Skimming Stones

Toni hugged Sam back as he hugged her. Even though she really hadn't done it, he had, but still. "You basically did it but still" Toni said smiling as she laughed a bit when Sam said that you learn something new everyday. "Well I guess I've been learning a lot than" Toni said thinking about how it felt like so many days had gone by but really it was hardly into the school year.

As Sam put his arms over her shoulder, Toni thought about his question. "I've been good. I mean getting settled in dorms and such. I'm not staying with Hoshi" Toni said smiling brightly. she was quite happy about that. "Which means neither of us will kill each other. Well at least not in each other's sleep" Toni added with a small laugh.

"Now how have you been? Up to anything interesting?" She asked.

Sam laughed "Well thats good then." He was amused at how much they both dislike each other yet they were sorted into the same house. "At leats you guys won't be fighting as much.." he shrugged.

"Pretty much the same, settling in and the lot. Its great that Jenns in Hufflepuff..I mean someone that I know." he said thoughtfully though he knew it probably wasn't the right to to say but he and Jenn were best friends and that wasn't going to change. "So how is Slytherin life treating you? Do you know a lot of them now?"

Toni smiled thinking that it was good. So far Toni hadn't mixed with Hoshi too much. She had met her a few times around the school and of coarse tried her best to bother Hoshi but other than that they didn't run into each other. That was probably best actually.

"Yep" Toni said knowing that Sam and Hoshi were friends. She didn't see how but still Toni was going to not say anything bad about the girl just because Sam was here. She had to at least try to be nice.

As Toni listened to Sam say he was settling in Toni nodded a few times to show she was listening. Once Jenna came up Toni tried to dismiss it. She still wasn't the taking the best liking to Jenna.

"It's nice to have someone you know in the same house" Toni said thinking about it briefly but trying not to go into thought about Jenna. "Oh Slytherin life is perfect" Toni said laughing a bit. "Actually it isn't much different than before sorting. I don't feel that different" Toni said as she thought about the Slytherins that she knew. "I've meant most of them. A few second years. But I'm probably closer to Beau" Toni said smiling slightly as her mind filled with thoughts that she pushed out quickly. "But Henric isn't too bad" Toni said still not knowing what she thought about henric yet.

"Do you like Many other hufflepuffs beside Jenna" Toni said bitting her bottom lip for a moment at the mention of Jenna.

Sam listened to how things were for her. It was a pity they couldn't be together, they would be probably sick of each other if they were....that couldn't be possible. he thought. "Yeah..I dunno he seems..different to me since we got the jobs at Quality Quidditch Supplies." He knew a lot of people dislike Henric a lot. But Sam wasn't going to give up on him just yet.

"Yeah I do. At the party at the beginning of the year I have met a load. Older ones aswell. I'm quite close to Wednesday. Shes a laugh." he added laughing himself. He was quite fond of Wednesday.

Toni looked out over at the lake wondering if it was ever going to be okay to swim in. That would be rather fun actually. Though once Sam mentioned Henric Toni smiled slightly. "Yeah at first I found him well really odd" Toni said truthfully thinking about how he had acted in the bookstore and then when she was in the Three Broomsticks with Beau.Yet lately Henric seemed still not normal but okay. "Well you will never have a boring work day" Toni said adding a small laugh.

"Oh you had a party" Toni said wondering why Slytherin hadn't had a party. "Oh Wednesday" Toni said grinning "Yeah she's a laugh." Toni said thinking about the day the two of them were in the kitchens pigging out on brownies and talking about home. "But don't go around saying I like a Hufflepuff" Toni said smiling joking of coarse.

Sam listened to how she talked about Henric."I suppose that is true.." he shrugged, he usually never had a boring day at Quaility Quidditch Supplies with or without Henric.

"Yeah, did you guys not. I'm pretty sure Gryffindor did aswell." he added, he would have thought Slytherin would have thrown a party. Sam was glad Toni liked one of his female friends. "Your secret is safe with me!" he winked, "How do you guys know each other anyways?" he absent-mindly picked strands of grass beside him.

Toni was stuck wondering for a bit why Slytherin hadn't had a party. That made no sense to her. Why out of all the houses Slytherin didn't. Maybe that would just give Toni a reason to throw a random party.

"No we didn't have one" Toni said shrugging as if it didn't bother her at all. "I guess I will just have to throw one one time just for the heck of it" Toni added smiling thinking if she would actually do that.

"Oh good" Toni said laughing a small laugh when Sam said her secret was safe with him. "But it's a long story" Toni started when Sam asked how she knew Wednesday. "Met her a few times around the school. Didn't occur to me at first that we knew each other back home. Pity she was put in Hufflepuff though" Toni said then thinking about what she had just said "No offense or anything" She added not meaning anything by her Hufflepuff comment. It was just a shock that most people Toni was friends with were in another house.

Sam mouth was shaped into a small "o". "You guys knew each other orignally, how did it not occur to you that you guys already met?" He didn't want to be nosy but he was interested in it. "I hope you don't mind me asking." he said with a small smile thrown in. "Hey...!" He was suprised at first at her comment but then shrugged, "Ah none taken." he laughed lightly.

Toni let out a small laugh. At first she wasn't exactly sure that it hadn't occured. It just seemed odd to think about now. "Of coarse I mind you asking. God Sam you are so nosy" Toni said failing at keeping a face for too long. She broke out in a smile.

"I guess it just seemed so unlikely. What are the chances? I knew about magic but I just thought she was a muggle that went to my old school. It never occured that she was a witch too" Toni said thinking that she probably sounded blonde.

Though Toni was a bit surprised that she had let a comment like the Hufflepuff out without much thought. Usually she was good at controling those around Sam. Oh well everyone slips up. "Good I didn't want to offend you" Toni said rolling her eyes playfully.

Toni looked over at the lake. "I can't wait until it gets warm enough to swim in it. As long as the giant squid isn't around" Toni said thinking about the story she had heard about the gaint squid that lived in the lake.

Sam knew she was oking and had a smile painted across his face. He then listened to her story. It was strange that they both ended up at Hogwarts. He never knew anyone here everyone that he knew that was a wizard went to Hogwarts Scotland. But for some many reasons Sam was glad he went here.

Sam nodded, "Its actuallly not too bad, I was in it already..with Hoshi and Knight." Sam laughed remembering it. "It got cold eventually though. I also can't wait for it to be frozen over. That'll be wicked!" he beamed excitedly.

Toni looked out over at the lake. For someone who hated the outdoors as much as Toni was really couldn't help but think she spent way too much time out there. Maybe things were changing after all or maybe Toni just didn't like be cooped up in that school all the time. Either way.

"Already?" Toni said laughing a bit not even going into the topic of Hoshi. Toni just really didn't want to think about that, not know. "I'll wait until it's actually warm" Toni said thinking about actually swimming in it. Toni usually didn't swim in anything but pools, but the lake didn't seem to dirty. Maybe she would survive.

"Frozen over to ice skate on I bet" Toni said wondering if Sam ice skated. Though Toni was not sure if she would be any good at ice skating or even standing on a slippery surface. "Hopefully I'll be able to skate on ground before then. Then maybe I will attempt another type of skating" Toni said thinking back to how long it took her to even move a bit faster on the skate board, wondering how everyone was so skilled at these matters except her.

Sam smiled, "Yeah though I am awful at skating!" he sniggered, it wasn't one of his best quailites but he was going to take an advantage of the frozen over lake. "My first time on a skateboard was with Hoshi, she showed me. I was sort of useless. It actually was the first time we met." He remebered how she tripped over him. It all seemed so long ago. "Have you tried skating before?" he asked her.

Toni let out a laugh "Good at least you won't be skating circles around me then" Toni said her eyes glancing over at Sam, a smile on her face. Though when Sam said that he went skating with Hoshi, Toni felt slightly better. Sam hung out with Hoshi alone probably loads of times. So it was almost equal since Toni had hung out with Beau to learn how to skate.

"Don't worry I'm not so grand either" Toni said smiling as she thought about the first time she went skating. Though the thought made her glance out over at the lake. Right now probably wouldn't be the best time to look eye to eye with Sam. "Actually Beau and I went skate boarding before school starting...." Toni said her thoughts going wild. She could tell him now, no she couldn't do that.

Sams grip around her tightened, "Maybe we could try and fail miserably together?" he suggested. That would be fun. "We almost never hang out anymore." he said quietly. "Oh you went with Beau?" he asked casually. "Did you learn much?" he asked wondering how good Beau must have been.

He turned his head aorund at the two girls behind them. "Hey do you wanna go for a walk...alone?" he asked her quietly.

Toni smiled brightly as she felt Sam's grip on her. He made her feel so content, so safe. "I think failing miserably together would be fun. As long as you don't laugh when I fall continuously" Toni said knowing that she was going to. Really, though she hide it well, Toni was a huge klutz.

Though as Sam's tone was so casual when talking about Beau, Toni's heart wanted to sink. He was so trusting and she was so unworthy of it. Smiling though "I learned a bit. I'm not fast but I'm decent. We did spend all day working on it" Toni said trying not to think of the day, not now.

As Sam asked if they wanted to take a walk alone, Toni turned her head to the two girls. "Yes Please" Toni said laughing a small bit at how excited she was to get away from those two girls even though one of them was in Slytherin.

"Yeah it'll be fun also." he grinned stupidly, he was already looking forward to it. "Well you can teach me what you learned." he said, not praticularly wanting Beau to be skating with them. He had nothing against Beau he just wanted some time alone with Toni.
Sam laughed at how happy she was, "Alrighty then!" he was almost as hapy. He got up first so he could help her up. Once he stood up he held out his hand for her. "So where shall we walk?"

((Will you set up the thread? :) ))

Toni couldn't help but smile when Sam smiled. It was almost like it was passed along. "It won't be much but I can teach you a bit" Toni said thinking along only the lines of skate boarding. even though Toni didn't know too much Skate boarding, she knew enough. Though Toni guessed that Sam didn't want Beau to tag along which was good in a way. Beau and Sam just couldn't be friends.

Toni stood up with the small amount of help from Sam. "Well we can either stay on the grounds and walk across the lawn or we can wonder about the school" Toni suggested as she ran her fingers through her hair once wondering what Sam wanted to do.

((I'll set it up. But where would you like it ))

"Well, anything will do." he winked at her, once he got to spend some alone time with her. As Sam pulled her up he answered quietly, "What about we stay on the grounds, its more peaceful."

He waved to Larrissa and Libby, he hoped that they didn't mind them leaving but there weren't talking to them. Sam gave another smile to Toni he still clutched her hand. It was seemed like an enernity since they did this last.

((What about the Hogwarts Gardens?))

Toni thought of a nice peaceful place. "The gardens actually sound like a good place for a walk" Toni said smiling as she squeezed Sam's hand gently. It felt like she hadn't spent alone time with him in so long. It was nice to just be alone with him. She flashed a small smile back at the other two girls who didnt' seem to even care they were gone. Well that made all four of them not caring if they broke off in pairs.

With a smile on her face Toni walked hand and hand with Sam towards the garden.

((Sounds good...I'll go start a thread))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back