Slytherin Stands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiara smiled as she made her way to the Slytherin Quidditch Stands. She was so excited to be watching a game of Quidditch where she would actually know some-one on the team. Justin Kuya was the only person she cared about on this match and she was excited to be here to support him. They had walked to the pitch together and then made their seperate ways as he walked on to the Slytherin tents and she made her way to the stands. She knew she would probably be alone for the majority of this time, until the game actually started but she knew if she hadn't come now, she was going to be late, she had been late to most of the games in Beauxbatons so she had made a decision to get here nice and early and be ready and not miss any action of the Quaffle. She smiled when she spotted Justin on the pitch and waved at him happily. She was so glad Justin was on the Quidditch team.

Arriving onto the pitch stood Professor Styx, and it was obvious that he was uncomfortable outside. However he was here for one purpose, to see how Slytherin would hold against Ravenclaw. While he was not a Quidditch fan, he knew how it was played, and kept a close eye on the members that were leading it, as this one, was Isabella Romanes - the lone captain and Prefect. He made his way up to the stands, his black robes flowing as he did so. He was soon seated, and he had heard that Gryffindor had been the victor last game. Would Slytherin be going against them? Professor Styx surely did not care. It had been a while since his house had pulled ahead in house points, and he was not exactly the one to care about the stupid trophy, since he himself had won it twice, if not three times in a row. As the game continued on, Professor Styx narrowed his eyes at the captain's frustrations, and then quickly noticed, it was not just Slytherin's but Ravenclaw's too. Jeremy, the Head Boy that he didn't dislike so much, was getting frustrated with his team as well. Isabella had soon kicked someone off of the team, and took her place. Professor Styx couldn't care less. The girl was a transfer, and about to be out of the school. However if the Captain didn't calm down, she was going to pull something illegal and lose the game for everyone. Professor Styx would not handle that well, someone letting their emotions run wild like that.

Since Hufflepuff and Gryffindor finished their games already, it was time for a rousing game between the Ravenclaw's and the Slytherin's. Effie didn't have a particular house she was rooting for but something within her possessed her to choose the Slytherin stands during this game. Her own house had lost their match but Effie was extremely proud of them. They never backed down, even when it seemed hopeless. Whether they won or not didn't matter to the woman. Just so long as they tried their best and had fun while doing it. 'Perhaps that's why I never win anything, I have little desire for competition.' Effie had always been like that. It wasn't really known why, she just never felt the need to compete for something like everyone else did. If Effie would find a way to get it, but she wouldn't compete with someone over the matter. It was a waste of energy and time in her mind. Effie tightened the yellow cardigan she had around herself as she made her way through the Slytherin stands. She was getting some odd stares. It was probably because she was the Hufflepuff Head of House, yet here she was, with the Slytherin's. Effie didn't think this was too big of a deal. She had a lot of siblings who were in Slytherin, not to mention she was a pure blood. Was she all that much different than a lot of them were? Even if she had different ideals than most of those that were sorted into that house were.

"Good afternoon, Professor Styx." Effie greeted softly. She almost passed by him but then realized that as the only other Professor around, she'd rather be by him than around a group of students. Plus she never really minded him. Even if he was immensely grouchy and bitter all of the time. "Are you here to root for your te-you know what..stupid question. You probably don't care do you?" It took years and years of working in the same school as he did for Effie to finally become used to the way he was. He was even more complicated than Nicolette was. No wonder they were married. It took one to handle on in Effie's opinion. It was cute though. They bickered like an older married couple, but they still cared...and that was rare these days. A soft smile crept onto Effie's lips. She was waiting for something rude to or cold to come out of his mouth.​
<i></i>

Kiara was engrossed in the game from the moment it started. Straight off the ball the quaffle was chased around. The keeper was switched twice until the captain was the keeper and bludgers were flying everywhere. Both captains seemed to be unhappy with their teams and kiara sniggered slightly when her best friend was hit bya bludger. Sadistic little bugger he was, he had probably enjoyed it. She flicked her hair over her shoulder and watched the ame more intently. Justin seemed to be pretty good considering. However she got slightly distracted when a certain Professor made his way tto tthe stands. She was surprised she hadn't even noticed him earlier. Was she slipping? Her cheeks reddened slightly and she bit her lip. She was nervous all of a sudden. She wondered if Justin could see her now, sitting in the stands with her Professor crush. She twirled her hair between her fingers and looked at him. Even just looking at the man sent warm tingles spreading down her spine. She licked her lips slightly, because they had become dry and smiled. "Hi there Professor, are you enjoying the game?" She asked slightly nervous but hiding it well. She wondered if he knew?
Edit: Jessye, go away :r

Professor Styx glanced up with his onyx eyes to see that there was none other than Professor Snow coming to join him in his solitude. She was one of the only ones that he could stand to be in his presence for too long. She was dressed in yellow, so it was like she was the sun right now, something he hated. Professor Styx turned his eyes to the game, and he did not even flinch when one of the Slytherin chasers were hit by a bludger. The moron should have been looking. Perhaps if he had gotten a haircut since he was born, he would not have had that issue. This was why he was never going to let his boys' hair get too long, not without tying it back like his father did. He was greeted, and he nodded toward her to let her know that he acknowledged her at least. His arms folded across his chest, his gloved fingers clinching his own arms. She even took a seat next to him, and he did not move. He barely even looked at her. He simply looked ahead at his students play perhaps one of the worst games invented except muggle sports. Now that was a joke. He did not see the point in having games in school. They were meant to be learning, not having fun. Even if he daughter was into the game. He noticed her being the chaser for right now.

When Professor Snow asked if he was here to root for his team, she called herself out on it. He looked over at her and he said rather coldly, as per usual, "No, I am here to root for Ravenclaw. Personally I find Quidditch to be redundant in schools, and I am simply here because my daughter wanted me to be here." Professor Styx gestured toward the blonde, younger Chaser that was running up and down the pitch skillfully on her broomstick that he had bought for her. Kailie was a second year now, and he remembered when she was born, quite uniquely like his son Kaleb. She turned out similar to himself and his oldest son combined. It was quite interesting, but he was not going to question it. "Any particular reason why you are here, considering your house lost to a few airheads?" He was speaking of the Gryffindors, since he never saw them with many brains at all. However much to his annoyance, he heard a student talking to a professor, and when his onyx eyes, absent of any emotion landed on the girl, she was staring at him. Professor Styx decided that he would inform her of a little something, of how he was outside of class. "Are you too incompetent to see that two adults are having a conversation? Don't interrupt us, or I will send you inside to endure weeks with Professor Blaze."

Effie had to hold back a soft laugh. She knew this was going to happen. Or rather, that he was going to be like this. He often was. Just like Nicolette. Ninety percent of the time something rude was going to come from her mouth and it was never really enjoyable to hear. She was often dead on about any accusation she made. "I don't Quidditch much either. But it's better than being sheltered in the office grading papers. That is sweet though." Effie commented on the fact that he came because his daughter wanted him too. He was a good father for someone who was really mean most of the time. It was like one of those hidden things that people often never figured out until it was too late. Effie sometimes felt that even misjudged this man next to her, which was horrible since she tried to see the best in everyone. There were things about him due to his family being very intertwined with hers, that made her remember that he was no man to be meddling around with. But Effie would never tell, or hint. It wasn't her place to. He left her alone and brought her no harm, for that Effie normally left him be to do his thing. It seemed that it was what he wanted half the time. To just be left alone. Effie let her multi-colored eyes shift back to the game for a minute. Was it just her or were his students very aggressive in this game? Effie could only guess that it reflected their brutal nature. She hoped they won though. If Ravenclaw won, Professor Spenser would have bragging rights at something and Effie didn't want to hear that.

"Because I felt like it? That and I don't really want Ravenclaw win. That would be giving Professor Spenser bragging rights. I don't want to listen to that." Effie replied softly. Her voice sounding almost like she was timid at the moment. But she actually just didn't want anyone to overhear that she wanted Spenser's house to lose. He was her Co-worker and a very nice man, but she was tired of his house winning. Hufflepuff was doing well this year. They just had to pull ahead in points and they would take the house cup. Effie was going to say something, but then a student came up to Professor Styx and completely ignoring her. Effie was too sweet to really tell the young girl to mind her manners, but she did raise an eyebrow as she looked at her. "Good afternoon Ms. Tine." Effie said sweetly. She wanted to laugh at how rude Professor Styx was, but she felt it was too mean. Even of the student in question, Effie had heard was a real brat. Plus she wanted to laugh at how admired Styx was, even though he tried his best to remain unattached. His threat was pretty frightening too. At least, in Effie's opinion it was.​
<i></i>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back