OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Widow
Wand
Beech Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Pixie Hair
Marleigh was soaking up the reaction from the crowd as she sang her heart out. She didn't think she'd ever get tired of seeing the same club patrons singing the words to her songs that she'd written and sang to them over the last year since she'd booked her regular gig there. Her brown eyes sparkled as the stage lights hit them and she poured her heart out into every last note she sang. Music was the second most important thing in Marleigh's life...Cameron of course was first.

Once the set was over Marleigh took a bow and thanked everyone for coming out to see her play. She wished desperately that one day she'd be good enough to record and album and to have her voice on the radio everywhere...both muggle and magical alike. Still even she knew that she'd miss the feeling that playing in the little hole-in-the-wall joint if that day every happen to come. Packing up her guitar she was already humming a tune that popped into her head, figuring that she'd probably start writing the second she got home. As she was gathering up her things a guy came up and introduced himself.

"I was just wondering if I could get a picture with you. You know that way I can say I got one with you before you were famous," he said with a boyish grin and a wink.

The attention from the opposite sex was still not something that she was getting used to though she'd be lying through her teeth if she said she wasn't flattered. Laughing slightly she replied, "Sure, though I'm not too sure about the whole fame thing."

"Oh trust me you'll be famous one day. You're much too talented and entirely too gorgeous not to get signed on somewhere," he stated as he handed the camera to a random club patron, whom he asked to snap the picture of the two of them. When he had gotten his camera back he looked at Marleigh and said, "I'm Rhys by the way...Rhys Mulligan."

Marleigh smiled as the camera flash went off. "Nice to meet you Rhys. Marleigh Hayes, but I have a feeling you already knew that. I'd probably better get going, but thanks for coming out tonight," she said with a polite smile as she grabbed her case and went to move past the guy.

"Well, hold on for a second. Let me buy you a drink. Just one drink...and it's on me so how can you say no," Rhys stated as he lightly brushed her arm with his fingertips.

Hesitantly Marleigh looked at the guy. One drink surely wouldn't do any harm...it would be the polite thing to do at least. And Cameron wasn't here to pick her up yet that she had seen so sighing slightly she raised an eyebrow and said, "Okay, one drink, but then I have to go." The two headed to the bar where they sat and drank while she kept sneaking glances at the door waiting for Cam to get there.

Cameron Kingsley was dressed in a flannel shirt and old blue jeans as walked into the club that Marleigh had been playing at tonight. He had barely had time to change on his way over from work. There was a new case that he had been putting extra hours in to work on. Cam ran his hand through his shaggy brown hair as his blue eyes surveyed the room for his one and only true love, Marleigh Haynes.

His eyes finally found her over by the bar, with another man about their age. Cameron watched for a moment as he saw a familiar blush creep up on her cheeks that she got when someone was flattering her. His blue eyes flashed dangerously. That man better not be bothering her, he thought as he strode over to her.

Cameron went behind his love and kissed her cheek. "Hello darlin." he said in his southern accent. "How are you? This guy isn't bothering you is he?" Cameron asked protectively.

At first Marleigh grinned when she heard his voice from behind her and he kissed her, but as soon as she heard Cameron's tone her face fell. She hated when he went into his over-protective mode...in fact she found it downright annoying. Sucking in a sharp breath her nostrils flared and she gritted her teeth. Marleigh abruptly stood and grabbed her guitar case before looking at Rhys and saying, "It was a pleasure to meet you and thanks for the drink." Turning to Cameron she glared and said in a hissing manner, "I'm ready to go home now." She didn't even wait for him, instead she took off for the door leaving him to have to catch up.

Cameron watched his girlfriend as she stood suddenly, and thanked the man. Before turning on him, he sensed her mood immediately. Cam glared at the guy she called Rhys as if to say this was his fault. He turned and ran after Marleigh. Cameron caught her just on the other side of the door. "Are you okay dear?" he asked her, with concern filling his voice. The car was just up ahead and it would take them to the house they shared together. Cameron had purchased it after he starting getting a regular pay from the ministry. Cameron studied the face of the most beautiful girl in the world. He knew there had to be a reason she was pissed but he hadn't figured it out just yet.

"Do you always have to assume that every guy that talks to me is bothering me? Ever stop to think that just maybe they're fans who want to talk to me or buy me a drink," she hissed at him through tight lips. "This whole macho boyfriend act is getting old Cameron. I'm not one of your sisters who needs to be protected do you understand that. I can take care of myself." It was true, Marleigh could take care of herself and had for so long before meeting her boyfriend.

Cameron frowned as his girlfriend berated him for being protective. His temper flared at her words. "Marleigh, you aren't one of my sisters but do you think I love you any less? You might think you can take care of yourself but reality is that you are a small, thin female. Any male could easily overpower you physically." he said, his tone angry. Why should she get so upset that he wanted to take care of her? "Its called chivalry. But let me guess, you don't believe in that either." his words bitter.

"Cameron Kingsley I've been taking care of myself for a long time before you came along," Marleigh started, hell's fury raging in her eyes. They just stood there for a moment glaring at each other. This wasn't the first time that he'd pulled a stunt like this and the twenty year old was way past over it. "Oh give me a break. This isn't chivalry...this is you being jealous. And yeah, maybe chivalry is dead. In case you haven't noticed Cam we're not in the south anymore and I'm not your typical southern belle nor do I ever want to be. I'm not dainty and I'm not weak. Small and thin maybe, but I can take care of myself and you know what," she said looking him dead in the eyes, "I think I'd do a lot better on my own. Maybe I need to just be by myself again."

Cameron's temper flashed at her words. So this is what she wanted, to be done with him? Coolness flooded through him, his eyes turning frigid. It was a quality he inherited from his mother. If Marleigh didn't want him then he wasn't about to let her see how much she was hurting him. Her words ripped him from the inside out. A bland look came over his face, nothing he said would change her mind. There was no point in arguing with her. "If that's what you want. Then go, be by yourself." he said, his voice like ice.

Marleigh noticed how stoic Cameron's expression went. She figured she would see as much from him. Same southern male crap that she'd dealt with all her life and now she remembered why she hated it so much. "I'll come by and get my things and then I'll be out of your hair forever," she said without a hint of sadness in her tone. Marleigh would just get her things quickly and then head to get a room at the Three Broomsticks until she could find a place of her own. Right now she wouldn't allow herself to feel anything, but she knew once she was alone and had time to think about it then this would hurt. After all she'd given Cameron two things she'd never given anyone else and only one of them she could have back.

Cameron kept his blank face on. He looked at her, feeling the hurt inside. How could she do this to him? His stare hardened. "Fine. Have a nice life." he said bitterly to the woman he had wanted to marry. He had already saved up enough money to buy her the prettiest ring her heart desired. No longer would his future plans include Marleigh. He strode over to his sports car and got in, slamming the door hard. His tires spun as he pulled out of the parking lot, his foot slammed down on the accelerator. He needed to go somewhere other than the house they had been sharing. god, he needed a drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back