Open Sketching into the night

Violeta Finch

Fashion / Creative / In Love (Guinevere)
OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Straight 16 Inch Sturdy Cedar Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Violeta Finch could not believe that she was a teenager. That meant that she could have access to teenage magazines full of fashion so that she could dress the part. The only issue was that she declined to have anyone too close to her because she didn’t want to socialize with anyone just to fade into the background once she graduated. It would be such a waste of time. Violeta sighed as she walked into the northern, highest point of the tower. She sat down with a notebook in hand. She started to sketch a really fancy gown.

This was how Zoe Katsaros noticed her. She was an Accio intern. While she might not be able to run the yearbook, she could still come up with some amazing layouts. The only person she really conversed with was Zoe, and she felt more open about how she would get butterflies looking at models in amazing out

Shane was wandering as he tended to do when he was out of things to do and with his lack of friends without someone to talk to. The hufflepuff could admit that he perhaps hadn’t had the best start to hogwarts, still so jaded and distant from his new peers and very unwilling to even bother. But it was still better and he was still happier. Lonely was better than being crowded with self absorbed *******s. However he was wandering around the higher parts of the school, just stepping up and down the halls of the school. It was as he did this that he spotted a girl, she was quite pretty, though he wasn’t interested in that sort of thing. But she seemed to be doing something and in the name of maybe getting a few more friends or at least one, he approached her. He put on his friendliest and most charming smile and expression he could muster up and said, ”What are you sketching there?” since it appeared that was what she was doing. And he thought that could’ve a better conversation started than just a hey. Though he wasn’t sure how long he could keep up his facade, the friendly demeanour he was putting on, it dwindled away more and more recently.

Violeta glanced up when she heard some footsteps heading toward her. It was another male, somewhat older. He had asked what she was drawing. Violeta gazed down, losing eye contact for a moment. It was just an outline of a dress. The details were not there yet. Violeta held out the sketch, which was hard to see since she had not darkened the lines of the outside yet. “Just sketching some ideas for a dress.” Violeta didn’t think a boy would be interested in such things. At least he was cute, so she could try to befriend him. It wasn’t like she got out much anyway.

“I’m Violeta Finch. I’m an intern for Accio, the yearbook. I am going to become a layout designer,” Violeta informed the boy, maybe seeing if he had much interest in art or photography. If so, that would be a good start. If not, Violeta would likely struggle to find something else to bond over.

Shane had unsurprisingly never been very interested in fashion, his interests lay elsewhere, but this girl was clearly interested in it, and he could maybe pretend to be interested. The boy was saved from having to ask her questions about that when she introduced herself to him, Violeta, and gave him enough information that he maybe wouldn’t need to talk about the sketching of a dress. ”Shane,” he introduced back forgoing the need for his surname, ”I transferred in at the beginning of the year,” he didn’t know why he said that, this girl wasn’t in his year, so it was unlikely that she would’ve even noticed that he was new to the school. ”How did you get involved in the yearbook?” Shane asked, it was easier to ask about that than the dress sketching, and he had a smile on his face, not quite natural but charming and passable, ”I’ve heard it’s really difficult to get into the Accio team, you must be very talented,” the boy was laying it on a little thick, he didn’t have much interest in photography or in the yearbook, but if she was involved in them, he could pretend to be interested for a little bit. He needed a few people to talk to, he couldn’t keep pushing people away and ignoring others as much as he did.

Violeta nodded when he mentioned his name. Shane. And that he transferred. That was certainly interesting. Why did he come here? What was the other school like? These questions ran through her brain but he went on about the Yearbook. His smile made her feel like he was almost forcing the conversation, but she wouldn't press it. "The Editor-in-Chief found me sketching and just invited me in. I guess she saw talent. She's a seventh year, and lesbian. Pretty too." Violeta shrugged. There was no sign up. Violeta just agreed to join it to expand her creativity. "I'd rather not talk about my extracurricular activity. Shane, you have just moved here. You should probably see the end result to know what it is." Violeta informed rather curtly.

"What does sound interesting would be why you chose to transfer. What school did you go to?" Violeta smiled toward him, and hoped that her good looks might entice him to spill. She preferred to read people, and learning more about them was far more exciting than talking about her job on the side.

Shane wondered why it was important for the girl to tell him that the seventh year who’d spotted her was a lesbian but he shrugged at. He’d been aware of his sexuality for a while, from the first days in school he’d been aware of it. Before hogwarts. The boy had just always liked both. Both had been appealing in their own ways. This girl was pretty and appealing but so could the next boy who appeared, and Shane didn’t want to limit his options. The teen nodded along, perhaps a little startled when she asked about why he had suddenly decided to switch school. The boy frowned at her, his expression changed from the faux charming one he was putting on for her, he didn’t know why people were just so curious as to why he had transfered. He’d told that April girl because she had annoyed him so much that he just wanted to bring her down, but this time around he wouldn’t do that. The boy just schooled his expression and allowed a small smile to appear, ”It’s not an interesting story, I went to a private, very expensive school before and I didn’t like it, now i’m here,” he really didn’t think he needed to go into any further details about it. The teen was sure that she didn’t want to hear about it and he didn’t want to discuss it much with her either. He kept his expression light and a faint smile on his features a little more forced as he wasn’t sure this girl would be worth the effort of lying to if she kept pushing about the reason for his move. ”Do you like Hogwarts?”

Violeta felt that he didn’t want to talk about his old school so she would not push. She did not really care much anyway. Unless she was going to go to that school in the future, only then would Violeta press the matter. Plus the expression he had was far less appealing than the one previously. She would rather see that one again. “Very well. I did not have much choice other than attending to this school. My mother lives here and teaches apparation.” That much wasn’t that much fun since she was too young to even see it.

“My father isn’t exactly what you call around, so I’m not typically friendly toward exceedingly pretty males, so you must excuse my attitude if it shows,” Violeta explained. Her father was part-veela, so naturally, she did not trust them as far as she could throw them. She knew that she was related to the Metzger family, but since none of them sought her out, she didn’t care. “Hogwarts has its ups and downs. Ups would be the lack of snottiness and the downs would be the fact that some people are just annoying. I’m sure you have noticed.”

Shane nodded, he could understand not having much of a choice. His own parents had told him about hogwarts, allowed him to look forward to Hogwarts, it had been their death and his aunt and uncle that had decided to kept him close to school. He was surprised that her mother taught apparation at the school, a class that they wouldn’t do until their respective sixth year, ”That’s cool, do you like that she teaches that? She must also do something else when she’s not teaching,” the boy asked, letting himself force a more friendly and charming smile to the girl, that was easier to bring back as the girl went on to talk about her father, the fact he wasn’t around. Shane couldn’t help that this was a little forward as something to say to someone, ”It’s okay, you don’t need to be friendly towards me,” he glashed as charming a smile as he could manage, ”I’ll win you over with all of my charm and wit,” the boy returned keeping the friendly expression on his face, it was forced, but he was managing to keep it in place. Shane couldn’t help but agree that the lack of snottiness was a definite plus and the annoying people were a down, ”It’s not bad, really. I like it here a lot, way better than my last school. They were both snotty and annoying,” the boy said to her.

Violeta felt that a part of her shared a bit too much but it was too late now. Thinking about her mom, she thought over her job. It was ministry, definitely. “My mom is the head of the magical department and transportation area. She manages that area. I guess that is why she teaches Apparition.” They definitely picked the the right candidate for the job. If anyone could teach students how to apparate, it would be her mom. Shane mentioned how she did not need to be friendly toward him. She nodded softly, ending that comment at that. Last thing she wanted was to seem too bitter, but that was who she was. And she needed to accept it. She did smile toward him over his next comment with winning her over. He could certainly try. “You must have been miserable. I am glad there has been some impovement. Have you made a lot of friends yet?”

Shane nodded along, it made sense to him that this girl’s mother who taught apparition was involved in the transport department, that was a logical leap. Someone had to be certified to teach that, and so for the biggest magical school in New Zealand, it would be someone from the ministry who would teach it. That just made sense to him, he wondered what it was like to have a parent who taught at the school, even in the remote way that her mother did. He knew there were a couple of students who had parents or relatives teaching at the school. He couldn’t imagine anything worse than having his parents breathing over his neck in school, either his actual parents or his aunt and uncle. He hadn’t liked being too close to his aunt and uncle in his last school and he’d just been there on weekends and his parents had always been a mess. ”I am much happier here,” the boy replied letting a little flirty smirk cross his features, ”This place is far less miserable. The people are nicer in every single way they could be, especially you,” he let the flirty expression linger, opting to ignore the question of friends, since he hadn’t really made one firm friend yet, he could flirt, that was easier. That he could do better and easier, that he could do without too much effort. Become friends with someone was infinitely harder.

Violeta would be a fool not to notice the fact that the boy was flirting. And yet, like a typical teenage girl, Violeta definitely enjoyed it. That smirk could almost make her swoon if she had not controlled herself. Violeta allowed a gentle smile to cross her lips, easily highlighting the Part-Veela genes within. It wasn’t like she would charm him. That would not be any sort of fun at all. She wasn’t sure if she even know how. “Is that so? Well, it isn’t hard to be nice to a charming young man like yourself. Kind of cute actually. I’m glad that you transferred. We could use more eye candy around the school.” Violeta nearly surprised herself with how easy flirting came to her. It had to be part of her father coming out since she never saw her mom ever flirting with anyone.

Shane was pleased when she seemed to want to play along with his flirting, he was sure that his smirk to her had had a desired effect, she seemed to be interested in his smile and he was definitely enjoying her smiling and flirting back. It was odd, he felt himself definitely feel a good amount of attraction towards her. She was exceedingly pretty, pretty in a way he was definitely interested in. The boy let a definite knowing smirk on his lips when she called him first charming, and then cute. Eventually settling on calling him eye candy. That he could definitely get used to. This girl clearly liked flirting as much as he did, ”I’m certainly pleased to have transferred too,” the hufflepuff replied, he was leaning towards her a little, bringing them a little closer, he wasn’t sure if this would go too far, maybe she’d be a good friend, but Shane hadn’t ever been particularly good at making friends, being open and honest with people was difficult, this harmless flirting, the playing around, the kissing he could do. The boy smiled, ”You’re beautiful Violeta,” the boy wasn’t lying either when he said it, there was some honest truth in his tone, in amongst the flirting he was doing with her, he let his eyes search her face, lingering a little on her lips and on her eyes, he was sure if she was receptive to this, the flirting might lead to some kissing, which he was game for.

Violeta felt that eye candy was a little much, but it definitely suited him. How in the world did she end up flirting was the question. She did not think she had it in her. It had to be buried and all it took was a cute boy to bring it out of her. She did notice how his eyes were on her lips, and then on her eyes. Was he eager for a kiss? This was after he called her beautiful. Shane was handsome. He was new, mysterious. Everything that a girl could ever want for a small thing. Violeta wanted to kiss him. Her body was screaming at her to just go for it, but something in her paused. He called her beautiful. He called her beautiful. She had even leaned to even kiss him, but a part of her said that it wasn't just her. She turned her head and sighed. "The only reason why I am beautiful is because of my genes. I'm part-Veela." Violeta shrugged her shoulders. Some people were not into that. And she had to say why she looked that way, before she would continue where they were.

The hufflepuff wasn’t too surprised when she appeared to lean in for a kiss, he too leaned in to her. Moving closer and closer to where they were nearly kissing, but she turned her head away from his and spoke. Shane listened and shook his head, he tentatively put a hand lightly upon her face, guiding her back to look at him, ”It’s not the only reason, you are dazzling because you are part-veela. You are beautiful Violeta because of you,” he hoped that would make her see sense, but he thought it wild that she would ever not think of herself as beautiful. He leaned in a little and pressed a light kiss on her lips, he hoped that she would see what he meant, would understand how beautiful she was and how much he wanted to kiss her because flirting was easier with her. He let his lips linger near hears and had a flirty look in his eye, ”I have never kissed a more beautiful person, or part-veela in my life,” it didn’t entirely matter that really Shane hadn’t kissed that many people, he’d kissed a few, maybe more than most people, but he could say with some certainty that she was truly one of the most beautiful people he’d ever kissed.

Violeta hated to turn her head at the last second like she had, but her gut told her to. Sometimes, one had to listen to their gut because it was right over the heart or the brain. However, her blue eyes appeared to shine when his words spoke to her. They definitely did not fall on deaf ears. The flirting really worked with the girl. Then, he leaned in and gave her a light kiss on the lips. It was sweet, gentle, and it sealed the words that she had heard. Her smile spread over her features, her self-esteem rose even more with that. She did not have to really believe that any attraction to her was based on her looks alone, but it certainly helped. Violeta giggled as he said that he had never kissed anyone more beautiful than her. She reached out and touched his cheek, before she said coyly in return, "And may you never find one even more beautiful than me, Shane." She was just joking, and it was evident with her tone. She leaned in and pressed her lips on his a little more firmly than he had. This was her first experience, and she was glad she shared with someone as cute as Shane. She pulled away, a light pink color blushed over her cheeks. "Thank you, by the way. For what you said. You know, I wouldn't mind hanging out with you a little more. If you don't mind that is."

Shane was glad when the little risk of a kiss paid off, he could read in her expression, in her smile that she was listening to his words. Certainly it was wild that she might not believe herself beautiful for her. He didn’t know her, but she was beautiful. At the light joke he chuckled lightly, ”I don’t think I ever will,” the hufflepuff replied with a little smile and thought that would be the end of the exchange when she leaned in again and kissed him more firmly on the lips, he responded in kind, unable to stop himself from doing so. He pulled away at the same time as her. He pulled away further, leaning out from her near entirely, this had pretty much run its course. At her words he nodded, ”I only speak the truth Violeta,” the boy responded. He wasn’t so sure about them hanging out again, if there was more of this, then he wouldn’t mind it at all. But he didn’t think he’d be able to get to know on a personal level. ”Sure, I’d like that too,” he replied, there was a certain level of honesty to his tone, but a small look on his face that it might not actually be, directly contradicting the sentence he had just said before. He forced a smile at her once more, dropping some of the flirty pretence, ”See you around Violeta,” Shane let one last flirty expression cross his features before he walked away from her. He had liked her, she was beautiful and kissing her was lovely, but he would only want to flirt and kiss her and hoped more than she didn’t want anything more, if they were to ever hang out again, in any kind of serious friendship or relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back