So much to do

Maria Granger

Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Maria walked in the library and made her way to the back where there was a couple of armchairs, a table and a lamp. She made she was alone so she could concentrate and catch up with the billion assignments. She sat down, took out her books and began to read.

Hamza walked into the library with the intention of finishing up an assignment for his Astronomy class. He started to look through the shelves for books related to his topic in Astronomy, and found a few books. He walked to the back of the library where there were comfortable chairs, couches, and study tables. Hamza put his books down on one of the tables and saw that Maria was studying as well in the library. Hamza's last encounter at the lake wasn't the best with her, so he didn't really want to bother with her, but he felt the need to at least greet her. He walked up to her and said, "Hey Maria. I suppose your here to study right?" Hamza then smiled and sat next to her.

Maria was in deep thought when she heard a familiar voice. She looked and saw it was Hamza. ' Hi.....um yes just studying.' Maria replied while pushing her stuff aside on the table to give him some room. ' Im guesin your doin the same.' Maria said with a smile. She wanted to be friendly towards him an not rude like she was at their last meeting.

"Good to see you being serious in your studies." said Hamza. He was pleased to see that Maria was studying and taking her studies seriously. "Yea, I'm here to do the same. I've got to finish up my Astronomy assignment." said Hamza looking at his books. "So, what are you studying there? If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask." said Hamza with a smile. "So, how are things going between you and Max?" said Hamza.

Maria let him look at the book she wa reading ' Ugh potions, toughest subject.' Maria said makig a face. She thought it was nice of him to offer some help. ' Max and I are doing good. We just started dating so there s not much to say. Maria replied. She felt there was nothing more they were both getting along well and so far there were no problems. ' I hear you hve a thing for his ex?' Maria asked

"Yea, potions is a pretty tough subject." said Hamza looking at Maria's books. "It's good to see you and Max are going strong, keep it up." said Hamza with a smile on his face. It was a little weird for Hamza giving advice to his ex. "No, not really. I mean, she is a pretty girl, but no, there's nothing there right now." said Hamza.

When Hamza informed her that him and this other girl were just friends, she was a bit relieved. Maria felt a little odd. ' Im sure you'll find someone.' Maria said trying to be positive.

"I'm not worried about if I'm dating someone or not." said Hamza. Most important right now is Hamza's concentration towards his studies. "I'm more concerned with my studies right now." said Hamza with a smile. "So, what else is going on?" said Hamza.

' I think that's a good decision. As you can witnes here I have fallen wayy behind.' Maria replied with a little laugh. Hamza asked her what else is going on. In all fairness there wasn't a whole lot of new things. ' Not much right now. What about you?' Maria asked. She was surprised by how easy it was still to talk to him. It wasn't uncomfortable or awkward like she had imagined

"Don't worry, you'll catch up soon." said Hamza with a laugh. "If you ever need help, I'm always available, you can find me anytime." said Hamza with a smile. "Well, not much for me either. It's just studies, and just talking to people I guess." said Hamza. "So, have you owled your parent's about Max? If I remember correctly, you were going to." said Hamza. "Max is pretty cool guy." said Hamza with a smile.

'Thanks.' Maria repled when he said she could ask him for help anytime. Hamza asked her if she wrote to her parents. ' I totally forgot to but they re not comingto visit anymore so it doesn't really matter.' Maria replied while looking down and closing her book. ' Im glad you like Max.' Maria finished

Hamza was surprised to hear that her parent's aren't coming to visit her. "Oh, why aren't your parent's coming to visit you?" said Hamza. "Where will you go once a year is over?" said Hamza. Hamza wondered if Maria had a place to stay or not.

' My brother told me tht their clinic has really taken off and they re really busy. I ll go home once the year's over.' Maria replied. She was a bit frustrated in te eginnin but now she was used to it. ' Dont worry about it I ll be fine.' Maria put in

"Good to see that your family business is doing well." said Hamza. "But still, that's not good enough of a reason to not see a child." said Hamza. Hamza believed that children were to be placed over anything and were the first priority in life. "So, I suppose you'll probably be going with Max to his place?" said Hamza.

' I don't mind.' Maria said with a little smile even though she was hurt. Hamza asked her if she would go with Max. ' I don't think I should go. I mean we ve not been dating very long.' Maria said. She put her book on the table

"You know what Maria, your a very strong girl." said Hamza patting Maria in the back. Hamza was impressed how strong she was at will. "So where are you going to go then? You can come with me to the muggle world if you want." said Hamza. Hamza knew that Maria and him were pretty close since they dated before, but he wasn't sure if Maria still had any feelings for him.

Maria smiled when he said she was strong. That ability had developed itself. ' Thank you for your offer but I think I ll go stay with my brother and even if I couldn't I don't think Max would have been okay with me going to stay with you.' Maria replied slowly. Even though they were no longer a couple new feelings had started to grow whiich Maria could not identify

"Well, at least your thinking about Max and how he would feel." said Hamza looking around the library. Hamza just couldn't point his finger, but he was starting to get some feelings for Maria again. "I know we aren't dating anymore, but I don't want you to get the feeling that I don't care for you. Dating or not, I'm here for you whenever you need me." said Hamza putting his hand on Maria's hand. "There's nothing that satisfies me the most than seeing someone else happy." said Hamza. Hamza was saying all of this from his heart.

' I know that and I want you to know the same thing. We were friends before a couple and that's still there.' Maria replied. Hamza put his hand on hers which she did not expect. But after some time it was still on hers so she lifted her hand and pretended to fix her earring. ' Whats happening?' She thought

"I'm glad you think that we are still good friends." said Hamza with a smile. Hamza was relieved that Maria still thought of him as her friend, which mean't a lot to Hamza. He thought that he wasn't totally abandoned by her. "Well, I hope things work out for the best between you and Max." said Hamza. Hamza was getting more feelings inside as it hurt him in his heart to say every sentence. Hamza started to wonder why he was feeling this way. He wasn't dating Maria anymore, nor did he want to interfere with Maria and Max's relationship, that wasn't his character at all. "What's going on Maria? I mean, what's happening to us?" said Hamza looking into Maria's eyes.

Maria shot up to look at him. ' Hamza..... what do you mean? I mean we re friends.' she said. She was surprised by the fact that he asked her the question straight up bit then again Hamza was never to hold back anythig. After that it was hard to look at him in the eyes so she started fumbling with her parchment.

Hamza started to them hide his feelings. "Yea.." Hamza took a small pause and said, "Were still friends, nothing more." Hamza then smiled at Maria. Hamza then started to notice that Maria was fumbling with her parchment, so Hamza put his hand on the parchment and said, "Calm down, if I am bothering you, I can leave if you want?" Hamza then smiled.

' Hamza are you hiding something from me?' Maria asked. She too noticed that she was really messing around with the parchment so she rolled it up and placed it in her bag. She looked at Hamza then said ' Im fine, your not bothering me.'

Hamza really didn't want to say anything more to Maria as it may cause he to change her attitude against him. "No, I'm not hiding anything." said Hamza looking away from Maria. "Ok, if you need help with the homework, let me know." said Hamza with a half smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back