Sleeping Under a Tree

Blane Bailey

Blane was tired as he walked out on to the school grounds. He had, had classes and had to write and essay. He also had not had much sleep the night before. There was a light breeze in the hot late afternoon. Blane walked down on the school grounds and saw a nice tree. Once at the tree Blane sat down. He put down his bag and pulled out a book, opened it and tryed to read. He slouched down and leaned his head against the tree and was soon asleep.

Amy was taking a stroll int he grounds when she thought she saw a familiar figure. On further inspection it proved to be Blane whol looked asleep.
"Hello sleepy head" she said loudly, sitting herself down on the grass.
"Hope you diont mind me interuptting?!" she asked smiling.

"I'm okay how about yourself?" she asked him smiling
"Haven't spoken to your properly in a while! How are things going?" she asked.

"How comes so tired?" she asked a little concerned
"Yeah things are going okay actually, really enjoying lessons!!! How about you?" Amy asked in return.

"Glad to hear its all good" she said smiling. She paused for a moment before continuing, "So whats up with the not sleeping so well then?" she asked tentatively.

"Fair enough" Amy said smiling. She hesitated before replying, "Yeah sleeping like I normally do, takes me a while and i normally end up getting up very early but its okay really" she said smiling.

Amy smiled, "Im sharing with Andy Harri and two older girls, Keira and Ana-Cole" she replied, then laughed as he asked the next question. "My birthdays not until the 8th February, a while away!" she laughed. "What about yours?" she asked.

"Oh Happy Belated birthday then" she said smiling at Blane, then laughed as she realised it was some time ago.

"Well you've always got your next birthday to look forward to" Amy said cheerfuly.

"I'm sure you'l still get a load of cards" Amys aid grinning at Blane.
"At least you have a summer birthday!" she said smiling
"Mines always cold and horrible weather" Amy said.

Amy laughed "Yeah I guess your right there!" she said smiling at Blane.

"I sure am, good old London" she said smiling, thinking about home.

"I know i miss it" she said smiling faintly
"Do you miss Scotland?" she asked Blane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back