have to think about it or have to deal with it. ”It would be good to see you during the holiday,”

Lucas smiled, relaxing visibly. "We'll definitely move to Fairbanks then, I'll write aunt Cassi. Do you want us to set you up your own room? We can do that, so you don't have to sleep with me every time you come over," He offered. He was getting excited just thinking about it. "You know, I can just do that, we can set you up a room, I think I know what you like, ooh, or you can just come home with me and we can go shopping, I know you're probably just going to tell me 'oh I don't need it it's okay I'll sleep on the couch or something,'"

Lucas laughed, standing and pacing a bit as he talked. "Well you know what, Einar, you can bite me, you deserve to have a nice room! And you said you don't like taking your things everywhere, so you can just keep it at my place. I already asked Aunt Cassi if you could live with us," he grimaced. "She told me the social lady person wouldn't let you, which I think is just stupid, I mean, it would just be so much easier to just have you stay with me!" He rambled, getting worked up as he paced quicker in front of the bench.

Einar gave a little nod, about to say something when Lucas just continued. Despite how low he was feeling, he smiled slightly at Lucas’ rambling, certainly his brother’s not being there had been a weight off his shoulders. That and he knew Lucas wouldn’t have to see them again. Einar just waited till he was done, definitely not meeting his gaze at the last statement but glad that Cassi hadn’t mentioned anything about it being Einar who’d said no. ”I probably won’t be able to stay over to begin with…and I’ll just sleep on the couch,” he didn’t need his own room in a house with a family that wasn’t his. ”I was thinking about getting a job over the next summer, just so I can start saving money for my own place,” he said, he had a whole to go but he knew that he couldn’t keep bouncing so it was perhaps time for him to start saving money to not have to reply on anyone else or rely on the system.

Lucas wasn't surprised when Einar protested. He rolled his eyes, smiling, and sat down next to the other boy. "I do believe I said, bite me," He teased lightly. He wanted to brush Einar's hair back, and he even raised his hand, but he caught himself and diverted, running his hand through his own hair instead. "If it's that important, then you can rent out the room I set up for you. It'll be less expensive anyway. Aunt Cassi says she isn't going to live there, she's getting me an apartment in her name. Since I'm almost old enough to live on my own, she's just going to support me until I can buy the apartment from her anyway." He shrugged. He sat up straighter. "Oh! That's it! We can be roommates!" He was practically bouncing in his seat. "Aunt Cassi said she had to live with roommates for like six years before her career took off enough she could survive on her own." He smiled, looking over to Einar with a sparkle in his eyes.

Einar felt his cheeks blush lightly and looked away from Lucas, he didn’t think it really mattered if he took the room or rented it. His worries that he would ruin the relationship between Cassi and Lucas would remain, the worry that Cassi would want to adopt him and say it in front of Lucas, and Einar didn’t want to be Lucas’ brother. Lucas just kept going and Einar just focused on his hands, on the drawing of the rose that he had still not started. ”It’ll be a couple of years until I can,” he said, he knew that it would be a bit of time before Einar was able to no longer be in care, in theory he was supposed to have it till eighteen, since they were working to muggle ages, but worse than that in his mind, he just didn’t think he could win independence any younger, not after the summer. ”I was going to look at becoming emancipated, but that’s not gonna be possible,” he told him, as if to explain that he wouldn’t be able to join him for a while. ”So, I won’t be able to move in for a while,”

Lucas softened as Einar spoke, this time unable to help reaching over to try and brush Einar's hair back a bit. He pulled his hand back, folding them in his lap and looking away. His heart was beating furiously in his chest, a flush spreading over his skin. "It's okay," he replied gently. "I'll always wait for you," he glanced back over, biting his lip and nudging Einar's sketch pad. "I thought you wanted to draw," he spoke softly, unable to help peeking up at Einar.

He had noticed how sluggish the other boy had been, but he hadn't known what he could do to help. Lucas still struggled with thinking that Einar didn't need him, that Einar wouldn't care if Lucas faded out of his life. He hadn't figured out what he should do. He wanted to be important, he wanted to matter. It was the silliest thing, and he knew it. Lucas had never had anything, not really, and he didn't know why now all he wanted in the world was a shut off orphan that was stubbornly independent and never seemed to need anyone.

Einar didn’t look at Lucas as he spoke. He nodded lightly. He had the pencil in his hand and was almost touching the paper but he couldn’t get himself to draw a single line. He wouldn’t do anything good, so what was the point in trying anything. He frowned slightly at Lucas and shrugged, ”I’m just trying to decide how to start,” he lied. He didn’t want to draw any more, he felt tired and the conversation about Lucas and his home, the reminder of his future break was enough to put Einar in a more sour mood. ”But I think I might go back to the dorm. There’s too much light here to be able to draw,” he said.

Lucas's heart dropped a little as he watched Einar. Even after all this time, Lucas couldn't help but feel like there was this... chasm between them that he just couldn't seem to cross. He smiled softly, folding his hands in his lap. "Alright, if that's what you want," he agreed easily. "Can I come with you?" he asked, trying to catch Einar's eye. "I can bring some snacks along," he offered.

Einar looked at Lucas, ”I wouldn’t mind but you don’t have to. I know you were enjoying being outside and free of your brothers, you don’t have to join me,” he told him. He wanted his friend to be able to be happy and do things he wanted. He didn’t want to do those things wasn’t interested in doing such things. He didn’t know why, his motivation had been low for a while, but it had plummeted after the summer he’d had. He just didn’t want Lucas to know about it because he could tell his friend was happy and free for once and he didn’t want to take that from him.

Lucas smiled softly and shook his head. "I was just looking around a bit, Einar," he reassured his friend, his fingers twitching as he ignored the urge to hold Einar's hand. "I haven't seen you as much lately, I miss you," he spoke softly, looking to his best friend with a quiet longing. "We can go back to the dorms, maybe lay out in one of our beds? I can pull out my paints again, or there's a book I was wanting to read, we can curl up under the covers and I can read to you while you draw," he offered, liking his second offer better.

Einar stood back up. He took the flower that Lucas had given him and just nodded. ”Let’s just go to the dorm,” he said, not necessarily agreeing to all of what had been suggested but not disagreeing with it either. He looked to make sure that Lucas was following him before he headed back inside. He’d tried the outdoors it just hadn’t been for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back