Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Curly 15 1/2 Inch Rigid Vine Wand with Doxy Wing Core
((Open after Kaye))

Jenna quite distinctly enjoyed having the run of the castle without risk of running into her brother, she had decided. Nothing else to be said on the matter, this was an excellent turn of events, as far as she was concerned. She had always spent a lot of her time out and around the school, enjoying the importance she held over her classmates, and now was no different. She squared her shoulders as she walked down the halls, eyes on her schoolmates as she passed them. Some got looks of disregard or disdain, others got Jenna's smoothest, fakest smile. The more connections she could make, the better. The more people she could remind of her status, the better. The sight of one of her roommates brought about one of the nastiest looks Jenna had managed all day. As far as she was concerned, the only roommate she had who was worth anything at all was Natalia, and the rest of them could go ahead and rot. Once she was sure Lucie had seen the nasty look though, Jenna quickly converted it into a smooth smile as she approached. "Lucie! Oh my god, hi!" She beamed, crossing the hall to meet the other girl. "I love what you've done with your hair today! You're so brave to put so little effort into your looks, I know I could never stand to leave the dorm looking like that. Super courageous." Jenna flashed a brilliant smile, betraying the genuine glee she felt at a well-crafted backhanded compliment. They were her favourite weapon against those who were lesser than her, and she wasn't afraid to use them.

Lucie had been lucky so far to avoid any drama during the start of the year. She just kept her mind on quidditch and her studies, and avoided her peers as much as possible. She had just finished quidditch practice and was freshly showered and heading up to the library so she could get started on her Transfiguration essay. She had her textbook and her writing equipment packed neatly into her backpack so she could just get started on it quickly and get it out of the way. As she walked through the third floor, she was stopped however as Jenna spoke to her. Out of everyone she shared a dormitory with, she hated Jenna the most, and she wasn't going to hide this fact. The back-hand compliment made the Slytherin roll her eyes. "Thanks. I'm definitely braver than you." she said, smiling sarcastically as she remembered the moment in her first year when Jenna couldn't even handle the presence of a small bird. "What can I do for you Jenna?" She knew Jenna probably wouldn't talk to her if she didn't want anything.

Jenna hadn't expected Lucie to have such a backbone, and she pouted at the girl's comment, quickly assuming the position of wounded roomie. "Wow, what did I even do to you? I just tried to give you a compliment and you're being so rude!" She said, voice raising slightly in the hopes of attracting attention. "I was trying to be nice, like a good friend, but I guess you're just a bully." Jenna said more firmly, giving Lucie a challenging look. "I've got no room for bullies in my life, Lucie. Why don't you try being nicer to people?"

Lucie rolled her eyes as Jenna's reaction was exactly how she expected. There was no way Jenna was going to brush off what she said, and Lucie just hoped that soon enough the girl would go away if she could annoy her. "No offence, but that backhanded compliment was barely a compliment. If anyone is being a bully it's you." she said matter-of-factly, somehow hoping she could make this girl cry if she tried hard enough. It would definitely be amusing to watch her cry. "If you want to be a good friend, perhaps suggest ways to help me rather than try to make me feel insecure." Lucie barely felt insecure, but that was mainly because she never cared what others thought and preferred working on her own. She just wanted to put the brat in her place.

Jenna let her face fall even further, voice louder as she responded in the hopes of attracting attention. "I don't even know what you mean! I gave you a compliment and you insulted me, like, I can't even be nice without getting attacked?" She said, shock and pain clear in her voice. Lucie's next statement only gave her more fuel, and Jenna exaggerated her pout at that. "My mum always said it's rude to offer fashion advice if someone didn't ask for it." She lied, keeping her tone sincere. "If you wanted my help you could ask, but I'm not gonna go around telling people how to dress if they haven't asked." She insisted, although telling people how to dress when they hadn't asked was by far her favourite hobby.

Lucie simply let Jenna go as she began carrying on as if Lucie had offended all of her ancestors. It was quite funny to watch in Lucie's opinion anyway, and she wondered how long she could keep this going for. "You did in fact mean to insult me. How would you like it if I said that you were brave going out of the dorm looking like that?" she said matter-of-factly. "Stop pretending that you're in the right." She scoffed, folding her arms across her chest. Despite this, she was having fun with it. "Tell me though, what do you get out of it? What do you get out of purposely being mean to others without them having done anything to you? Clearly you're just jealous of me." She flicked her hair behind her shoulders, knowing that definitely was the case. After all, she was sure many more people liked her over Jenna.

Jenna snorted with laughter at Lucie's question. "Well, I would thank you for the compliment, obviously. I am brave, looking this fabulous all the time. You obviously have no idea what it's like looking so good that people stop you in the halls just to compliment you. It's like, I get no privacy because people are always telling me how great I look. So yes, I am brave, thank you Lucie." She smiled self-righteously, snorting lightly at the girl's next point. "I'm never mean, you're still accusing me of bullying when all I even did was give you a compliment! I'm definitely not jealous of someone as nasty as you though, I would never want to be as mean as you are."

Lucie laughed loudly at everything Jenna said, not willing to take any of it with a grain of salt. She had made her angry, or at least annoyed, and Lucie couldn't be more pleased with herself. She wondered how much further she could take it. "Okay bimbo, you're clearly too oblivious to notice how your backhand compliments aren't nice, so I'm not going to bother trying to convince you." she said with a smirk. She was definitely a little rusty, but she enjoyed standing up for herself. "Wait should I even call you a bimbo? You're not as pretty as they are." She deliberately frowned, not even caring how mean she was being back at her. Jenna definitely deserved it and she was sure that half of the people they shared a dormitory with would agree.

Jenna couldn't hold back the genuine laugh that escaped her at the word bimbo, almost not believing she had heard it. She barely paid attention to anything else Lucie was saying until she used the word again, prompting another loud cackle from Jenna. "Oh my god!" She squealed, covering her mouth quickly to hide her grin. "You're so mean, you're not even hiding that you're CALLING ME NAMES!" She said louder than usual, hoping a Professor or Prefect was nearby to overhear. "You're not even a creative bully, you're just mean! And not even in like, an accurate way, everyone knows I'm the prettiest girl in our year." She said with a derisive snort, certain that she was telling the truth. Kaia and Natalia were kind of pretty, but Jenna knew she had the competition beat hands down.

Lucie was definitely amused by her room mate's reaction. It was fun, and Lucie was unsure whether or not she wanted to stop any time soon. "Oh I'll gladly keep calling you names and I don't care who is listening. I'm sure 90% of everyone would agree with me. Don't act mean and I'll have no reason to call you them. You just do this to yourself." she said, smirking as she folded her arms in front of her. Lucie would not have been mean to Jenna if Jenna just pretended to be nice, but now Lucie was standing up for herself, and she was sure she would have plenty of Jenna's victims behind her. "Prettiest is subjective. You might think you're the prettiest, but it doesn't take an idiot to know that your personality definitely isn't. A spoiled brat like you wouldn't survive in the real world." If one thing was for sure, Lucie couldn't wait to witness Jenna's inevitable downfall.

Jenna rolled her eyes at Lucie's weak remarks, giving the girl a pointed look. "So you're totally fine getting detention for bullying? They might even suspend you from the Quidditch team, though honestly that's doing you a favour." She said with a quirked eyebrow. She snorted as Lucie rambled all kind of nonsense about what made someone "really" pretty, tuning most of it out. "It's so cute that you think you're in a movie, but in the real world, anyone with eyes can tell I'm the prettiest girl in our year. Nobody cares about your personality in the real world, outside like, books for babies."

Lucie smiled and nodded as Jenna asked her if she was fine with getting detention for 'bullying', and chuckled as the girl said she might get kicked off the quidditch team. "Please, I'm one of the best on the team. That's a bit of a harsh punishment just for standing up for myself." Lucie told her, not bothering to fall for one of her tricks again. There was no way Jenna was going to convince her that they would do that. After all, she knew she wasn't doing anything wrong anyway. "Well, clearly you live under a rock Jenna, and I have no time for you anymore. So if you don't mind, I have better things to be doing with my day." With that, Lucie stepped past Jenna to keep heading down the corridor.

Jenna couldn't help a genuine laugh as Lucie bragged about being good at Quidditch. "You say that like it's a good thing. Quidditch is a losers game. But I don't think they like bullies on the team." She snorted, giving Lucie a challenging look. She laughed in disbelief as Lucie moved past her, determined not to let the other girl have the last word. "I'd watch your behaviour, Lucie. Wouldn't want Professor Alicastell hearing what a bully you are." She teased before stalking in the opposite direction with a flick if her hair, assured she had put the other girl in her place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back