Sitting on the street

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam walked Brightstone up and down with nothing better to do. His earphones were in his ears and inside his head he was singing to Muse. He stopped walking and leaned up against a wall, he slid to the ground. Watching people pass, not caring when people gave him looks.

Hoshi was blowing off steam after getting into an argument with Haruhi. ten almost eleven years old and she was already not seeing eye to eye with her mother. Well what did she expect after years of being her buddy to suddenly see her as a authority figure. Hoshi did not do well with authority figures anyway as her teachers in Primary school would tell anyone.

A foot came down on the street to power a muggle skate bored. Hoshi was deeply into muggle sports. She loved Quiddich too but she thought that things like Skateboarding and bikeing where just as fun. She was going fast because she barely noticed that someone was sitting in her way. Not on purpose of course but still he was there. "Head up!" She yelled and just barely sworved out of the way in time. The crash she was sure would not have hurt the boy but Hoshi would have been sent flying.

"Woah!" Sam shouted, maybe too loud. He got up and pulled his earphones out of his ears, he rushed over to the girl. "You okay?" he asked her while giving her a hand. "I eh..like the skateboard." he murmered absent mindily, knowing this was something she probably would not want to hear right now.

Hoshi's smile was big and goofy. "I'm alright. Thanks this one is one of my favorets." She said. Hoishi congratulated herself because she hadn't botched the language again. "Sorry fo almost crashing into you. Hoshi Koshiba Hogwarts hopeful." She said brightly and offered the her right hand while making her skateboard hop into the other.

He took her hand. "Sam Prince, Hogwarts too." he grinned. "Thats a nice trick." he said as she flipped the board up into her hand. "Your hair is quite awesome aswell." he always liked people who had a cool personaility.

Hoshi bowed her head slightly. "Domo Arigato Sam-kun. It was thinking of changing it once I got sorted. It would be so supa cool if I get into Gryffendor because that means that I can do something with a red. I soppos Slytherin wouldn't be to bad eather but I don't know." She said exsightedly. "What house do you want to get into?" She asked finally.

He smiled. "Yeah you wouldn't want to get into Ravenclaw, it'll just stay the same." he smiled. He didn't know what Domo Arigato mean't so he ignored that, "Well, I'm not sure." Inside he wasn't sure. A lot of people just thought he was too timid to say anything or he was stupid. But there was way more depth behind it.

Hoshi realized she had just said something in Japanese. "I had said tank you." She said hitting a 't' sound instead of a 'th' sound. "Well no one really knows until they get tha. I wouldn't do well in Hufflepuff. I have to much temper." She said "Do you ride?" She asked moving her skateboard in her hand a little.

"Oh cool. Are you fluent in Japenese?" Obviously she was idiot he thought to himself.

"Oh, no. I have never tried." His father would never lower Sam down to muggle sports no matter how much Sam wanted to play them. "It looks complicated." Sam said although he had a good balance on his broom he might not be so bad at it.

Hoshi could see that Sam was stuggling a bit. "Japanese is my first language. I've only been learning English for about four months now." She said. It was clear by her thick accent that she was new at English. "Want to learn? It's easy once you get it." She said putting down the wheeled device in front of Sam.

"Really? Your pretty good at it." Sam said honestly. "Fair play to you." he knew english was a hard language to learn. He could barely speak two languages, English and a morsle of French. "Oh Hoshi, I'm not so sure." But she placed the board down, Sam shrugged. "Alright then..." he said sort of excited inside. He got onto it. "Ok, I'm going need step by step instructions!" he grinned.

Hoshi smiled wide. "You already got the first part down. You are on. Now put your right foot on the pavement and push off. Don't be scared when you start to move." She said and posed with Sam as if she where on her board. She also had her hands out to provide a sort of safty net in case he fell. Hoshi had no idea what she was going to do if Sam fell in the other direction but she could try.

"Okay..here I go." he gave her a nervous smile. He hoped it would come to him naturally as he could fly a broom fairly well. He placed his right foot on the pavement. One..two.. "three!" he said out loud and pushed himself off. He scooted down the street. His hair blowing from his face, he was doing it. "Hoshi! Check it!" he called but he was going so fast there was a group of people in front of him. He tried to swirve as Hoshi had done, but couldn't manage. He was getting nearer and neaer. "Oi!" he called to them in his thick london accent but jumped off the board.

"Ouch!" he said, but getting up anyway. He smiled to the people embarrassed and received the board. "Thanks.." he murmured. He walked back slowly to Hoshi. "I bummed." he laughed with her.

Hoshi was clapping and jumping slightly. "Tat was really good though. Try again. I have other boards I don't mind if that one brakes." She said brightly. "You have to lean like this if you want to move the board in any direction." She said moving her body back a bit. "Your feet help too. but you have to tilt them like this." She said moving her feet as if she where on a board. "Tat was really, really good for a first try though." She said again hitting the 't' sound hard.

Sam laughed. "No it wasn't.." he knew turning on all sorts of things took practise, muggle cycle, brooms even skateboards. Sam copied her motion of leaning forward and tried to comprehend her instructions. "One more try. Okay?" he said as he got on the board again. He looked at her in a way of saying, okay lets do this. He was off again at the strong push off. He made sure this time he wouldn't speed up too much. The street was almost empty so he decided he would turn openly in the sreet. He followed Hoshis insturctions land turned sucessfully. He was about to shout to her when he started to wobble. He got off quickly so it wouldn't damage his image. He walked over to Hoshi to return her board.

Hoshi took her board back greatfuly. "Your good. Maybe I can give you one of my skateboards if you don't mind it being a little scuffed." She offered. Hoshi put the bored behind her back and smiled even brighter so that she looked like a cartoon again.

"Erm..No thanks, I think I'll leave you to the skateboarding. But thanks for the offer." Sam said, if he took it he would have been obliged to board with her, which would destroy his image of being the skateboarder who was good on his first try. "How many do you actually have?" he asked her, he wouldn't be surprised if she had said a large number.

Hoshi put a finger to her cheek thinking. "Broken or not broken cuz not broken I have about nine, including the broken ones I have a about 27 more o less." She said thinking back at all the times she had tryed a trick and ended up landing wrong. She had the cast to prove she really did practice a lot and her ripped jeans showed a large nearly healed scab to anyone that would look down.

"What!?" Sam said he actually was surprised. "That. Is. A. Lot. Its quite impressive really." Sam smiled, he had two broomsticks, one was just above the quaility of a toy but the one he occupied nowadays he adored and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Hoshi shrugged. "Whateva, Haruhi let me have them because she likes them too but she doesn't ride. I have only one broom though my pride an joy. My father makes Quiddich gear did I mention that?" She asked. Hoshi again was into all kinds of sports and even made Tohoru play with her when she could.

"What?!" Sam asked amazed. "Y-Your father m-makes quidditch gear? Now, that is impressive!" Sam smiled, he had to admit he was quite obessed with quidditch. "So do you get like a load of free stuff." Sam asked lazily trying to seem more "cool" about it, but instead he was extremely eager to see her answer.

Hoshi shook her head. "The only reason he gave me anything was so I could test some of the new things they have made." She said shrugging. "Though Tohoru and I did have fun playing with some newly enchanted Blugers. They where sopped to be stronger and a little more brutal but we wore them after a bit." She said laughing.

"But that is still awesome!" Sam said still amazed how he would have loved for his dad to make quidditch equipment..if only. "Did you get to try any of the streak series?" Sam asked her excitedly.

Hoshi put her hand on her cheek to try and remember. "Yeah we tryed the prototype to the new one before it went in to production so they could catch any kinks in it. They weren't any so they passes. You could say that Tohoru and I have the final say in what goes out from my father's company." She said thinking. To her it wasn't a big deal. Her father made Quddich gear and her mother styled every Starlet to date. She was used to having parents like that.

"That is awesome! I know I have said that at least 3 times already..but it is!" he laughed. "Whats the streak like? Is it amazing? Have you tried all of them? Oh and..." then he relised he was asking to much questions he stayed quiet till she answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back