Slytherin Tryouts!

Ford Harkonnen

Wand
It's made of wood, I suppose
[[In this thread you will post an example RP of yourself playing a game of quidditch. Keep in mind that more detail you put into this, the more likely I am to consider your tryout. Additionally, please state which position you would like to try out for.]]

Kale trudged down to the quidditch pitch with his Emerald Streak strapped around his shoulder and his beaters bat in his left hand, he aimlessly tapped his right hand with his bat as he walked. He was looking forward to tryouts and was optimistic that the team would actually stay together for once; for he had went through getting adjusted to a new team about twice a year since he had joined the teams.

As Kale noticed Ford standing around, he walked toward him with a smirk on his face. "Hey Ford.." he said while removing his broom from his shoulder and holding it in his right hand, "What are we supposed to do for this whol tryout thing?" Kale inquired with a puzzled look, still foggy on what was expected.

OoC:(Did you want us to enter and then start the tryout in another post? I'm still confused.. :"> )

Athene was a hundred yards or so behind Kale, with her new emerald streak firmly in hand. She walked with her head up, despite her stomach twisting and turning from nerves. She had been too nervous, too uncomfortable, last year to apply for the team, but this yeah she though that she'd give it a shot.

She had tied her hair up in her usual two plaits, and they hung over shoulders like short black ropes. She wondered if they'd get in the way at all.

She stopped as Kale stopped, but stayed a fair few feet behind him. She noticed that they had the same broom, and wondered how common her broom was, and whether she needed to buy a new one.

When they had finished talking, and Athene had told Ford that she was trying out for Seeker, Athene mounted her broom and took a deep breath. It was a warm day, and there was little wind, so she knew that she had nothing to worry about. The conditions were excellent. It was only her nerves, now, that were threatening to make a fool of her.

Ford had told the group of students that they would be playing a small game of Quidditch in their desired positions. Athene watched as the other students mounted their brooms and took off.

Gripping her broom hard, Athene kicked off into the air. Her feet left the ground with a soft 'swishing' sound, and as soon as she was a few yards into the sky all her nerves left her. She smiled as she sped off towards to the goal posts, the few strands of hair that hadn't been woven into braids whipping at her face.

She took her position above the game, looking down at the other players. It started quickly, and Athene kept her eyes narrowed and trained on every movement. The edge of one girls glasses had nearly caused her to hurtle after her, as well as someones wrist watch. She thought that it should be illegal to wear anything shiny in a Quidditch game.

Twenty minutes into the game, and she still hadn't spotted the Snitch. She was getting frantic. Had Ford remembered to set it loose? She ducked closer into the game, and gasped as a bludger went whipping past her, missing her by inches. She had to do a cartwheel to avoid it as it was hit back by another player on her own team. She scowled. She was sure that it had been aimed at her, but the Beater shouted back an unconvincing "Sorry, Athene."

As she came out of the cartwheel, she saw it. It was on its way past the same Beater who had sent the Bludger at her. Quickly, Athene flew off after it, nearly colliding with the beater. The snitch went into a dive, and so did Athene. She stretched out her arm.

"Please," she whispered, as her fingers brushed the gold. She suddenly wished that she had longer arms. And then, as the snitch went to turn, Athene clasped her fingers around it...

BAM, she took a bludger to the shoulder, and dropped the snitch. She fell from the broom - Just a few feet - and hit the ground hard. She was still conscious, and she swore. Did it matter that she had dropped it? She had no idea. No one came to help her, so she picked herself up. She didn't hurt too much, just her shoulder, so she made her way to the edge of the pitch where Ford stood, and sat down cross legged on the grass, and closed her eyes.

<i></i>

[[My mistake, since there are three original members of the team left, they don't need to try out. However, a clarification on the tryouts: Don't bother putting in a RP about showing up. Just post an example of yourself flying around in a game. I'm going to edit out the RP section of my first post.]]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back