Skimming stones

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda wore her winter hat pulled down over her ears and her hair tucked up inside. Her coat was buttoned right up to her neck and her scarf double knotted around that. She wore her gloves too as the weather had changed drastically, her body shuddered against the cold. She was changing and she knew it. This week she was religiously taking her wolfsbane because the full moon was coming soon. Her heart beat fast at the prospect, so far this week she had little sleep. It seemed the phases of the moon controlled her more than just on the full moon. She felt in tune with it and yearned to be under it's gaze. It sounded silly she knew but that was how she felt.

Her skin had paled considerably in the last few weeks since the incident, her freckles were barely visible anymore. Andromeda's eyes seemed a darker amber as well and for reasons she didn't quite understand her hair was growing faster than it ever had before. It was now past her shoulders, she never bothered tying it up anymore either. She preferred it blowing in the wind, today Andromeda felt too cold for that though. She walked to the lake and picking up a few stones, she began skimming them across the waters surface one by one.

Aisyah decided to have a walk at the lakefront. She had woken up in a very bad mood. Early in the morning, she had started a fight with a prefect, made a girl cry and had screamed at a Ravenclaw First Year. She felt like killing herself but she couldn't do it. Not until she's finish with her mission. Aisyah laughed. She didn't have any friends and didn't want one. But she had a snake, called Angelique, named after the girl that she made her new boyfriend dump. Angelique was her boyfriend's ex-girlfriend, the one he just dumped. He hated the world just like Aisyah.

She was breathing in the fresh air and cursing when she noticed Andy skimming stoned at the lake.
"Fancy seeing you on a cold day like this, my dear friend." Aisyah said, rather sarcastically, to start a conversation.

(( Can i join? And are you an approved werewolf? ))

Andromeda turned at the sound of someone approaching and sighed as she saw the Slytherin girl Aisyah.
"Cold mornings are good for freshening the mind" she said simply, Andy continued skimming the stones.
"What brings you out here then?"

((Aisyah...you've certainly changed =\. Is it okay if I join? If not, I'll edit this post.))

Violet had been spending a lot of time down around the lakefront recently. She liked the tranquility of the lake, she supposed. It was here that she had read the incriminating letter from her mother, telling her the truth about her family and her past. Her hand flew to her chest. It was a reflex. Everytime she thought about the letter, her hand went to her heart, or to her wrist, to check that her pulse was there, that her heart was beating normally. I'm going mad, thought Violet, grimly. Some days she just wanted to throw herself in to the lake and never resurface. Some days she was ashamed of herself for thinking such things.
Almost seven weeks in, and Violet still wasn't sure if this was home. She wasn't sure of anything anymore.
She needed to breathe. She needed people to distract her from her thoughts.
Seeing Andy and Aisyah, Violet wanded over to them. "Hey," she said. "Mind if I join you?"

Andromeda smiled as Violet then approached. It seemed the cold weather wasn't enough anymore to keep people in doors.
"Hey Violet" she called to her running out of stones and bending for some more.
"Enjoying the cold?"

(( Violet, I wanted to make my character Aisyah change so it would be more interesting. But she's still friendly though. Haha ))

Aisyah looked at the two girls talking to her. Aisyah smiled. "Violet..long time since we chatted, yeah? How has it been?" Aisyah said, looking at Violet as if she haven't met the girl for a year. Aisyah laughed. "It had only been a week since we last chatted...".

Aisyah's green eyes then shifted to look at Andy. "The cold has invited me here.." Aisyah said, rather vaguely, ignoring the curious looks on her two friends.

((I noticed. Big change though! Not that that's a bad thing =P))

"It has been a long time. I feel about 20 years older." She smiled, ironically. "I do quite like the cold, though. It's so warm at home that I'd never really experienced winter until I came to New Zealand. But it's so beautiful here. The cold just adds to it..." She looked around, thinking. She didn't mind the cold at all. Home was Brisbane, where winter meant 'slightly colder than summer'. Virtually non-existant.

Andromeda smiled and skimmed another stone out into the lake. She wasn't her usual talkative self but who cared. She didn't know Aisyah very well, just from class really. Violet seemed to know her though. Would it be rude of her to walk off and let the two chat, she wondered. No it wouldn't be very polite of her. Andy smiled as the conversation milled about her.

Aisyah laughed. She too, never had experienced the cold. But now she was used to it. "I'm from Singapore and its a tropical country. And just like you, i never experienced the snow but now, i do. And its great!" Aisyah said laughing slightly, surprising herself on how happy her tone was. She had not been happy for a long time.

Brian ran out to the lake wearing all of his winter gear, it hadn't been snowing yet but Brian was sure that it would any day now. He had completely forgotten that he was supposed to meet up with Andy, recent events had clouded his mind. Brian was close to the lake when he saw Andy with two other girls, one was Violet and the other was a slytherin, Brian had to admit Andy had interesting choices in friends. "sorry I'm late Andy!" Brian said catching up to her at last "I was practicing and studying for the exams" Brian said smiling.

Violet smiled. "So, how are you, Andy?" she asked. She'd noticed that Andy had seemed to change quite a bit recently. Violet wasn't one to pry - but she was a little concerned and wanted to know if her friend was okay or not.

Aisyah looked at the Ravenclaw boy. She looked at him and stared. "I believe we haven't met. I'm Aisyah. And beware, sometimes i bite." she said, as she stared at him.

Andromeda heard the girl laugh and turned to look at her. She smiled in doing so, not many students around here laughed she had noticed. She dropped the rest of the stones she was holding and stuffed her gloved hands into her pockets and snuggled down into the collar of her coat and her scarf.
"It gets cold back home but nothing like this" she added to the conversation attempting to be polite anyway.
Andy turned when Brian came running down, sunshine on a cloudy day she thought and smiled at him.
"That's ok Brian" she said, Andy turned to Violet and simply enough said, "I'm good Vi, I'm good"

Aisyah smiled. "So..hows life Andy?" she asked, trying her best to be polite although she didn't want to.

"well we do have charms together" Brian said to the girl a bit coldly "trust me I know a good animal trainer that can help with the biting thing" Brian added with a bit of a smirk, whether she was friends with Andy or not she was still a Slytherin first and formost.

Aisyah snorted. You could at least try to be friendly, Brian! Aisyah wanted to say. But she was determined not to start a fight as she wasn't in the mood.
She decided to ignore the boy. She then turned towards the two girls. "Ready for the exam girls?" she asked.

Andy held out her hand to the girl.
"Aisyah isn't it? sorry we have not been introduced" Andy smiled at her.
An odd mixture stood around the lake now, a member from each house. Andromeda smiled at Brians comment, his sense of humour sometimes went over peoples heads and she hoped Aisyah would not be offended by him.
"Studying hard" she told her, "like everyone else I guess".

I know you're not good, Andy, Violet wanted to say. I may be stupid, but I'm not an idiot. But, she restrained herself. She wasn't nosy. She had no right to ask, or think such things. Instead, she simply nodded. She gave Brian a small smile - since the letter, and the depression of the last week or so, she didn't seem to smile or laugh nearly as much as she used to any more.
"Hey, Brian. Away from your books?" she said with a wink. Violet wanted to do better than Brian in terms of marks, but she knew her chances of doing so were quite slim.

((okay, I've got to go, so just pretend I've gone and thrown myself in the lake or something. Well, maybe just gone back to the castle, actually having said a proper farewell. I could write one in but that would be weird. =P))

"yeah studying alot recently, especially with the advanced stuff" Brian said with a smile, It was interesting to note that the Slytherin and Andy didn't really know each other. Brian gave out a loud sneeze "I hate cold whether!" Brian said blowing his noes with a tissue from his pocket.

Aisyah looked at the boy.

"You better look after yourself, Brian. The exams are coming, and i'm sure you don't want to miss it." she said rather sympathetically, remembering the time she had a really bad cold.

[[rp's start off and build up - we don't all have to do something mad in every rp! :D ]]

Andy turned as Violet suddenly began heading back to the castle. She gave a small gesture of farewell to them before leaving. Andromeda looked at the others.
"Did someone say something to her?" Not sure what had just happened for her to leave so quickly. Brian sneezed and Andy turned to say something but Aisyah made the concerned comment even if it did come off half hearted.

"Bless you B" she smiled instead, "What advanced stuff?"
She wasn't going to tell him just yet that so was she.

"Well I've been practicing the Everte Statum spell along with the Petrificus Totalus one, both of them have gone pretty well" Brian said looking at the lake "it's the Episkey spell I've had no luck with" Brian said with a bit of gloom undertone.

Andromeda looked at him as she was about to pick up some more stones. She jiggled some in her gloved hand before straightening up and settling on one. Andy turned it so the flat was level between her fingers. She skimmed the stone.
"I've only done one of those spells. I don't think I've even heard of the other two" she told him, "You didn't learn those in class that's for sure!"

"well the Everte Statum spell you learn in Charms as for the Episkey spell, you've heard it first hand remember?" Brian smirked, the spell was used by her uncle when Brian had accidently broken Andy's Nose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back