Skimming stones

[[am I taking it that Aisyah has suddenly left thread too?]]

Andy skimmed another stone putting more force behind this one and nearly hitting a swan as she did so.
"Oh, sorry!" she called out to the bird then clapped a hand over her forehead, talk about dopey.

"What do you mean I heard it first hand?" Andy rattled her brains as to when she ever heard a spell that sounded even remotely like it but couldnt'.
"Are you sure?"

((guess So))

"well maybe I should break your nose again and we'll see if that jogs your memory" Brian said with a laugh.

It suddenly dawned on Andromeda what he meant and where she would have heard the spell. She tossed a stone at him making sure it wasn't thrown too hard.
"I was more concerned about my broken nose than any healing spells" she laughed back, "So what you heard the spell and thought you'd be able to do it? But you don't know the wand movements or anything?"

She knew Brian was intelligent but this was the first sign of foolishness he had displayed yet. She smiled then correcting herself mentally no there were definitly more times than this.

"Not true, I remembered how your Uncle did it exaclty" Brian said showing her the proper wand movement "I just don't think I old enough to properly use the spell, though I'm going to keep trying it either way" Brian smiled pointing his wand at the little stone "depulso!" he said with a tiny flick of his wand causing the stone to skip along the water.

Andromeda watched the stone flip away.
"What was the other spell you said 'everte' or something?" She asked him tossing a stone this time instead of skimming it.

She figured keeping her mind and hands busy around him should work fine, she had been grateful herself and Zuka had cleared the air and all secrets had been revealed. But still deep down she felt guilty for feeling anything at all for him. She refused to even look in his direction even now as she asked him about the spell.

"I'm not sure I should be trying to teach you advanced spellwork so close to the exams" Brian said with a smirk "afterall wouldn't want you to drain yourself right before you take important tests that might get you kicked out of school" Brian replied.

"Brian I can already do the Petrificus Totalus, I got that my first try it's easy spells like accio get me" she told him sending another stone flying into the water, "what does it do that's all I'm asking?"

She was tempted to throw another stone his way but let it go for now.

Zazuka was walking around the edge of the lake when she saw her friends skiping stones. She Flicked her wand and made a bubble blue blubble flowt along the water. "Hi all!" She said cheerly.

"Hey Zuka" Andy smiled and skimmed a stone at the bubble narrowly missing it.
"Just as well I'm not the chaser for our team" she said putting her gloved hands back into her pockets and looking at Zuka as she walked towards them.
"What are you up to on this freezing cold morning then?"

Zazuka placed another bubble on the lake surface. "Being freazing cold and streching my legs after hours of looking over notes. My brain is fryed right now but I'll be going back up to study later on. What are you guys doing here on this friged morning?" She asked brightly.

"Just standing around freezing ourselves silly!" Andy smiled, "Brian was just about to tell me his everte thingamajiggy spell. Weren't you Brian?"

Andy didn't turn to look at him but skimmed another stone across the water. She thought this meeting might be strange now as it was the first for all three after Zuka and Andy's heart to heart.

Zazuka was an expirt at hiding her negetive feelings. She still thought that the talk they had would sort it's self out eventually so she didn't want to go into it. "Everte Statum, We learned that in charms before the marking spell which proved a maybe nuts and a half." She said all to quickly.

"so do you guys want to go to Brightstone Village together" Brian asked smiling at the two of them.

Zauzka smiled wide. "Oh we could pick somthings up there. Andy what do you think?" She asked brightly to her best friend.

"hmm.. I don't know, be great to hang out together though just the three of us" Brian said with a bit of a shiver "look around and maybe get some interesting purchases!" Brian said smiling.

"Well like I said I'm in" she smiled pulling her scarf up around her, "I need to go to the Owlery though to send word to my mom or Essie can you come with me. To give the letter to freckles I mean".

She had relayed the question to both of them and waited hoping Brian wouldn't make a big deal about this.

"I go with you" Brian said "but you really should give the letter to Freckles yourself!" Brian said pointedly.

"Thanks Brian but I've tried really, the rest of the owls go beserk and he bites the living daylights out of me" she lifted a gloved hand, "my uncle has done many repairs to this hand you know".

She turned to Zuka, "you'd give the letter to him wouldn't you? It's not that he's scared of normal people just me since... you know!"

"I'll do it but I thought animals usually got along with people like you, Freackls might be your owl I soppose. I need to go up anyway, I want to see which one of the owls Jinx has been herassing to make sure that it doen't have any permanent damage." Zazuka said with a whince. Jinx was geting biger and thought that the smaller owls where more like mice he could stalk.

"Nope other creatures leg it in the opposite direction to me. Anything from a butterfly to an owl it seems what's to stay well away!" Andromeda groaned, she pulled her quill and parchment from the inner pocket of her coat, where they were folded up between the pages of her journal.
Andy sat down on the grass and leaning on her journal began to write a very quick letter.

Dear Mom or Essie,

At this point either of you answering this would be a bonus. We get to go to Brightstone this weekend and I was wondering if you'd like to meet me?
I'd love to see you both but if only one can come that's fine.

Andy

When the note was done Andromeda folded up the piece of parchment and handed it to Zuka. Attempting to get up she slipped on the damp cold grass.

"does she know" Brian asked Andy sitting down along a stone "besides you need to get over the fact, well you know" Brian said matter of factly.

Zazuka took the note then helped Andy up. "Oh, and I thought I was clumsy. I haven't had a laps in weeks have I?" She said tring to remember the last time she had triped. "Are you ok Andy?" She asked.

"Thanks Zuka!" Andy smiled at her friend when she helped her up. She brushed down the mud marks that were now on her coat and wondered how in the world she would get that out, she'd just have to leave it at the end of her bed with a note for the house elves she figured.
"You're not clumsy and I'm fine now thanks again".

Andromeda had noticed how Brian had just walked on and bit her lip. Zuka falling meant him rushing to pick her up, Andy the werewolf meant walk on by. Her face turned puce because she knew this was unfair, her being a WW didn't really bother him.

"Yes she knows Brian" she muttered to his back now that he was well on the path before them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back