Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Curly 11" Flexible Cypress Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Leonardo had been back from his time with his grandfather all of five minutes when he'd gone to do some studying and immediately fallen asleep. Being around his grandfather had been good, but Leonardo had hardly had a moment of peace, there was always something to learn, something to do. Something he needed to have done. Perhaps it was the relative easiness of school compared with his grandfather but Leonardo had found it difficult to keep up and his sleep suffered. So though he'd intended to come to the student lounge, to do some work, he'd found a sofa, sat down and then decided he might be best laying down to read and was dozing lightly, with the book still lightly in his grasp, mere seconds from falling to the ground as he shifted from snoozing to sleeping.

Felix was surprised how easy it was to get back into the flow of things after the holiday. He still missed his dad and Thistle but it was easier now that he had done it once before and because he knew he'd be home again in a few months. But the professors really hadn't gone easy on them and Felix was sure his bag full of books weighed more than him as he hauled it to the student lounge to do some reading. Once he reached a comfy looking seat he let his bag down with a heavy and rather loud thud. He winced before glancing at the sofa and saw Leo had found yet another place to nap. "Wow you're like really good at sleeping in random places." he pointed out, remembering the first time he met his now roommate. But at least a sofa in a cozy student lounge made more sense and made sure to remember this if he was ever tired later. "Don't you sleep at night?" he asked almost alarmed. They shared a room after all. If Leo was walking around all night as a zombie he was sure he would have noticed.

The sound of a heavy thud near him, roused him slowly from sleep. He opened his eyes a little and spotted the offending bag and then the boy with it. He gave a week smile at the almost compliment before rubbing at his eyes with his arm and then slowly moving to sit up. "Didn't get a lot of sleep over the break," he told him before yawning, his voice tired. "I hadn't meant to fall asleep here...I was trying to read," he still had the book in his hand but just closed it over and placed it down as finished moving. "How was your break?" he asked, since they had technically already established how his holiday had been. He also couldn't help the yawn which followed. It was always difficult to wake up from a nap.

Felix gave Leo a worried look. He wasn't what exactly Leo did when he wasn't at school and he wasn't sure he wanted to know. He knew the other boy lived with his grandfather but the rest was a mystery to him. Felix on the other hand had spent a lot of time sleeping. He forgot what it was like to be the only person in the room when he slept and he missed that more than he realized. When the other boy mentioned reading Felix groaned. "Why do professors insist on making us read so much?" he asked with a dramatic whine and flopped into one of the nearby chairs. He shrugged when he was asked about his break. "It was good. Nice to see my dad and little sister. The holidays were fine." he said sounding almost bored. Christmas was always a weird time for his family since it was the time of the year his mom had died. They always tried to compensate for it even if it didn't always help. "Get anything cool for Christmas?" he asked curiously. Knowing Leo if he had gotten something it was probably something weird.

Leonardo shrugged, "It certainly seems like a lot," he did agree, he knew that reading wasn't too bad, but he did wish there was slightly less of it, so he could focus on other things or just have less to ready. He was sure that they'd slowly have more and more to read the older they got, but perhaps it would eventually flip around and they'd have less to read because they were simply learning magic. He nodded as Felix talked about his own family, he knew that Felix had siblings remembered that fact about him from their first meeting. He shook his head at the question, "I didn't get anything. Too old for presents," was all Leo said and there was just a hint of bitterness in his tone, like he didn't quite agree with it. "Did you get something cool?"

Felix was glad Leo seemed to agree with him on the 'too much reading' subject and considered that a victory. He waited to hear the other boy's answer about gifts and was expecting something along the lines of old bones, or a cursed amulet or something. But his head snapped up from where he was dramatically slumped in his arm chair when Leo said he didn't get anything. "Too old for presents?" he asked, shocked. "I didn't think that was possible." he added but it was more of a whisper to himself. If that were true he should have stopped giving his dad gifts years ago. Felix felt weird talking about what he had gotten now knowing Leo hadn't gotten anything. He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Nothing too cool. Mostly clothes but I did get a book about different reptiles and amphibians. It's mostly pictures." he said sheepishly. "Oh and a kit of muggle magic tricks. I already know how to do a lot of them though. Wanna see?" he asked excitedly and stuck his hand in his pocket to find the coin he always carried for situations like this.

Leonardo shrugged at the statement, he didn't want to linger too much on the statement, since it wasn't the most true thing. His grandfather did think him too old for presents, but he would get something if his dad turned up in time, he just hadn't this year. He very rarely did. Leonardo just didn't think his one almost friend would want to hear about that, he knew that his home life wasn't the most typical and he knew he'd rather not go into the details. He listened as Felix listeed what he'd gotten and knew it was a little awkward given Leo hadn't gotten anything but Leo was interested in what he'd gotten. He could admit he was a little jealous. "Yeah sure," he was quite keen to see muggle magic in a place like this. He figured too that Felix would be good at it.

Felix was happy to leave the topic of presents behind and focus on doing some of the tricks he had been learning. "Oh great!" he said excitedly and dove into his bag to pull out a pack of exploding snap cards. They were so old they had lost most of their snap so they were perfect for him to use in tricks. He pulled out at least five cards and made sure he grabbed the trick card that made this whole thing work. "Ok this one is called the magnetic hand." he said excitedly and placed the trick card in his palm first, being extra careful. Slowly he added more cards and made sure to be deliberate with his movements so Leo could follow along. Once Felix added all the cards he flipped his hands over quickly and made sure to act like he was holding them with both hands to keep the cards from falling. A second later he dramatically moved his empty hand away and what was left looked like the cards were magically floating in his hands. "Tada!" he said. "They're floating!" he exclaimed even though the trick was rather obvious.

Last edited:
Leonardo watched as Felix began preforming the magic trick. He had never really seem anyone preform a magic trick, a muggle magic trick at least. The boy had only ever seen magic and that was more normal. Leonardo enjoyed the theatrics of it, and a little smile found its way to his features. He was actually quite impresed by it too. It was a little obvious but it was still cool. "That's...really...cool," he was struggling to find the right words but they were genuine. "Do you know any other tricks?" he asked. Actually quite curious to see if Felix knew any other ones.

Felix kept up the act for a few more seconds and while Leo said it was really cool It was hard to tell when the other boy was actually being serious or not. But considering he managed to smile even a little bit Felix was ready to consider it a win. He felt a little proud when he asked if he knew any more tricks. Usually he only had his siblings to show his tricks to and they weren't always the most captive audience after watching him fail a trick a few dozen times before he'd get it right. "I know loads more." he said excitedly but realized there weren't that many he could pull off in his current situation. Most of the ones he had down involved a lot more props. But he did have a spare galleons in his bag for just a situation like this. "I will make this coin disappear!" he announced as he pulled out the coin. Felix continued with the theatrics and waved the coin in Leo's face before pulling off a quick slight of hand and dropped the coin into his other hand before revealing the one that originally held the coin was empty. He made an amazed face and looked back to Leo to see his reaction.

Leonardo was quite keen to see what this other trick would be, though he could understand if it was a little difficult to do given perhaps the lack of materials. He watched him, the faint air of a smile on his face as Felix showed some theatrics before making the coin disappear. Leonardo was pretty sure he knew where the coin had went, but he gave more of a smile to Felix, it was pretty neat that he could do these things. "Where did you learn to do muggle magic?" he asked a little curious if it was something Felix had been taught or something he'd just taken upon himself to learn. He had never seen any muggle magic, though had of course heard about it. It was just not something he'd seen. he known that a few of the muggle kids in his class had had birthdays with muggle magicians, but those were things that Leonardo was never invited to.

Felix returned Leo's smile tenfold and felt like he had accomplished something. He wasn't sure what he had accomplished but he felt a rush of satisfaction. He nearly beamed when Leo asked him about it. "I taught myself." he said proudly and started to put his cards back into their box. "My dad had a couple of books with some instructions and I just practiced a lot. I wanted to learn magic ever since my sister started school and this was the only way." he explained and of course it wasn't real magic but it still felt exciting and it had kept him busy when every he missed Theia or Sawyer. "I can also juggle!" Felix added quickly. While it wasn't a magic trick it was still something he had taught himself how to do. "But I don't have anything to use for that." he said sadly realizing all he had with him were books.

Leonardo thought it was pretty cool that he had been able to teach himself how to do those tricks and that his dad had supported in it. He thought it was cool. "Wow, that's cool," he said genuinely. He couldn't imagine either his father or his grandfather e ver letting him practice something like that. He wasn't sure his dad would care but his grandfather would. "How many things can you juggle?" he asked, since he wanted to keep learning about this from Felix. He was still smiling slightly as he was asking, it was just interesting to watch and learn about, since Leo would've never been able to learn about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back