OOC First Name
Mia
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ngawaiata
Sky was excited. Renata was coming over for a sleepover. It had been pointed out to her by both her parents that as they were in the same dorm most nights were a sleepover. But it wasn’t the same, other than the novelty of it the first few nights of the semester living in a dorm was not gossip and pillow fights it was sleep and making sure Mollys cat slept on the right bed, and that one didn't wake the others up when getting changed and trying to find matching socks. She has never had a proper sleepover before, and she was so excited. she had looked up what one was meant to do at a sleepover. And had borrowed a stack of magazines from the library with quizzes in them, and got a pile of movies ready to go at a moment's notice. And snacks. Lots of snacks. she had also raided the entire house for cushions for them to sit on or lie on or build a den with. sure her mum could probably transfigure a mattress for Renata but most things she ad read that wasn't an option, and she wanted it to be a proper genuine sleepover even if only minimal sleeping was done. when she was sure everything was ready she picked up a jelly snake and ate it as she waited for Renata to arrive.

Renata also had very little idea of what to do at a sleepover, but was excited regardless. She'd never been to one before, she'd been to a couple of people's houses growing up and fallen asleep with other kids at New Years parties, but not an actual sleepover. It was different to school as there was usually an assignment to worry about or a late class like Astronomy. Or a morning class to get to. Renata felt like she should be doing work, but her parents, seemingly relieved she'd made some friends, had insisted she wasn't needed and could go be social.

Renata had brought a backpack that her father had charmed to fit more in (a trick he'd learned from his backpacking days) with pyjamas, a couple of changes of clothes as she'd been indecisive, a few muggle snacks and some makeup and hair accessories with her toothbrush, and even some old muggle movies her nonna had had in storage. She'd laughed at Renata for being overprepares, but the fourteen year old had just been determined not to fail at this, as though that was something normal to consider. Clasping a large thermos of hot chocolate and a pillow, Renata shyly knocked on the door, her father at least deciding to stick around just to make sure she was in the right place before he'd apparate away.

Niamh had definatly not been alternating between looking at the clock and counting down the minutes until Renata was meant to arrive, looking out the window to see if she could see her friend and sitting on her bed pretending that she was doing neither of the above which she really was. it was one of the times when she was not looking out the window that she saw two people walking up the drive. one familiar and the other one not someone she had seen before though there was a familiarity between him and renata. by the time her friend knocked she was halfway down the stairs and opening the door quickly before realising that she wanted to play it cool and not seem too excited. "Renata." she said excitement in her voice as she went to give her friend a hug, realised how much she was holding and then ended up giving her a one armed quasihug before taking some of the things off her. by then her mum had appeared from the kitchen and was talking to renatas dad about logistics and pick up times and and boring adult things. "do you what to go up to my room you can out your bag down and we can decide what we want do?" she said taking a step towards the stairs.

Renata gave a somewhat embarrassed smile at how much she had on her, she just didn't want to inconvenience Sky or her family too much since they were already kindly offering her hospitality. Her own house wasn't really set up for having people over, being a three bedroom flat over the restaurant. There was enough space, but not a huge amount to work with. Her dad nodded encouragingly at her and spoke quietly to Sky's parents in accented English. He was never a man of many words and tended to hang back and let her mother be the star, but he and Renata got along quite well all things considered. "Yes that sounds good," she agreed, a little anxious. "I've, um, never been to a sleepover before," she admitted. "But it'll be good. How has your holiday been so far?"

sky listened to the hum of voices downstairs their parent's accents so different to each other she wondered if that was what it sounds like when she and Renata spoke. when they reached the top of the stars she turned into her room. "that's my parents room, and my dad's office, and the bathroom. this is my room" she said stepping through into her room. inside it was a mix between Scandinavian simplicity and an artists chaos. her bed was a simple wooden frame with a cover on it that was indented where she had been sitting, her desk contained a few piles of paper in the centre was a picture she had been practising painting yesterday a landscape her shelves contained some books interspersed with nicknacks, and other bits and bobs. in the corner was her viola, her harp, whistle and a guitar. and a stack of music. golden fairy lights were draped on all the surfaces that she could drape them on. and they would give the room a nice soft warm light when they were switched on later. then there was, of course the stack of cushions in the centre of the floor ready to be sat lied or slept on. ""Thats okay. it is the first time i have ever hoste one" she said in response to renatas comment. "I have snacks if you want something. mum us making us dinner but we have snacks until then"". she said grabbing a jelly snake and biting into it. glad she had put time into tidying the rooom.

Renata's own accent was so varied, it really depended on the words she was saying as to how they were emphasised or accented. Mostly her English sounded a little American from muggle movies but it was a bit of a cultural mishmash. She liked hearing the different ones around her, though. Sky had a very distinct accent that was always refreshing to hear. It reminded her of travelling around as a kid. Renata quietly followed, impressed with the size of the house. She had been used to living in small places so Sky's house felt opulent in comparison. And her room was warm and inviting, decorated in a way that was so distinctive and really expressed the owner's personality. "Your room is so nice," Renata said, earnestly. Her own room was very small, with a window looking over the courtyard where people would revel far too late on a Saturday night. But she was only in it on holidays, so it was fairly spare in terms of decorations. She grabbed a jelly snake in turn, opening her backpack a little self-consciously. "I also brought snacks," she giggled. "Mama said I was overthinking but oh well."

Niamh looked around the room as renata said it was nice. She guessed it was. But it was just her room. Nothing too fancy. I have movies, and magazines with quizzes in them, and things to make friendship bracelets out of, and make over things. I looked up what to do at sleep overs and that is what it said” she said. Then picked up one of the magazines flipping through the pages until she found a quiz. This one looked like a flow chart where you answered yes or no or one of a set answers and it took you down a path to an answer. let’s see. What’s your super power. Do animals like you? she asked reading the first question.

Renata slipped her backpack onto her lap and opened it, reaching in. She felt a bit like Mary Poppins, from that old muggle movie, reaching her arm down further and further until it seemed to go past the base of it, pulling out a couple of her own makeup and makeover things. "I have face masks...we can put them on and look very silly while watching movies and gossiping and doing each others nails," Renata said, half seriously. She'd half bitten her nails so they probably weren't worth doing, but the spirit was there. "Um, animals? I don't know...but I guess Gumdrop hasn't ever bitten me or anything so I guess so?" she shrugged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back