Sitting at the Lake.

Lily laughed at the boy's lame excuse for why he was out of breath. She noticed that he almost never took his eyes off the one girl and had a feeling that was what was causing his "breathing problem".

"So, first year is that tough? Wow." she said. "So what are all of your names?"

"You jog in Jeans?" Alice thought outloud " hmmm, that's different."

"So" Alice continued not really looking for an answer to her previous thought, "tell us, what is the hardest part about first year? What do we have to be aware of?"

Alice shifted over ever so slightly toward Bruin but tried desperately not to let it be obvious. She wondered where they would go for a coffee and if she would have to pay?

"Oh, I'm sorry...I'm Bruin Dumbledez from Gryffindor...", Bruin said politely as he extended his hand.

"Well, let's see...I guess Herbology, Astronomy and History of Magic are the most time consuming courses...lots of reading and more essay type homework. The other courses are pretty cool though, practicing spells and stuff...I really like charms, but be careful of Flying practice...the professor for that course just likes to see kids in pain!!!" Bruin had caught his breath only to notice Alice getting closer to him and lose it again...

"Hey, do you want to see a cool charm?", Bruin added excitedly

"Nice to meet you Bruin" Lily said, shaking his hand. "I'm in Ravenclaw. Let's see that charm!"

Lily noticed that Alice was sneaking closer to Bruin slowly. How cute are they together she thought. I wonder if he has any friends that are available?

"Alright then..." Bruin said, "...this is called a marking charm. Basically, it let's you put your own stamp on an object to indicate that it's yours...and if you're really good at it, the marking charm will prevent the object from being stolen."

Bruin looked around and reached over to grab Alice's newspaper. "Umm, can I borrow this for a second?" He paused only briefly and then took it anyways, caught up in the excitement of actually doing something he was good at.

Bruin pulled out his wand, held it above the newspaper and said Infelicio Fur, a golden haze began to emerge from the wand tip and settled as wisps of smoke over the newspaper, but when Bruin looked at Alice and Lily he relaxed his concentration momentarily, nothing else happened and the smoke quickly dissipated. "Wait, just a sec...I just got a little distracted..."

Bruin concentrated more completely and said Infelicio Fur a second time. This time, a brilliant golden stream shone from his wand tip and centered itself on the cover of the newspaper. A moment later, what appeared to be a smoky, golden brown bear paw seemed to emerge from the paper itself, hovering in the air a few inches above for a moment, seemingly to present its long, glistening claws to anyone in viewing range. Suddenly, the paw slammed down upon the cover of the newspaper and disappeared with a final burst of golden smoke. It was if the Marking Charm had wanted to leave an invisible paw print on the cover of the paper itself.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Bruin said with a stupid grin, hoping that they were impressed.

"That was really cool!" Lily exclaimed, very impressed. "Is the paw the same for everyone or is that one that adjusts to each person?"

"Wow, that is quite cool" Alice was impressed with Bruin's talents. "When did you learn that? I hope we get to learn how to do that?"

Alice was beginning to get hungry and suggested to Bruin that perhaps it was time to go and get that drink. She hoped the other girls wouldn't mind being left behind but she was sure that Rhyspa would be all for it.

"So..." she smiled at Bruin, "Where would you like to go?"

Bruin was pleased that the girls were impressed by his little magic display and practially floored that Alice had fell for his Charm (OOC - haha, get it??? his 'charm'!!! I am so witty!). Bruin tried to play it cool by answering the girl's questions, resisting the urge to jump up and drag Alice into Hogsmeade for something sweet at Madam Puddifoot's.

"This is a first year Charms spell and yeah, it does adjust itself to each person. The professor's was all green smoke and snake-like. Most people had animal related stuff, but there were some other cool symbols and signs too...I suppose it just senses something that is important to represent you."

Bruin turned to Alice and smiled shyly. "We could go to Madam Puddifoot's if you feel like something to eat...she has some really great food and is really nice to the customers...my treat, of course." Bruin turned to the other girls... "Your welcome to join us, of course, unless ... well, you've got other things to do." Bruin said half-heartedly, hoping he would get the chance to spend some alone time with Alice so he could get to know her better.

"That would be great!" Lily said with an evil grin on her face. She wanted to tease the two of them for just a tiny bit. "I have always wanted to go to Madam Puddifoot's." Lily knew they wanted to be alone so she let them off the hook pretty quick. "But I think I want to stay here and chat with Rhyspa for a little while, if that is alright with you." she said with a wink.

Alice's heart was beating so fast she was sure everyone could here it. She turned to Lily and mouthed 'thank you' to her and gave her an quick wink back.

She then turned to Bruin and said that she would be delighted to go to Madam Puddifoots, "I could 'cursio' a donut and a cup of tea right about now."

She new her joke was lame but she couldn't stop it before it came out of her mouth. She was sure Bruin would think she was nerdy now but she still had the invite and she could quite possibly redeem herself once they were alone at the cafe.

Lily mouthed "your welcome" back to Alice.

"Have fun at Puddifoots!" Lily said to the pair. "Alice, we will have to catch lunch tomorrow or something so we can get to know each other better before the semester starts."

Bruin smiled...finally, a girl with a good sense of humour he thought to himself...

"Alright then...let's go!", Bruin said to Alice with a huge smile. He turned to the other two girls and said quickly "Umm, it was really nice meeting you. I hope we get a chance to talk again sometime."

Bruin turned back to Alice. "Uhhh, can I carry your newspaper for you??? Uh, now that I've marked it...umm, I'm not qute sure what will happen if you try and take it back. I must have fallen asleep in class when they were talking about that part."

"Thanks, Lily, that sounds great. I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about...!" Alice smiled under lashes and told Bruin to take the paper. "There is no way I'm having my hand severed off over an old Daily Prophet...Just make sure recycle it." she gave him a wink and began to walk with him to Madam Puddifoots.

Professor durick laughed as he watched the Bruin boy try to impress the two girls he was with. Durick could remember what he was like and how bruin shared a few of his qaulities. But enough day dreaming Professor Durick had to gather a few specimen from the the little lake shore.

Lily laughed to herself as the pair walked away from her. She was excited to meet for lunch tomorrow and get all the "dirt" on what went down tonight.

Lily noticed there was someone else nearby, someone who looked like a professor. Lily was intrigued, not sure who he was, but watched him as he was gathering something.

As Durick began gathering some plant life so he could test the lake water for the merpeople. he looked up and saw a student looking at him . he stood straight up and said

"hello, who are you my dear?"
"I am Professor Durick Forrest and i will be replacing the herbology professor this new school year."

Lily realized that she had been spotted when the professor adressed her.

"Hi. My name is Lily Potter. I am a first year student in Ravenclaw." she said. "I didn't mean to disturb you. This here is my friend Rhyspa. She is a first year too."
Lily pointed to the girl that was sitting silently near her.

(((ooc: Rhyspa is still here technically, but had to leave for a while irl)))

Professor was overwhelmed he too was a ravenclaw when he was in school. so it was nice to see meet the generation of ravenclaws.

"well it is a pleasure to meet you ladies. Hopefully i will be seeing your face in my class as soon as terms begin." he asid with a chuckle.

"I know I will. I have Herbology first term." Lily said, glad that at least one of her professors seemed to be really nice.

"Hello Proffessor. I'm sure I'll have your class this year," she said.

She couldn't help but think of how Alice would act with Bruin at Madam Puttifutts.

She watched Professor Forrest continue picking samples, then turned to Lily.

"So, do you think Bruin will muster up the courage to ask Alice to be his girlfriend?"

Lily said to the professor, "See you soon! Come and chat with us anytime"

She then turned to Rhyspa and answered, "I hope so. They make such a cute couple, don't you think?"

(((ooc: sorry, my previous post didn't load when I left to eat dinner.)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back