Sitting By the Lake

Ellie Sparks

Wand
Maple 12 3/4 Inches with Essence of Silver Thistle
Ellie walked down to the lake and sat on the grass, breathing in the salty air.
It was a beutifull day and she had been out flying on the Quidditch pitch for most of it, but then came down to sit as the sun set.
Slipping off her shoes and socks she dipped her feet into the lake, it was freezing but calming. lovely she thought, looking around at the scenry.

Cyndi decided to go out by the lake. She never spent as much time outdoors as she liked, and seeing as though she didn't have that much schoolwork, Cyndi decided that now would be as good a time as any to enjoy the day. As Cyndi walked down to it, she saw a fellow Gryffindor already there and decided to stop and say hi.

"Hi...it's Ellie, right?" Cyndi said hoping that she had remembered correctly. "Mind if I join you?"

"Hi" Ellie said smiling up at the girl who had spoken, "Yeh its Ellie, And youre Cindy?" She asked grinning, she had met the girl only once before at breakfast, "Yeh sure you can join me" Ellie told her.

Cyndi sat in silence for a few moments, then she sat up and said "I simply love coming down here as the sun sets. Isn't it beautiful?"

"Yeh, its wondefull" Ellie said looking over the sparkling waters, it was simply gorgouse.
"So anyway, how are you finding it back at school?" She asked, she knew Cindy was a few years higher than she was and wanted to get to know her better.

"Oh, things are going pretty well...easier than I thought it would be. I'm sure in a few weeks though things will be different." Cyndi smiled at Ellie. "How about you. Are you enjoying your first year so far?"

"Good" Ellie said smiling, then "Yeh, im loving it so far, its been brilliant" answering Cyndi's question truthfully. She loved it at Hogwarts.

"That's great." Cyndi said. "I love it here too. When I first came, I was a little homesick, but now this is my home away from home." Cyndi smiled and then said "Well...I'm famished so I think I'm going to head up to the school for a bite to eat. See you later." Cyndi finished and then she got up, dusted off and got ready to walk back to the castle.

Ellie grinned and said "Bye Cindy" and waved till she was out of sight.

ginny had been swimming in the lake when she surfcaced agin and started swimming to the edge when she noticed someone was sitting there now. 'Hi Ellie,'Ginny waved as she swam her way there fast and tredded the water. 'How are you?'she asked.

"Hey Ginny" Ellie said grinning at her. "Im good, just enjoying the sunshine, yourself?".

'that's nice. I'm just enjoying the warmth of the water,'Ginny replied, getting out of the water and wringing her baggy clothes, which ever used to be that baggy before. She smiled as she sat down. 'so have you get any assignments to do?'she asked.

"Nope, just study for exams, you?" She asked. She wished she did have an assighnment to do, she strangely liked doing them!

'nothing. Just relax and enjoy the cold,'Ginny answered, laughing. She felt the breeze against her and it was nice and refreshing though there wasn't much difference in the temperature to her. 'How you feeling about the exams then?'

Ellie laughed along with Ginny before answering, "I excited but nervouse. I think ill do really bad but i just want too see what there like. Ive never had big proper exams before. How are they?" She asked, realising Ginny would have already taken some.

'Really? I didn't feel excited.'Ginny said, jokingly. 'Well, there really scary and if you do something wrong you get jinxed and made to do it all over again,'Ginny answered seriously, waiting for a reaction.

"Oh my god" Ellie said, looking down at the water edge, She wasnt liking the idea of exams now.
"Are you kidding?" She asked Ginny.

Ginny burst out laughing at her reaction. She put her hand over her mouth trying to calm down. 'I'm so sorry. I couldn't resist.'she answered.

"Oh haha, very funny" Ellie said pushing Ginny back into the water.

Ginny smiled innocently before getting herself pushed back into the water. She went right under before pushing herself back up, coughing the water back up. She laughed before coughing again. Her throat was sore but she didn't really mind. 'What was that for?'she asked finally, staying in the water which was just the same.

"Getting me scared" Ellie said, laughing. "The water nice?" She asked Ginny.

'Very.Why don't you come inside then?'Ginny said, her smile crooked now. She swam closeer to Ellie waiting for her answer.

"Alright" Ellie said, walking over to a deeper end of the lake and jumping in.
Swimming up tp Ginny she asked "Do you swim often". Tying her wet hair up into a bun.

Ginny laughed as Ellie jumped in. 'Loads but not as much as flying. Do you?'Ginny asked back.

"Havent swum in ages actually" Ellie said before going under the water and swimming a lap.
Coming back to Ginny she asked "Want to race" A grin on her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back