Soccer?

Jake Storm

OOC First Name
Maia
Jake was listening to his music, his mother had insisted they go out for a meal together, and so they were, but she was making him get dressed early, which meant he had to stay clean. This wasn't so much a problem, as annoying, since Jake liked to run and be active, his day was basically ruined, because he would have to stay still. He had tried watching TV, but none of it was in English. He sighed as the song changed, wishing her were somewhere else. He decided to go for a walk, his i-pod's earplugs in his ears. He saw a group of kids maybe a bit younger than him up ahead. He turned to avoid them. He had decided to try and stay out of trouble, for his Mom's sake. She had done so much for him, and though he wasn't too great for showing it-he did love her. He watched some guys who were playing soccer, he so wanted to join them, but they weren't up to much. There were one or two good players, but the others were bringing them down. He knew watching them would just make him want to do something even more, so he began to walk away

James was utterly bored. He had nothing to do and it was in those moments that he felt truly sad about everything. What with his mother leaving him alone for another boyfriend, and his dad dying, it was hard for him to think of something nice. He had been watching some football for a while when one boy came up and asked him if he wanted to play. He nodded, for he liked football enough and started playing. He was fairly good at it, but there were better players. Managing to tackle the ball of a boy, he sprinted down the pitch with it and scored a goal. He smiled at his team as they came over, and saw a girl watching him. Deciding not to get too hot and tired playing, he decided to stop and walked over to get a drink. He smiled at the girl who looked about his age, but she just walked off with a gang of friends. Sighing, he shrugged and took a deep cool drink of water. Feeling the familiar sensation trickle down his throat, he smiled and carried on drinking as he saw an older boy walking away. He meant to go back to the game, and decided he would, but he couldn't help looking at the boy. He felt that he wanted to talk to him, that this boy would be able to understand, but he didn't have a reason to go over there. Suddenly, the football went past him and landed by the guy. Smiling as fate had turned to him, he jogged over and picked up the ball. "Sorry." He said, feeling bad for disrupting the boys thoughts. Throwing the ball back to the pitch, he smiled at him and wondered if they could talk.

Jake turned around at the sound of footsteps. A boy, maybe a few younger than him was running after the ball, from the soccer game he'd watched earlier. Jake smiled as the guy threw it back to the game, maybe now he'd have someone to talk to? "No problem Man." he replied, to the boy's apology. He didn't know why he was apologising, but it seemed like the right thing to say. "Jake Storm." he introduced himself, extending his right hand.

"You from around here?" he asked, turning to face the guy. "I'm a New Yorker, myself, here on holiday." he explained, guessing that his accent might give him away as a "foreigner." He kicked a stone on the ground, hitting it against the corner stone of a wall. "You play?" he asked, gesturing toward the soccer pitch, where the others had resumed their game.

James smiled at the friendly greeting that he had received. He hadn't had too many of those until he had 'proved himself', which of course he did just to make friends. Friends were what he needed right now, until he returned to school. He had been let off school for the beginning few weeks to go to his dads funeral and sort his life out, but soon he would be back in the Durmstrang corridors causing trouble and mayhem like always with his trusty mates. "James." He greeted, shaking the extended hand. "No, i am from England, but i go to Durmstrang. Im staying with my grandmother. Not my choice though." He added, knowing that this comment normally ended up with people laughing at him even though it wasn't his fault that his dad had died and his mum had run off with another guy. His grandmother had been the only person to accept him, as she was the only family he now had who was magical. He liked her fair enough, but he would rather still be with his dad and at home in France where they used to live. "I used to live in France though." He explained. Even though he was English, he spoke French fluently having lived there for most of his life. "Only a little." He said, shrugging. He used to play a lot, with his dad who was his hero, but now, it was only randomly. He used to do things, he used to flirt with girls, he used to have a life. He thought bitterly to himself. He nodded, realising that it explained the accent, one that he now started to like.

The boy seemed kind of unsure of himself. Jake shook his hand, wondering what had happened, he didn't seem too happy. "Ahh, Durmstrang-that's the wizarding school here isn't it? I'm home-schooled, though my Mom said I could maybe transfer next year." he smiled, he still hadn't decided what school he'd like to go to, he'd met a few people from Durmstrang now, so he might go there. He didn't say anything about him living with his Grandmother, he lived with his Mother, alone, he was no better, anyway, who cared where you lived-it's who you were that mattered. Jake still missed his Father, by now a distant memory. He had never known him, but he remembered little pieces of him, how he used to smell of tobacco, and peppermint. How he taught Jake to play soccer, in their back yard. Life had been good, he remembered that, but then he'd died, and it was over. Still, things were good. He had his Mom, who adored him, and he had lots of friends, well not close friends, but friends. "Cool, what was it like there?" he asked, interested. He had been to a few countries now, France had been one of his favourites. "I play a lot back home, but the kids here don't seem to like me." Jake shrugged, smiling non-chalently. It didn't bother him that they didn't like him, haters were wasters. "Though I have noticed that the girls here are quite good-looking." he joked, laughing.

James smiled at Jake. He made him feel confident in a sensible way though. "Yeh, its a great school especially if you have a liking for the dark arts." He added, wondering what sort of character Jake was. James himself had a liking of the dark arts, but wasn't addicted to it like other people whom he knew. He also knew that it HNZ, they studied Defence Against the Dark Arts, which he thought was an absolute joke. "In France? It was great, but i can't really describe it." He added, unsure what the question really meant. He loved France, but he wasn't sure that he would ever view it in the way that others did. "They are quite picky really. And i have to agree on the girls. Especially the half-veelas." He added, thinking of how beautiful that trait made the girls. Even just knowing that they were half-veelas seemed to enhance their beauty.

"Cool, but I don't really go for that dark stuff-you know?" he smiled, though he knew that his Mom was worried about his wanting to go to Durmstrang. She felt he might be led in "the wrong direction." He didn't want to go to Hogwarts New Zealand, because it was too far away and Beauxbatons-not his scene, though all the girls might be good. "Yeah, I've been there, but my Mom wanted to do all the really touristy stuff, so it wasn't too great." he eplied, smiling at the memory of his Mother running around from sight to sight, wanting to make sure they saw everything. "Yeah, I've met a few so far. How are they in Durmstrang?" he asked, grinning. They probably sounded like idiots, having this conversation, but it was fun, anyway-he was sure girls had conversations like this, sometimes.

James smiled and shrugged. The dark arts didn't excite him much either but he studied them none-the-less. He didn't mind what people said about it all, for he wasn't as passionate about it all and therefore just didn't mind. "They are pretty at Durmstrang, but there aren't that many of them. There are more at Beauxbatons. They are really pretty." He laughed, finding their conversation funny and random, but still a good conversation. "Where did you go with your mum then?" He thought that if he had just looked at the tourist stuff, he would probably have been deprived of the good sights.

Jake still wasn't sure about Durmstrang, but he'd met some kids who went there and they seemed okay. "So what's it like?-Durmstrang I mean." Jake asked, curious. He wanted as much information on his possible school as he could get. "Yeah, I've met a few girls from Beauxbatons." Jake replied, thinking of Amy and Nathalie. This kid was fun to talk to and Jake liked him. "You know, Eiffel tower, Champs Elysees, the louvre-stuff like that." Jake replied, they had in fact visited the Louvre more than once, his Mom loved the art.

James smiled. "Well as you know, they study the dark arts. In the older years, you breed Basilisks and dangerous creatures but in my years so far, we have basically looked at dangerous and harmful potions. In a way, for someone who is interested more in becoming an auror, it is probably better because you learn how to control all of the things instead of just use them." He explained, trying to put into words what he really thought of the dark arts. "But the school is nice. There are loads of secret passages and different entrances that people keep discovering. I like it there, and i have my friends. Between lessons, there are normally duels that go on between the lessons. So i would watch out and keep quiet if you know what i mean." He explained, having walked past the hospital room before and found the beds full after a quite nasty duel. "Which ones have you met?" He asked, knowing a few of them himself who would probably be around. "Ok then. But you haven't really seen the proper life in Paris then." He said with a smile.

"Yeah, that sounds good, I've always been interested in learning more about the dark side of things, my Dad was an auror, before he died-I'd kind of like to follow in his footsteps." he replied, his Mom had told him story after story about his Father's work. "Ahh, now that could be a problem, I tend to get in enough fist-fights, let alone duels." Jake laughed, in fact he hadn't known any wizards to have a duel with back in America. He liked the sound of Durmstrang, he could see himself being happy there. "Um, a girl called Amy Johnson and Nathalie Blanchard." Jake smiled, he liked both girls, they were good friends. "I know, Mom said we might go again next year." Jake smiled, he was in fact-looking forward to it.

James smiled. "Wow, an auror. There aren't many budding ones of them at Durmstrang. I just wouldn't mention it very much, as some people won't take kindly to hearing that sort of thing." He said, only repeating what he had heard, not really talking from experience, like he knew some of the older students did and could. "You get in fist fights then?" He asked, wondering why people would do that. Some girls thought that it was brave but James just thought it was stupid, unless in self-defence. "Amelia Johnson. A 6th year right?" He asked, wondering if he had gotten the correct one. "I haven't heard of the other one, but i have heard of Amelia." He said, remembering the big commotion that had happened a few years back with her and a boy from their school. Most people knew about it, but he wouldn't mention it for fear of the older cousin, Jack. "Well if you do go again, make sure you see proper Paris, and not just the tourist side." He said, smiling at the boy as he handed out his best tips.

"I know, some others have mentioned that, but I think I'll be okay." he smiled, he knew it would be a bad if they knew why he had decided on durmstrang, but he was smart enough not to mention. "Yeah, sure, luckily I'm pretty strong, so I don't lose too much." he replied, casually-he didn't see why it was a big deal. "If people don't like me, they tend to talk with their fists." he added, hoping that James didn't think he was a fist-happy idiot. "Yeah, that's the one-she's pretty cool." he smiled. "Yeah? Wonder why." Jake replied, there was probably a reason, but he didn't want to pry, so moving the conversation forward, he asked. "So, what brings you here?" he asked, wondwering why James wasn't in school. "Yeah, I will." Jake smiled, already looking forward to his next visit.

James smiled at this guys sense. He seemed to be pretty clued on to the goings on in Durmstrang. He smiled at the response about Amelia Johnson. "Well most people at Durmstrang know who she is. But i wouldn't mention her around, because there might be more than a fist fight that you could get into." He said with a smirk, remembering how Amy's cousin Jack had put a guy in St Mungo's for something to do with her. He laughed again and then sighed inwardly with the question. "Me? Well i am supposed to be in school, but im staying with my gran at the moment. My dad died a few weeks ago, and then my mum decided to run off with another guy, her boyfriend. She wouldn't take me with her. Well, i wouldn't go even if she would. So i was dumped with the last member of my family, my gran." He said with a sigh, not bothered that he was spilling his life story out to a random guy that he had just met. He didn't mind any more who knew, why should he?

"Hmm, that's weird-she seemed cool." he frowned, not sure what to make of this new angle. Jake immediately decided not to let it affect his friendship with Amy. "Sorry Man." Jake replied, patting him on the back. He had never known his Father-not properly, but he knew how hard it was not to have one, the next few weeks could be rough on James. He thought it kind of cheap of his Mom to run off with some new guy, weeks after her husband died and leave her son behind. He knew his Mom would never do that-she hadn't gone on a single date since his Dad had died. Still, he wouldn't say that. He would listen as James got whatever was wrong off his chest.

James smiled and shrugged. "Its ok now. It was hard at first, but i have friends. My gran got me time off school, but to be perfectly honest, i think i would prefer time in school. My friends wouldn't let me mope about and i would have something to do." He said with a sigh. It would be really great if he could go back to school, but he wasn't sure when his gran would finally let him. She had been telling him soon for ages, and now he wasn't sure when it would be. He guessed that she wanted him around to get over her son's death, but he didn't want to be around her that much, it just made him more sad. His dad had been his best friend, his mum just another figure in his life. But his dad had been there, taught him how to play football, how to duel, how to do magic. But now he was gone, there was no one to help him. That was what made him sad the most. That there was no one.

Jake smiled, glad that James was getting along with his life, but he knew it would be hard for him in the coming months. "Right, then if you don't wanna mope-what shall we do.?" Jake asked, immediately some ideas sprung to mind. "Race you?" he grinned,immediately setting off, his feet pounding on the ground. His heart immediately beating faster. "He laughed, looking at James and stopped at the top of the hill. "Now, we need more ideas, we can't let boredom win." he grinned,running a hand through his hair. He had decided that James wasn't going to get bored and start to think about things, thus keeping him occupied was Jake's job.

James smirked and shrugged. It seemed that he had managed to tire out most things that could have been done recently. He frowned as Jake began to run, wondering where the target of the race was. Laughing, he set off, a few metres behind Jake. Following him up the hill, he paused at the top, shrugging. "Thats your job then." He added, thinking that whatever he would suggest, would just result in him getting left alone from his new mate. If that happened, he would go back to football yes, but he didn't really want to. Muggles were fun enough, but when it came to interesting things, their minds seemed to be limited. However, they couldn't do magic out of school as they weren't old enough so James sighed, wondering what they could do on the nice day.

"Do they sell butterbeer anywhere near here?" he asked, he was thirsty and he glancing at Jake. "So, we need ideas, hmm, drinking, flirting, and sport?" he asked, wondering what he should say. He knew James was bored, but could come up with anything good to do. He climbed up onto a wall and sat facing the oavement. He glanced back down at James wondering if James would come up.
OOCOut of Character:
Sorry-rubbish post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back