Sitting by her lonesome self...

Tasanee Ming

Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Tasanee was sitting in her dorm room, on her bed, feeling rather glum, believe it or not-she missed Amarante. Nee had heard rumors of a distant little Slytherin girl, that who fit Amarante's description in appearance and personality, nothing bad, just that she was odd and distant. No one could remember her name, or pronounce it, so she had to assume it was her, this made Tasanee laugh slightly. It was known between the two girls that Amarante disliked people that couldn't pronounce her name-but Tasanee believed it was people in general- and that Tasanee didn't care for people that gave her irritating nicknames to hide the fact that they couldn't pronounce her name.

Tasanee sat up deciding that she had quite enough of sitting around doing absolutely nothing. Tasanee looked around the room and sighed, she had yet to find a room mate. Tasanee shook her head slightly as she stood up and took out her clothes out of her trunk, she was avoiding packing. Tasanee took out some dark wash jeans and a loose fitting, harlequin green shirt, she had purchased in a muggle town in China, while visiting some family.

When changed Tasanee looked into the mirror and the very first thing she saw where her azure blue eyes- they danced, like they normally did and Tasanee sighed silently. She was not vain in the least but the one thing she truly disliked about herself were her eyes-well it really was her tattoo, or branding as she liked to call it. All of the girls in her family had to have one, the boys, they got a choice. So far none had disappointed the Ming family. The tattoo was of a small green dragon on her lower arm.

Tasanee shook her head to rid herself of these thoughts and pulled her hair up into an organized bun, when Tasanee felt she was presentable she walked out of her dorm room and her common room, getting some confused smiled on her way out-they had obviously met and/or heard of her sister.

The young Gryffindor continued to walk along each of the corridors, taking in her surroundings as best she could, she didn't want to get lost on the first week of classes and end up getting late or worst, missing her class. As Tasanee walked she soon found herself in the Entrance Hall.

Nee looked around her curiously, hoping to find some sort of sign to tell her where to go, just then a large group of Slytherin students pushed past her coldly, sneering something she didn't catch or understand. Tasanee of course took this as a sign to stay in the castle and go into the great hall. Nee walked took the large, heavy wooden doors and pushed it open with all her strength-which unfortunately wasn't much.

When it was open Tasanee let out a grin at this and then her eyes danced as she looked around her surroundings, this was probably one of the most beautiful rooms in Hogwarts-that she had been in. Tasanee came back to reality and shrugged her shoulders and walked over to the Gryffindor table. Tasanee took a seat to herself, not hungry at all, but wishing they had some Suki(sp?), it had soon became one of her favorite drinks from her short trips to Japan.

Austin walked into the Great Hall, just exploring the castle. He didn't feel much to eating or drinking anything. His vibrant green eyes scanned the area, searching the Ravenclaw table. Austin was about to take a seat, when he saw a girl by herself, at the Gryffindor table. At first, he ignored her. But then again, his inner friendliness told him that he should go join her. Austin bit his lip, but at least he was a nice guy and all. He smiled to himself and approached her.

Of course, he didn't sit at the table, but tapped her shoulder lightly to receive her attention. Austin had a friendly look on his face, and smiled at the girl. He asked in his smooth, polite voice, "Any reason to why you are alone?" He wondered whether he would recognize the girl, but he didn't.

Tasanee jumped slightly when someone tapped her on her shoulder, part of her had been expecting it to be that mean group of Slytherins. Tasanee slowly turned her head towards the boy and blushed when she realized he wasn't going to do anything to hurt her or make fun of her, or he didn't look like he was going to-appearances can be deceiving.

Tasanee smiled softly at the boy and her blue eyes sparkled joyfully as she spoke in her awkward and choppy Thai accent, "I don't know many people, and the people I do, I haven't seen them since December, but now I'm not, unless you were just asking and plans -planning to leave." Tasanee bit her tongue when she fumbled up her English, it was a very hard language. Tasanee bowed her head politely to the boy after a moment of silence.

Austin saw her blush, and it formed many questions in his mind. Although, he thought it would be rude to ask any. He took a seat beside her, and gave her a smile, after hearing her speak. However, he could not figure out where that accent came from. His mind wondered, once again.

Austin nodded, "I know the feeling. Most of my friend are in France, but I have made some here and there in the school." Austin introduced himself, feeling silly not having done so already, "I am Austin Devearux, first year Ravenclaw. What's your name?" Austin glanced around, and wondered if it was against the rules to mingle and mix houses together. Not that it mattered to him.

Tasanee smiled at Austin and she said, "It's a pleasure to meet you Austin, I'm Tasanee Ming." Tasanee polietely bowed her head then she said, "I'm in my first year and in Gryffindor." Tasanee gave Austin a soft smile and moved over obviously offering the boy a seat next to her.

Austin smiled, "Pleasure to meet you, Tasanee." He also bowed his head slightly, trying to get used to the culture. "Gryffindor, hm? I sure hope none of the others would dislike me for sitting here, considering I am a Ravenclaw. Are you looking forward to classes?" Austin knew that he was. He and his girlfriend both were. His favorite though, would more than likely be Charms or Herbology, even though the professor is creepy enough.

Tasanee smiled at the boy then she said, "Don't worry, I don't think any one will be mad at you, as long as it isn't at the Slytherin table, I hear they aren't the nicest of people." Tasanee smiled at Austin. "Oh very much so, do you have a class you are looking forward to?" Tasanee asked nicely.

Austin chuckled, and took a glance at the Slytherin table. He grinned at her, "That's what I have heard too, but then again, we shouldn't judge by the house." He was about to add that his cousin is in Slytherin, but he didn't. Austin thought for a moment, "Charms and Herbology. What about you?" Knowing the first year Ravenclaw boy, he would look forward to them all, but he limited to two for now.

Tasanee nodded in understanding and said, "Oh I know, to be perfectly honest I haven't got a clue what each house means what other then that Ravenclaws are supposed to be intelligent, and my sister is in Slytherin, so I'm not going to judge." Tasanee gave Austin a smile then she said, "Oh god, what will I not like is the question? Actually I'm pretty sure I'm going to like them all."

Austin chuckled. He knew what she meant. He didn't know much either. "I was actually about to go to another school until mom moved us here. So, Hogwarts houses is blank to me." He added, "I think my little sister will get Slytherin. Mean as a snake." He wrinkled his nose. Austin replied, "Ah, so you must have a little Ravenclaw in you. Seems like it. I hope I actually love them all, or else I won't pay any attention."

Tasanee smiled and said, "I wouldn't say Amarante is mean, she is just distant and has a thing against muggleborns." Tasanee blushed in embarrassment as she admitted this. "That's funny, the hat said I have absolutely none in me, but that doesn't matter now does it?" Tasanee smiled nicely at Austin.

Austin thought for a moment, "A problem against muggleborns? Aleyha has that issue too. Although, unlike your sister, she is mean. Not just to me, but to everyone but her snake." He shrugged. "The hat can also be wrong as well. No, it doesn't matter though." Austin couldn't really remember what the hat said to him.

Austin shook his head and politely declined, "No thank you." He moved his hair from his green eyes that fell into his face. Austin sighed and asked, "If you don't mind me asking, but where are you from? I don't recognize your accent."

Austin tried to pinpoint Tai Pei and where its location was at. Of course, he didn't know. Austin dared to ask, "Where is that at?" He thought Asia, but he could be wrong too. He was from Europe, originally.

Tasanee smiled at the boy then she said, "It's in Tai Wan, in Asia." Tasanee didn't think anyone would really ask her this because it was such a large city for it's size and it was a beautiful one at that.

Austin then knew what she was talking about. It clicked. He laughed, "I'm sorry, I should have known. I'm originally from Paris, France." He had learned to cover his accent well, and wondered whether she knew where Paris was. Well, how could anyone not know?

Tasanee smiled and said, "Oh how lovely, I have family in France, beautiful country." Tasanee paused for a moment then asked, "Why don't aren't you attending Beauxbatons instead then?"

Austin recalled the memories and smiled, "I loved it there." He then replied to her other question, "We moved in May to Australia. I don't really know why, but we did." He gave a small shrug of his shoulders.

Tasanee shrugged her awkward shoulders heavily and she said, "Do you like it there? I've heard some nice things." Tasanee had been to Australia briefly once so her parents could drop a package off at a muggles house, she didn't much like it there, she was 6 and couldn't understand what anyone was saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back