So long, farewell

Melodie Lowe

OOC First Name
Britt
Wand
Butternut, 12 ½", Wood Rose
Melodie sighed as she placed her last item in a box. She looked around the room she once called hers, she was going to miss it. As she sealed up the box, she pulled from it a small photo album. Inside were photos of the family since Melodie was just a baby. The photo album was so special to Melodie and she knew she would treasure it forever. She flipped through pages of herself and Abathyn as babies, photos of herself and Izaak, dressed up and playing games. She finally came to a photo of Abby and herself, standing outside her grandmother's house, huge grins on their faces. Melodie could still vividly remember that day, Abby had come to stay with Melodie and Grandmother Lowe for a fortnight over school break. It had been one of the best times of her life.

Melodie sealed up the box and wandered into the living room, holding her now even more swollen belly. "Well, I'm all done" she said to Abathyn looking across at her rocking little Laani to sleep. Her eyes crossed to little Jaimee, fast asleep in her playpen. She moved over to Abby and hugged her, and Laani, breathing in the smell of Abathyn's perfume. She was going to miss her so much. She knew it was for the best, but she couldn't help wishing Abathyn would still be with her. "Promise you'll come visit every weekend" Melodie said in a stern voice to Abathyn, moving away from her as the hug ended. "And I promise I'll call you the minute I go into labour" she said smiling down on her belly. She wrapped her cardi around her a little more tightly, making her feel more secure.

Abby was going to miss her cousin. It had been a year since the young girl had come to live with her, a year since everything had happened. Yet so much had happened in the past year too. Abathyn knew that she'd be going into hiding once Mel left, and was all stocked up. But it was weird; in the past year Abby had become more social, more willing to head into Obsidian just for icecream and a talk.

Despite Mel leaving, Abby knew that the cave wouldn't be quiet. Sia was coming to live with her, and there was still Laani and Jaimee to chase after. And Maddiie, she'd be visiting too.

"Of course I'll visit..." Abby's smiling voice faltered as she realized that Melodie was leaving. She shook her head sadly. "Look after Izaak, have fun!" Abby smiled reassuringly, hoping everything was gonna be okay. "You'd better go. Bye..."

Things were gonna be different now.

Melodie's smile began to drop as she looked around the cave, the place she had called home for a year now. The place she was going to have to leave, but would never forget. So much had happened in this cave, babies were born, tears were shed, wedding dresses were sewn, but most of all friends and family had come together. A small tear ran down her cheek as Abathyn acknowledged that Melodie had better go now. They had promised eachother it wouldn't be a sad and lengthy goodbye, for their own good. Melodie reached into her duffel bag and pulled out two white envelopes. "I'm going to miss you Abby. Will you give this to mum and dad?" she asked, passing the first envelope over to Abathyn "And this is for Sia" she continued, handing the second envelope over. Melodie knew that by leaving now she was leaving alot of questions unanswered. In her lettera she had tried to explain to her family about the wedding and the twins. She had included the address to her new apartment, right next to Izaak's.

The one thing Melodie regretted was that she hadn't forgiven her family for what they had done to her. But she knew she wasn't ready yet. After all she had been through, all those years wishing for her mother to hold her, wanting her father to tell her everything was going to be ok. But Melodie didn't want either of those things anymore. She was going to have her own family in only a few months, and she was going to stand by her boys. Melodie was so grateful for everything Abathyn had done for her, and truth be told Melodie didn't want to leave Abathyn. "Of course I'll look after Izaak, but I suspect it will be th other way around" Melodie chuckled. "I'll send you OWLs" Melodie promised as she squeezed Abby's hand and then made her way to the door where Izaak was waiting to pack her boxes away for the trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back