Closed Snappy Slogans

Dorian Fitzwilliam

Insert Foot Into Mouth

OOC First Name
Kris
One of the many disagreeable things about being in separate houses from Ezra was having to find places they could actually hang out that wouldn't be swarmed by other students already. He knew Ezra didn't mind when it got busy in the Student Lounge or the Great Hall but Dorian could barely think straight with everyone around them, let alone enough Ezra's company. The North Tower was a compromise, still public enough for them to hang out, but quiet enough that Dorian could read while Ezra did whatever it was he was doing today to keep busy.

Dorian peaked over the top of his book as he heard Ezra shuffling, squinting quizzically as Ezra held up the banner he'd been working on in the background for Dorian's inspection. "Felix Needs No Felix Felicis," he read out dubiously. "Clever but could be better," he decided, turning his attention back to his book. He wasn't exactly invested in what Ezra was working on but considering the likely chances that he was going to get dragged along to the upcoming Quidditch finals to hold up the other side of the banner, Dorian figured he might at least offer his opinion.

Ezra knew that Dorian didn’t like being around people, though he forgot it sometimes. The North Tower had been a kind of strange suggestion to hang out, but it was nice to spend some time with Dorian. Ever since Hufflepuff had beaten Slytherin at the Quidditch match, Ezra had had some hope of his house getting the cup. He wasn’t on the team, but he could still contribute to a win by supporting them properly. He was working on a banner, trying to make sure the letters were on it evenly. He stuck his tongue out of his mouth as he worked on the letters. He held it up for Dorian to see, then sighed at his commentary. “I’m not changing it now.” He said with a sigh. “I spent ages trying to get these letters right and fitting on the thing.” He frowned. “Besides, if you think it could be better why don’t you give a better suggestion?”

Dorian glanced up, watching Ezra over the top of his book, expression wan though he figured Ezra could tell from him that was as good as a smile. "The alliteration is nice," he said after a moment of scrutiny. Honestly, he thought the entire endeavor was a waste of time, but he did enjoy just being in the same space with Ezra as they worked on different things. "Why not go with the old classic, Go Hufflepuff,'" Dorrian offered with a complete lack of enthusiasm. "I think you're over thinking this," he said, looking back at his book to turn a page.

Ezra wished he hadn't asked Dorian for a better suggestion, because his smart friend might actually have one and then he would have to start over. He was actually pretty proud of the way his letters had come out so far, he didn't want to trash it. He glanced at Dorian, then snorted at the Ravenclaw's suggestion. "Go Hufflepuff?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. "Very original, Dorian. I'm just blown away." He said dryly, focusing on the 'e' he was currently painting. "I'm sure that I'd be the only one." He added, scoffing slightly.

Dorian felt the corner of his mouth quirk as he continued reading, glancing up to spare Ezra a raised eyebrow before looking back down. "It's a classic for a reason," he said simply, turning a page. "I'm not particularly worried about impressing you and your fellow Quidditch fans anyway, as you well know," he added dryly. It was enough that he was willingly (at least partly) going along with Ezra to these games. And really that was just because Ezra had thankfully decided not to join the team. "Careful you don't drip that anywhere," he added, moving his foot away from where Ezra was working. He'd had to deal with enough dirt and such on his robes this year from Herbology, he didn't need to add yellow paint to it.

Ezra shrugged. "The goal is for Felix to notice it, he won't if I make it so generic." He commented, trying to sound casual as he worked on the words. He knew Dorian didn't really get it, but he was glad for the boy's company anyway. "I know, but you'll like Quidditch before we graduate. I'll make sure of it." He said idly. He grinned when Dorian warned him about not dripping. "What?" He asked, turning around with an exaggerated movement so his paintbrush would splatter paint nearby. "Why not? Don't you want to support Hufflepuff?" He asked, teasingly waving the brush at him. It dripped on Ezra's own jeans, but he didn't mind.

"And why do we care so much if Felix notices?" Dorian said lightly, not looking up from his book though he lifted an eyebrow knowingly. Would it make him feel better if he could prove Ezra was so into Quidditch lately for another reason outside just enjoying the sport? Maybe. "I wish you luck in your battle of attrition," he said wanly, though he glanced up at Ezra fondly, at least until he started threatening his robes with a paintbrush. "You come near me and I'll jinx you, I won't let our years of friendship hold me back," he warned, scooting back and away from Ezra though his threat was undercut by his failed attempt to hold back a laugh as he scurried away.

Ezra didn't like the question Dorian asked, nor the knowing look on his face. What did he know. "Because he's the star player on Hufflepuff. Everyone wants his attention." Ezra said, aware that he was most definitely blushing. He was eager to take the chance to change the subject, laughing at Dorian's thread. "You wouldn't, you love me!" He said with a grin as he waved the brush at him half-heartedly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back