Slytherin Practice 1

Sophia had been hovering before the center goal when Kale made his throw. She darted off in the direction where the quaffle would have been, and was slightly taken off guard when the quaffle was not there. When she looked up Sophia saw Blake throwing the quaffle in the opposite direction.

"Blake, you would make an excellent Chaser," she said in his direction. She had been quite impressed with his interception. It was not often Sophia was caught off guard.

Ford, following the action quickly, was right behind Blake as the quaffle was tossed into the air. Not desiring another interception, he accelerated instantly, almost falling off the rear of his broom, were it not for his death grip on the broom with one hand. He grabbed the quaffle and flew fast over Blake, towards the hoops. He was hoping to outrun the Kale and Katrina, leaving Blake and him open to play with Zoe. He looked back quickly to survey those behind him, as he closed in on the hoops.

As Ford zoomed off toward the other end of the pitch, Blake geared up his Streak and darted off, glued to the bck of Ford's tail.

Zoe watched as Blake intercepted the catch, and was getting a little nervous as Blake and Ford were flying her way. She quickly centered herself, and prepared to dive either way, if necessary, though her reflexes weren't very good.

As Blake intercepted Kale's throw he punched the air, I guess that's a good thing.. he thought to himself and turned his broom around chasing not too far behind Blake and Ford. Inching closer and closer, Kale zipped toward the opposing team, doing his best to keep his eye out for Katrina.

Ford, barreling towards the hoops, veered off to the right of the hoops. He perfromed a tight circle around them and came around the the front. He killed his momentum and kicked the rear of the broom out, putting him in line facing the hoops. He threw the quaffle at the left hoop quickly, hoping to beat Zoe's reflexes. On the other hand, he was hoping she blocked the ball, they needed a seeker with some excellent reflexes.

Zoe was getting more and more nervous as Ford headed her way with the quaffle, but she had seen many Keepers play before, and tried to mimic their moves. As Ford moved his arm back, and threw the quaffle to the left hoop, she dove for it, but she didn't catch it.
The back of her broom knocked the quaffle off course, and it was headed for the ground. She was surprised at what she had just done, she hadn't realised her reflexes were that fast. Wow, that was crazy! But Sophia will always be better than me, she thought to herself.

Kale watched as Ford aimed for the hoop and as Zoe blocked his goal. He hooted and hollered with joy, proud that their seeker isn't a bad keeper as well. Kale chased after the quaffle that was heading right for the ground and caught it with ease, he then rocketed toward the opposite side of the pitch toward Sophia's goals. Kale scoped the pitch with a good grip of the quaffle under his arm, searching for Katrina. At the sight of her, Kale maneuvered his broom right beside Katrina and tossed it directly toward her, hoping that she would catch the quaffle easily.

As Blake watched Zoe make a great save with the end of her broom, Blake swooped up beside her and laughed at the reaction on her face. "Great save!" he called to her just before he zoomed off before Kale caught the quaffle. Blake hadn't thought to block off Katrina, but instead had positioned himself near the posts where Sophia was, giving her a nod as to say that he wouldn't interfere if the quaffle came down her direction.

Katrina caught the Quaffle from Kale and darted quickly toward the goal. She saw Blake flying around where Sophia was, but she was only concerned with getting the Quaffle through the little golden hoop. With determination, the rest of the world melted away as she drew nearer the goal.

Darting from side to side as she had seen her brother do many times, Katrina faked to the left, then the right, then the left again. When she was within 12 feet of the goal, she threw with all her might at the right goal post, hoping she had thrown Sophia off enough to get one past her.

Sophia saw Katrina coming toward her and locked her golden eyes on Katrina and the quaffle. Finally some action. She remained hovering before the center post but moved her position ever so slightly to stay with Katrina.

Because she barely moved from her spot before the center post Sophia had no problems with Katrina's fakes. When the quaffle was thrown she easily dashed to her left and caught the quaffle. "Good try Katrina," she said sincerely and tossed the quaffle to Blake.

Zoe watched as Kale threw the quaffle to Katrina, and she went down to Sophia's hoops, trying to throw it in. She watched as Sophia caught the quaffle with ease, then passed it to Blake. Zoe kept her eyes peeled, keeping a close eye on where Ford and Blake both were, in case they tried some sort of surprse attack on her.

Blake saw Katrina take a good shot, and saw Sophia make a great save, "Wooho!" Blake cheered, for both girls rather than just one. Catching the quaffle Sophia passed to him, Blake sped off down to the opposite end of the pitch, not sure where Ford had disappeared to. Once he reached the other end where Zoe was hovering, he darted off to the right. But at the last moment, he swerved to his left again and threw the quaffle to the center post.

Zoe kept her eyes on Blake as he flew towards her, following the directions he flew in, ready to fly to wherever he threw the quaffle. She was sure that he was going to throw it into the right post, and went in that direction, and he threw it into the middle one. As fast as she could, she went for the quaffle, and it just missed her hands by a couple inches, it had gone in. "Hey, good job there, Blake!" She said, as she retrieved the quaffle.

"Thanks Zoe, you did good yourself!" Blake said, surprised that he'd managed to get something in. Flashing Zoe a quick smile, he darted off after the quaffle as it fell. Upon catching it, he threw the quaffle over at either Katrina or Kale, "I think this is your quaffle."

Kale watched from not too far behind as Blake made the goal through Zoe's hoop, he was happy that the Slytherin team seemed very strong this year. While looking out for Katrina, Kale caught the quaffle that Blake tossed over to him and made his wa to the opposite side of the pitch. Kale spotted Katrina and tossed the quaffle toward her; hoping that she would catch it.

(((OMG!! I'm really really sorry! I misread the last time I checked here....I didn't realize it was down to me. I'm really sorry to everyone!! )))

Katrina watched as Kale zipped around. She had stayed close to Sophia's side of the pitch and was anxiously waiting her turn at the action. When she saw Kale toss the Quaffle, she dipped suddenly and caught it. She gained altitude again and flew to the far left of Sophia. She noticed that Sophia rarely left the center ring, so she had to find a new strategy. As she flew in, she hoped that Sophia would move toward her. When she was in range she threw the quaffle as hard as she could toward the right ring. She repeated silently over and over please go in, please go in.

Zoe watched as Kale passed to Katrina, and that she was heading for the hoops. She was wondering whether Katrina would get the quaffle in or not, knowing Sophia was a really good keeper.

[And now it appears it my turn to be sorry for not responding.]

Sophia locked her golden eyes on Katrina, watching her fly down the right side. She kept herself hovered before the center hoop, ready to move any which way. As the quaffle was thrown across and over toward the left hoop Sophia was sightly surprised. She had started to lean to the right and had to redirect herself, catching the quaffle just before it went through the hoop.

"Nice throw Katrina," Sophia said firmly with a nod. She threw the quaffle out to Ford so that the practice could continue.

Katrina slapped the handle of her broom in frustration. But she had to admit: "Great save Sophia". She supposed that she should be happy that they had such a strong keeper on their team. But she was starting to wonder about how good she actually was. She had never played Chaser before and was nervous.

Shaking her head to clear out anything but Quidditch, she watched the Quaffle soar to Ford and wondered if her would catch it.

Blake cheered on both Katrina and Sophia as Katrina had gone for a goal and Sophia had madea save. Redirecting his own broom, Blake flew down to the other end of the pitch trying to get an advantage on Zoe who was hovering in front of her own post.

Ford caught the quaffle easily and tucked it under his arm. He kicked his broom forward and sped forward, looking for someone to whom he could pass the quaffle.

((Sorry about the prolonged absence, everybody. I've had a busy week and I'm fairly tired. #-o That's the closest thing to a yawn I could find.))

Blake looked over his shoulder just as Ford caught the quaffle. He kept in the direction of the posts where Zoe was, hoping that Ford would see him ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back