Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Madlyn
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragons Whisker
Chay was to spend the day accompanying his farther to the shops to get some seeds and fertiliser. he wasn't particularly happy about that as whenever they went into Salem there were people there who just stared at him, children pointed like they hadn't seen someone over nine foot tall before. He understood why people pointed him out. he was different, a novelty, but he had never liked it, he just wanted to fit into a crowd. Although it was a warm summer day his huge body was still clothed in a hoodie and long pants, covering him up, like a physical barrier around him comfort layer.
He had a bit of time on his own in order to do some shopping, but seeing as he was planning on changing schools for his final year next year, there wasn't much he needed, although he had grown a bit recently he just tended to stretch his clothing as opposed to getting new things as nothing came in his size anyway and needed to be stretched. as for school supplies he didn't know what school he would be at the next year, so there was no point getting anything. instead he went to a book shop and perched a book on engines then he got himself a super large milkshake and sat down on a bench watching the world pass by. he took a large mouthful of the strawberry flavoured drink. thinking of where he wanted to go. he would love to slip into the muggle part of the town, and visit a DIY store or mechanics but he knew he would never be able to. not without distracting more attention than normal. at least in the wizarding world there was some part of being able to expect the unexpected to a degree, but muggles, not so much. after a few minutes he took his book and started flipping through the pages, looking at the diagrams.

Kayden was never much a fan of the hot summer days they saw in Salem. He'd much rather be on the beach rather than being in town. He hadn't gone home yet because he had to go through an orientation to becoming Hall Monitor, which was Salem's term for Prefect. The magical world here was hidden just as nicely as on the in London. Kayden himself was never sure why wizards in the past choose this place but he did have to laugh at the muggles who thought they had gotten rid of all witches in the city.

Having a break from the activities he went down into the Wizard City connected with Salem for the rest of his day instead of staying up at the school. Walking around he noticed the ice cream place was finally open for summer buisness with all of their magically unique flavors. Buying a pumpkin pastie ice cream cone he set off back down the street in search of something to do.

Chayton had just finished his drink, as he drunk he was thinking about the Jeep that was sitting in the workshop at home he tried to remember what he needed to do to it over the summer for it to be running smoothly. what he needed to get (and by that what he needed Harry to get from the muggle town, oil, spark plugs, and a few other things. soon the cup was empty and after a couple of minutes mentally going through what he needed to do to the car he got up to put the cup into the bin on the other side of the road. as he was walking over he saw a boy who was eating a rather orange coloured ice cream.
Chatyon was wondering what the flavour was that he wasn't paying attention as to what he was doing and he lightly bumped into the boy, who looked about the same age a him. "I'm so sorry" he mumbled looking down at his feet. "I should really concentrate where I'm going" he said expecting the boy to shout a stream of insults at him commenting on his size, over large clothing, both sides of his heritage or something else about him that could be used as an offence. he slouched under his hoodie a move that made him feel smaller though at nine foot three that wasn't going to make much difference.

Kayden looked up as someone bumped him making him loose the top half of his ice cream to the ground. He was suprised at the height as which the person was. The guy next him towered over everyone here, he believed he had to be atleast over 9 feet all together. He backed up a few steps in order to see the person in full. By his face Kayden assumed he wasn't that old for a giant, but then again he wasn't sure how they aged exactly. After all some wizards could live well into their one-hundreds, much longer then the typcial muggle. "Uh, yeah, um. No problem actually it was quite alot of ice cream for me anyways," Kayden replied back glancing at the ice cream on the ground that was now melting down do to the heat. "You're a giant aren't you?" He questioned the taller boy after regaining his mind from shock of the height of the guy in front of him. Kayden had never actually met a giant before so it was cool and suprising for him to meet one now in the Magic district of Salem.

Chay looked down and saw that the boy had dropped some of the orange ice-cream. "I am so sorry" he said looking down the orange blob that was turning into a puddle. he was sure tht the boy was just being polite when he said that it was a lot of ice cream for him anyways. but to him it looked like only a small amount.
when the boy asked i he was a giant he shook his head. "no, well sort of, I'm quarter" he mumbled deciding that the boy didn't seem like the kind to make fun of him, in fact he seemed quite nice. "I am chayton, but people call me chay" he said slightly more clear than before but still mumbling slightly. as he said that he offered the boy his hand to shake hoping that he would introduce himself in return. maybe he would even make a friend, he really did need one. as at his school he was pretty much classed as a looser and despite his size this was due to his like of muggle machines, and his general lack of self confidence elsewhere.

"Well, yeah. You're not exactly twenty feet tall," Kayden responded to the taller boy after waving off the sorry about the ice cream. He did mean it when he said it was to much. After all only certain people cold stand the taste of pumpkin inlarge amounts and he wasn't one of them. He himself was jsut under six feet tall and so he was jealous the height of the guy in front of him. Oh easy some muggle sports would be for him, not even counting in the fact that most would be very intimidated by the height and get nervous. It would be an awesome thing, but Kayden supposed that it was also a burden. After all like Muggle-Borns or even Muggles, and other creatures in the magic world, Giants and those descendants have been looked down upon for many many years. "I'm Kayden, most call me Kay or Red. Some of my teammates call me Wolfie to freak other teams out if you know what I mean," he said with a wink. "Not that I am that is," he said with a laugh before the guy had the chance to process what he said and freak out. Most of the other teams who heard the nickname instantly thought werewolf and stayed as far away as possible from him for the rest of the game. Classic fear tatic the Salem players enjoyed to use.

Chayton smiled weakly at the Kay's comment on not being twenty feet tall. "thank goodness for that. I don't think I would leave the house if i was." he said actually starting to feel comfortable around the boy. although he was cautious around strangers if they were nice he generally get used to them pretty quickly. as the boy waved away his apologies he nodded in thanks. "well great to meet you Kayden. or Kay." he said a little surprised that the bey was called wolfie at times. he didn't look like what Chay expected a werewolf to look like. he looked to normal. not that he had met a werewolf before, or not that he ever really intended to. but even if the boy was one he didn't feel the need to judge him for it. not after what he was.
thankfully the boy winked to suggest that he wasn't causing chay laugh slightly. "sounds like a good but unusual tactic. is there any reason for wolfie other than to freak out the opposing team? " he said assuming that the boy was talking about a quidditch team that he played for as that that was the most popular sport in the wizarding world.

Kayden laughed at his comment, in his head he tried to imagine some twent foot tall giant sitting in a house were cieling heights were usually around eight to ten feet in height. Then he thoughts about the boy here wondering how on earth he managed to get inside a house. Though if he was a quater then whichever parent was had to be even taller, so prehaps they had a special house built for them. Kayden shook the guys hand with his right as customary for American's when they meet someone. "Ah well, that's because my name is actually utkwëhtææ'ê' utháyôni, or Red Wolf," he told the guy not really minding if any one over heard him. He was proud to be part Native American and never let anyone put him down because of it.

Chayton was could see that the boy was thinking about something and it made him feel a little uncomfortable. he started to fidget with his hands. glad when he started to speak again, he was a little surprised that he was native too. "really you are native? I hadn't guessed. I am too, not fully obviously." he said quietly bowing his head slightly as he spoke. holding onto his left elbow with his right hand. deciding that he may at least try and be sociable he looked at the boy briefly before looking back at the floor. "where about do you go to school. I haven't seen you around orion" he said still a bit of a mumble in his voice.

Kayden's face scrunched up as the tall guy said he didn't even think of it. The shorter boy got that a lot, he was positive that him and his younger sister were the only blondes on the reservation. "Yah, only half though. Got a white father who who know was blonde and blue eyed," he said with a laugh. He was suprised to hear that Chayton was Nativer American as well. It was odd to meet another like himself outside of the reservation and in the middle of the Wizard part of Salem no less! "Orion? I go to Salem Magic," Kayden told him wondering about where in the world this Orion school was. And why he hadn't heard of it before, but he figured maybe it was newer like Hogwarts New Zealand.

Chay nodded as Kay said that his farther was white. that explained why he didn't look native then. "well my dad is and my mom was half" he said not needing to describe what the other part was. The guy didn't seem to sure on where Orion was, deciding to clarify he spoke about it. "It is an all boys wizarding school in alaska, though I am hoping to transfer this year" he said. as soon s he had met madlyn e had heard about her school in new zealand he had thought is had sounded a lot better than his, a lot less narrow minded and had written and asked if he could transfer the next year. the had replied with a load of forms which had taken a while to fill out and he was waiting on the news as to if he was successful or not. he hoped that he was, as right now he was in a sort of limbo not wanting to get the new things for his next year at orion but also not knowing if he should get things for the new school. he looked at his watch he still had over an hour before he had to meet harry and he didn't need to get anything. "seeing as you are a local what is there to do around salem for an hour?" he asked he surprisingly felt comfortable around the guy which was odd for him as he usually felt awkward around strangers.

OOCOut of Character:
Speaking of odd things, not that we were to begin with but Kayden had been in Hufflepuff :p

Kay and Chay seemed to be quite an interesting match up the teenager believed. Not only did their names rhyme they seemed to have things in common about them. "You're more Native than me, but I bet you don't like on a Reservation like I do when I'm home," he stated not boasting or anything of the sort. It was actually hard for him to be on the Reservation when he was younger and he knew it was the same for his younger sister Indiana. Neither of them looked it but they were a part of the tribe because their mother had been Native. They got picked on and teased for taking after their father and for not being fully Native American. "Well you seemed to already got food down. But I beat you need a bit more food to power your muscles then most do," he said with a laugh hoping the boy didn't take offense to it. It was just eversince Kayden joined Quidditch he had also taking up an interest in the body and how it works, like muscles and tendons and all that jazz. "I suppose you wouldn't want to go out to the Muggle side of town?" He asked figured the tall teen wouldn't really blend in well with the shorter humans surrounding him there. At least in the Magic world he didn't nearly stand out as much, though he did seem plenty clumsy enough to stand out even if he wasn't part giant.

OOCOut of Character:
That is awesome. I had forgotten what house he had been in, if i was to have guessed i would have said the lions like his sister. but go hufflepuff

chay shook his head when Kayden sad that he was more native than him. maybe he was more native but he sure as hell was less human and surely that would count for more but he didn't say anything he was one who tried to avoid arguments at all costs. "no I like living on the reservation. I sued to lie in a muggle town until I was about 10 when i got so freakishly large we had to move away. I know i am big on the reservation too but there are far less people and they got used to me. so they don't stare at me any more" he said. he had always hated when people stared at him. he quickly looked around and saw a few groups of people quickly look away as if frightened to be caught looking at someone so large as if he would hurt them for it. he wouldn't he wouldn't hurt a fly but people generally didn't see it lie that, but when they had worked that out at his last school then they had used it to their advantage making fun of him for just being him not that he wasn't already uncomfortable enough in himself. he sighed slightly slouching again trying as best as he could to make himself look smaller but it really didn't work.
when the boy said it looked like he had already eaten he shook his head he hadn't had anything but his milkshake since breakfast and that was hours ago. "no I haven't eaten yet. I was just going to get some bread and ham." he said. then he would make simple ham sandwiches. he want one for fancy food as the boy was right he did eat a lot as he was so big, and fancy food always cost a lot. so he usually brought his own or bought something simple.
at the mention of the muggle side of town he smiled. "I would love to look at the muggle side of town but I can't go there. not any more. which is a shame as i need to ask a mechanic how to fix the air con in the jeep" he said. the air con had stopped working the other day and he wanted it to be perfect working order for his dad when he left for school.

Kayden was suprised when the boy said he also lived on a Reservation, he hadn't ever met anyone outside his own that did, besides the other Iroquis tribes that is. "Really you do? Well I guess it would be hard for you to live with muggles. Most of the people in mine are Magic or at least know about it," he said shrugging his shoulders. He had grown up knowing others who were magic, but most of the kids these days weren't and therefore it was starting to be odd to be a wizard. But everyone still knew about the magic world. "Bread and Ham? Why not just get a nice large sub, those are always good. And some Boston Cream Pies, since the city is so close we get plenty of good food from there in the neighborhood," he said to the taller boy. Kayden just nodded as the guy agreed he couldn't quite walk into the muggle side of town. He didn't know much about cars so he couldn't really help the guy there. He thought that one of his teammates had a father who was into the muggle inventions but he couldn't remember.

Chayton nodded when Kayden asked is he was from a reservation. "yes. Solen, in the standing rock reservation, north dakota" he mumbled pretty sure that this guy wasnt going to track him down and vandalise the house, but still not 100% comfortable talking to other people. "most of the people in mine are muggle." he said. his farther had been muggle born and as he had spent a lot of time with muggles as a consequence. chay shook his head when Kay suggested a sub he frowned slightly he knew what one was but he had never had one, mainly because he and his dad dint have loads of money and he usually ended up saving his share to spend on gadgets, or parts or tools. so he usually only ate basic food. but seeing as he most likely wouldn't be needing to buy new air filters or anything today, and putting the thought of new school uniforms and books out of his mind, (one of his neighbours needed their tractor fixed his payment form that could buy his school things). "Okay if you know where to get one I will have a try at a sub" he said cautiously.

Kayden passed a grin as the boy explained his own Reservation, it was actually really cool. He hadn't ever met a person from a tribe in the west, he only knew those from New York. But he understood what the boy had meant when he explained that his was mostly muggle. Kayden's grandmother had told him that the tribe up north across the border in Canada was mostly muggle as well. "That's understandable," he replied knowing that muggles out numbered wizards in the world. He noticed the frown on the taller boy's face and wondered what it was about. He didn't think that he had said anything wrong, it was just a suggestion of something to eat. Running his hand through his hair he was glad when the tall guy agreed to the food. "Haven't you ever had one before? Even just a home made one?" Kayden asked as he began in the direction of the sub shop.

Chay bowed his head when Kayden said that it was understandable, that most of the people in his reservation were muggle. he hadn't thought about the possibility that there was places where there were groups of different wizards living together. there were a few on his reservation but not many. "I may have had one at home. what's the difference between a sub and a sandwich?" he asked not 100% sure on the difference. he knew that subs were long but the exact differences he wasn't certain on. he followed him down the road making sure that he didn't bump into anyone or stand on anyones feet. he slouched as he walked, and tried not to look at anyone. his eyes moving from the floor to the storefront to the distance. he was used to doing this as it was a way he had learned years ago to ignore the people staring at him as even at the age of eleven he was the tallest person in his school. deciding to at least try and make conversation he glanced at the boy as they walked. "so what do you do in your free time?" he asked her words merging together the words slightly. still not quite fully comfortable being around other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back