Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Kameron
Wand
Knotted 10 Inch Flexible Cedar Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
The day before the Hogwarts Express was supposed to arrive, Avarian had already asked time off from work and stayed home to wait for his daughter to come home for the holidays. Given the experience he had last year, the Ministry employee opted not to go to the platform to meet Avaria. He knew her daughter's personality too well by now and knew that the little Ravenclaw will come straight home and would sneak into the house. The day had finally come and the man was awake early to prepare breakfast in the kitchen. The house was peacefully quiet and Avarian intentionally let the house be enveloped in silence to keep up with the pretense that nobody was home.

Ava skipped up to the front door, humming softly to herself. Papa would just be getting off work. She should have just enough time to make them some food before he got home. She'd been practicing her cooking at school when she remembered. She unlocked the door and hurried inside. She went to her room first, dropping off her bags. She had so much to tell Papa- how Sapphire had a boyfriend, how she and Philip had gone to all the dances together and how he'd put together a picnic before exams. She was especially eager to tell him how she and Kira had won best dressed for the talent show.

Ava was readjusting the bow on her latest painting for her papa as she walked into the kitchen. She hummed happily, hardly noticing her company. She set the painting on the table in her papa's spot, smiling widely as she started to bounce away.

It was then that she turned and saw the man standing in the kitchen already. She jumped, startled, stumbling back and falling onto her rear. "Papa!" She chided him with big blue eyes, pouting. How mean of him to outsmart her! And he was cooking already! No fair! She blew a strand of blond hair out of her eyes.

With the eggs cooking, Avarian heard the door opened and closed. This was soon followed by little feet running upstairs and the thud of the bags. He was trying to hold his laughter so as not to give away his presence to his daughter. Soon enough, Ava entered the kitchen,unaware of the man's presence by the stove. The man saw the painting she had set on his place at the table and could not help but admire her talent, at the same time remember his late wife's love for art too.
Avarian burst out laughing when he was met by blue eyes. Ava's fall even brought out more laughter from the man who had missed his daughter so much. "Good morning,sunshine.",he greeted him, still laughing and did not even mind that Avaria was on the floor. He turned back to the eggs to take them out from the pan. "Set the table, will you?", he asked her as he picked up the plate of bacon to go with the eggs. Once setting them on the table, he flicked his wand which caused the orange juice and his coffee to be served magically.

Ava laughed. "Fine, you cheater." She chided, hopping to her feet and fetching plates. She took her seat at the table, sipping eagerly at her orange juice. "You won't believe the year I had," She told him, munching away happily. "I made loads of friends. Alice Holland is really sweet, then there's Paolo and Zephyr and Sapphire is there, remember her? And Kira and I entered the talent show! She played guitar and I played the piano. We didn't win the show but we won the award for best-dressed act." She grinned, chattering happily. "Philip and I went to the Yule Ball and the Valentine's Dance and I sent him a rose just to find out he's allergic to flowers. I met a boy named Jigoku who's good with Calligraphy and I did okay on my exams, and oh! Philip surprised me with a picnic just before exams and that was fun. Kira invited us to her family Inn for dinner one night if that's okay with you, I have her sister's number." She took a break, swallowing half a glass of orange juice before talking again. "How about you Papa? What have you been doing?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back