Sitting on the Lawn

Liz turned to Ford, and gave a small nod.

"Yes, scapegoat is the word. Thanks."

She grimaced for a moment, then squeezed her hand into a fist, and released it- now coated in blood.

"They followed him to avoid being the bloody victims- in exchange for creating them"

Fia flinched when Liz cut her hand. This really was an intense argument! She remained out of sight though, knowing that Bellatrix was out to get her. She had gotten the witch in trouble several times.

"Luckily," Elizabeth began. "I suddenly feel at ease. If that is the most in-depth remark you could make in response, you truly have no passion for your 'cause'. You even possibly only believe in from parental teachings- I know those can be influential without an incredibly strong mind. Incidentally, that leads me to believe that you wouldn't get much farther than out-right attempts at assaulting muggle-borns in your pro-pureblood campaign."

She reffered to a previous statement, "Lord Voldemort thought of how to use this to his advantage in a stroke of brilliance. You simply listened to your parents, and I assume rant to anyone within hearing distance about it. Which gains you few allies- and a great many enemies."

Elizabeth's face morphed into her usual light smile. "In fact, I suppose now that I've almost challenged you to come forward with something more in-depth than an outright assault, you may try it."

Liz's smile was still in place, although her eyes suddenly seemed to be vacant. "Once you look into things, and think about it beyond what you have, you might believe differently."

Liz took out her handkerchief and shrugged. "All in all, quite interesting to meet you, although I suppose I've met you in several different incarnations throughout the years."

She wrapped the makeshift bandage around her hand.

'Go Liz,' Fia thought, cheering her brilliant friend on inside her head.

"Are you saying that I should look at mudbloods in a diffirent light?" Bellatrix said sounding annoyed.

"Of course not. I'm sure you've heard that from various people throughout your life" Elizabeth stated. "By all means, I'm unsure if you'd even be capable. Then again, if you could prove me wrong on that account, I would be impressed."

Liz waved a hand, "No, I think it would be more appropriate to look at yourself in the same light as them. You might make a few realizations."

Elizabeth smiled at the girl. She'd had a lot of time to think about the whole pureblood schtick. "In all honesty, the main person you'd be helping is yourself."

Elizabeth sighed. She had easy access to her wand, and had been practicing stunning spells, but hopefully it wouldn't come to that. Elizabeth looked at Bellatrix. Bellatrix might be right, she might be wrong. Liz disagreed with her. So did much of the Hogwarts environment. Bellatrix wouldn't make herself any friends this way.

"Tell you what." Liz said to Bellatrix. "I'll apologize if you agree to come to The Three Broomsticks with me at some point in the nearish future. I can't say if you're right or wrong- it's not for me to decide." Liz smiled. "Let's see if you can convince the unconvincable." she grinned, and said, "After all, your Lord of Darkness might have been able to, as he did with others."
Liz didn't think she could ever be swayed from her current view of muggleborns. She did, however, want to hear Bellatrix's opinions.

Ford was torn. He didn't know if he should stand by his housemate, or take the side with which he agreed. Having been around politicians for a greater part of his life, he knew that what Bellatrix was doing was bad. Muggle leaders had called it political or social suicide. And the social guidelines of this situation were unknown to Ford. He didn't know how students behaved when a housemate was acting such a way; he didn't know all the facts, and that bothered him. Ford had learned to appreciate the intricacies of politics and found violence rather base, he had hoped that wizards were above such things. The only way he could keep this from coming to blows was to take up on Elizabeth's offer, "The Three Broomsticks sounds like a good idea. We could have some good debate." Ford would have to look into this whole 'Voldemort' thing and get all the facts. It was obvious that to Bellatrix he was a god; and quite the antithesis for Elizabeth.

Pungahn finally got her nerve back and stood up next to the two arguers. "why don't we make a deal. Bellatrix, you wont bad talk mixed blooded anymore and we won't say that name. does that seem fair to everyone?" Pungahn looked around at all their faces to see who agreed or not. "We are all entitled to our opinions, but that doesn't meeen we have to argue about it like this."

Personally Fia thought Pungahn's idea was good, but she knew even before Bellatrix spoke that the Slytherin would not take it. Fia waited to see if Liz would agree to Bellatrix's request.

Elizabeth smiled at Bellatrix. "I suppose I can do my best with that." she thought for a moment. "I can agree to not insult, but I will likely continue to use his (altered) name. There's also a very slim chance I will compliment him on anything but political effectiveness."

"Also," Liz added. "If you could at least make an attempt at avoiding the word 'mudblood' in my presense, then I'll pay for your first two drinks."

She thought for a moment about what Pungahn said. She agreed, it would be fair. The only problem was that fair isn't always an option.

Elizabeth grinned. "So, to The Three Broomsticks then?"

"Well I am not going to at all make any attempt to not call them what they rightfully are, Mudbloods but if you still want to go then maybe." Bellatrix said.

Elizabeth nodded. "Alright, if you could make an effort to refrain for at least the time we spend in the Three Broomsticks, I'd be impressed."

She smiled "When would you like to go?" she asked.

Liz turned to Ford. "Were you coming as well?" she asked. An interesting boy by all means.

"Let me know whenever you're ready." Liz said.

An interesting talk was in store.

"Anyhow," Liz changed subjects, "Nice weather we've been having. I'm quite partial to sun"

"Lets just go tonight, 10:00." Bellatrix said.

ooc: So we can just go like now in this thread and say it's 10 or whatever.

"Sounds good" Liz grinned. "I'll meet you there."

She nodded to the others. "Feel free to come along, if you'd like."

Bellatrix walked toward Hogsmaid muttering about how she can't beleive that she is actually going with a Griffindor.

ooc: You can start it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back