Sitting By the Lake

'Sure but just for clarification, i will probably drown you,'she joked with a grin.

"Oh haha" Ellie said laughing, then "On your marks, get set, to the other end of the lake. Go!"

Ginny laughed before she dived under the water and swam fast but calmly under the water. She felt weightless under the water which is why she loved it as much as flying. She had swum at least half the way before looking up, getting some air. She looked round for Elliie smiling.

Ellie watched as Ginny dived under and done the same.
Coming uo for air she seen Ginny smile at her and grinned before going back under and continuing to swim, her feet flapping behind her.

Ginny slid under the water again and swum quickly with her arms by her sides. She felt tired though after a while, wanting to sleep some more since she had had a bad night last night. She swam to the end in about 7 minutes and surfaced. Sitting in the shallow end, she looked round to see if Ellie had got there yet. She smiled and closed her eyes breifly.

Ellie was swimming along peaefully when she felt something furry rub against her leg. Opening her mouth to sream it filled uo with water and she had to surface again. There was no sighn of Ginny and Ellie didnt want to know what the thing had been so she dive back under and swam till she felt the edge of the lake.
Coming to the top she realised Ginny had gotten there first.
"What lives in the lake?" She asked, the jought of the furry thing coming back to her.

Ginny heard a difference in the waves. She opened her eyes and saw Ellie arrive.
'Obviously. You'll get the usual; fish and eels and merpeople. And then you get strange creatures shaped like twigs or seaweed and the giant squid.'she answered remembering what she saw all the time apart from the squid.

"Aaah" Ellie said, she had heard of the giant squid.

'So what's the forfeit?'Ginny asked menacingly but jokingly. 'Or shall we just let you get eaten by the squid?'

Ellie laughed and said, "I dunno, you can think of it" Raising her eyebrows at Ginny.

ginny laughed. 'Well, I think this'll do it,'Ginny said taking her hands and sending a huge splash to Ellie.

Ellie gasped as her hair and face dripped with water.
"Ginny" She squeled, wiping her face and sending an evem bigger spalsh to Ginny, before poking her tongue out and swimming off.

Ginny recieved a bigger splash in her face and swallowed some of the water. She shook her head trying to get rd of the taste. 'hey come back here,'Ginny joked, diving in the water after ellie. She knew she could see better in the water and swam deep till she was under ellie. She grabbed her legs and pulled her under the water gently but firmly.

Ellie jumped a little in the water as she was pulled, turning around she realised it was Ginny and laughed to herself. She hadnt known she was behind her.
After being pulled deeper into the water she wriggled free and surfaced, laughing and spluttering.
"Its freezing now" Ellie said suddnely, being under the water she hadnt felt it, but it was getting darker and colder outside.

'Really? It's just the same to me. Nice and warm,'Ginny said, after surfacing. She grinned. 'Let's swim back then if you're finding it cold,'Ginny offered.

"Really" Ellie asked, she was finding it a bit chilly. "Guess your from Australia though" She said smiling. Excepting Ginnys offer and swimming back

'Doesn't matter.'Ginny objected and swam back with her, walking out and wiping her bare feet against the grass. 'C'mon slowcoach,'ginny joked as she watched Ellie get out. She did look very cold.

Ellie laughed as she got out the water and said, "Sorry, I didnt mean to offend you or anything, i meant youre used to warm weather ad seeing the warmer side of things. While im from rainy London" While drying her feet on her cloak.

Ginny smiled. 'Don't be stupid. You didn't offend me. I ussually find most things warm or hot though.'she said, patting her hand against her trouser pocket, making sure her wand was there.

Ellie smiled, glad that she hadnt. "Are you as hungry as me?" She asked Ginny, hearing her Belly rumble and thinking of dinner in the great hall.

Ginny laughed. 'Absoloutely starving,'Ginny answered. She knew she wouldn't be able to eat much but she had a small hope that she could eat more.

Ellie laughed, "Coming up to the Great Hall" She asked dreaming of Tomato soup and crutons.

'If you want.'Ginny said, slipping on her worn trainers. 'Lead the way, just don't trip up on some soup,'she joked.

"Okay Dokey" Ellie said laughing before pulling her cloak on and ringing her wet hair out, it wasextra curly as shed just gotten out the water!
Tripping a little she made sure Ginny hadnt seen before starting to make her way up to the castle!

Ginny resisted to chuckle as she saw Ellie trip but she quickly looked back to her trainers like she hadn't seen anything and then got up and followed her, not bothering to tie her laces properly. 'So, what were you dreaming of just then?'she asked jokingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back