Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Arc)
Wand
Ebony, Dragon heart-string, 9 1/2 inches
Kira rushed into the library. She had to trade in her books, and quickly, if she wanted to get Tyra's letter out to her in time. Her arms were full, as was her bag, and she couldn't quite see where she was going. All she knew was that she needed to write a letter to her sister and get it sent before curfew in an hour. She cursed herself quietly. She had been so caught up reading that she had completely lost track of time. It was her own fault, she shouldn't have waited.

She accidentally bumped into someone. It wasn't hard, barely a tap with her bag as she hurried by, but it was still enough to get everyone's attention. Any other day she would be mortified, but right now she was in a rush to get to the librarian's desk not ten feet away and then to that nearby open table so she could scribble out her usual three-page correspondence. "I'm so sorry!" She called, smiling apologetically.

She didn't bother looking to see who she had bumped in to, or bother waiting for a response. Within moments she had left nearly a dozen books on the counter, picked up a rather large encyclopedia on magical herbs and their uses and sat down in the nearest available seat. She pulled out her quill and some blank parchment, scribbling madly.

Tyra, you wouldn't believe what happened this week!
You see...

As many students as frustratingly populated it, the library was one place the Westwick twins frequented. The wealth of knowledge on a variety of subjects was an irresistible temptation for the boys, and Edmund found that especially the more advanced Defense Against the Dark Arts and Care of Magical Creatures books held information that he found quite interesting. More than once the boy had found himself eyeing the Restricted Section with interest, wondering what information would be so dangerous that the school would keep it from all but some students, and why a school would need those kinds of books in the first place. Maybe one day the twins would be able to make their way in there.

Edmund's contemplation of the ever-tempting door was rudely interrupted when he felt someone slam into his side as they passed. Wincing, he glared at the younger girl as she dashed past without so much as bothering to stop. Meeting eyes with Theodore for a moment, Edmund turned back to the girl, snapping at her angrily. "Watch where you're going." He said with a scowl. "You never know how those you slight may choose to pay you back."

The library was always a bit of a struggle for Theodore. The ancient books full of interesting knowledge called to him, but the fact that the place was filled with other students disgusted him at the same time. He often preferred to take books with them to the dormitory, but that was quite a walk. They had often found themselves staring at the Restricted Section longingly, but hadn't made any attempt to go there to see for themselves.

Theodore jerked when Edmund suddenly pushed into him, and he glanced to see what had happened. Some first year thought it was necessary to walk into them without even pausing to properly apologize. He glared at her. "There are plenty of hidden passageways in the school. Places where you wouldn't be found for years." He added quietly, hoping it would scare the girl into at least getting out of their sight.

Kira looked up at the twins, unphased by their gloomy threats. Well, they're just a chipper pair aren't they? She smiled softly at them. "Oh, of course you're quite right." She looked at the first one that had spoken. "It truly was my fault, I'm sorry to have run into you." She turned to the other. "And it really would be quite clever of you to hide me away somewhere." She held up her quill, looking apologetic. "Just let me send this off, would you? I've never been away from my sister before and I'd at least like to say goodbye. Once that's done I truly would like to make it up to you boys in some way. I was being rather careless and I have no excuse for my behavior."

She started scribbling again, a little faster now. She meant everything she said, and with curfew so near she became doubly worried that she wouldn't be able to get her letter off to Tyra tonight and still make it up to the twins. "My name is Kira, by the way. Kira Wolf." She had a feeling that neither of them cared, but she didn't mind.

Theodore's mouth curved downward at the girl's response. She didn't sound scared at all. But the way she talked to them sounded... condescending. Was she making fun of them? Theodore crossed his arms. "If you don't start leaving us alone, you may not see your sister again for a much longer time." He said ominously. "The best way to make it up to us is to stay away from us. We don't have time for annoying first-years." He said with a glance at his brother. The temptation to humiliate the girl by making her do something she wouldn't want to do was there, but mostly he wanted the chipper and cheerful girl out of their faces. Edmund might think differently, however. He gave her an unamused look when she introduced herself. "What about our expressions makes you think we care about your name?" He asked sharply, frowning at her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back