Sitting at the Lake.

Rhyspa Marinescu

OOC First Name
Katie; Mini Me
Wand
Willow Wand 14" Unicorn Tail Hair
Rhyspa walked down to the lake for some time to herself. She was looking at the beautiful scenery, thinking about how happy she was at Hogwarts. She had made some friends already. The thought of more made her excited.

After leaving the castle Alice headed down to the lake. She still had her paper with her and decided a nice spot under a tree would be good.
She noticed a young girl sitting by herself and enjoying the scenery. Dare she try for a friend or would this one disappear like the last one? No way to tell then to try.

"Hello" said Alice as she approached the girl, "My name is Alice, do you mind if I join you?"

She looked at the girl and said, "Hello! My name is Rhyspa, and of course I don't mind if you sit with me!" Hopefully this will be a new friend.

Alice sat down next to the girl. As she gazed out over the lake she told the girl her name was Alice and that she was a first year Gryffindor. She hadn't seen Rhyspa before in the common room so assumed she was in another house.

Alice had currently made no friends to date at Hogwarts and was hoping this was a good sign that the girl had spoken to her.

"So Rhyspa, how are you enjoying Hogwarts so far? What house are you in? I'm in Gryffindor" Alice seemed to blurt this out and hope she didn't sound too nerdy. Playing it cool was definitely not one of Alice's endearing personality traits.

((OOC - I'm off to the cottage today for the weekend so we may have to finish this thread when I get back, don't disappear on me.))

"I'm a first year Hufflepuff. From what I've seen at Hogwarts, I love it. I really can't wait for classes to start," she said with a smile. Rhyspa liked Alice, she seemed like a nice girl.

((ooc - I tried to post this last night but the site kept shutting down on me, so lets try again))

Alice was staring off into the distance, looking at the beautiful lake and dreaming about the year ahead. Rhyspa's voice and comments about classess starting brought her back to reality.

"I can't wait for classes to start either" Alice exclaimed, "but I have to say, I'm a little nervous as well. After reading my schedule, it hit me that this going to be nothing like what I'm used to. There will be no Algebra or Social Studies and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to need to know England's Kings or Prime Ministers in date order and their major accomplishments...Yikes!"

Alice was truly nervous. She had been raised in a 1/2 muggle household and though she knew her mother was magical but that was the extent of her training in that area. Her father ruled the house and was adamant that Alice learn the muggle ways before she was sent off to Hogwarts. She loved her father but wish her mother had given her a bigger clue as to what to expect from life as a witch.

"I had to go through muggle school, too. My father insisted upon it. He's a muggle, but, I still love him," she said. "The class I'm most excited for is Defense Against the Dard Arts. I think it'll be very interesting."

Bruin was walking by the lake, attempting to clear his head after just finishing his Potions Exam. He thought he had done well, but needed a few minutes before heading back to his room at Gryffindor to study for his next exam. As he was walking he noticed Alice sitting under a tree speaking to a first year student that Bruin hadn't met yet. Bruin couldn't resist the opportunity to speak to Alice again and knew that he wouldn't be able to focus on his next exam unless he at least said hello to her.

Bruin walked up to the two girls and tried to compose himself.

"Um, sorry to interrupt ladies, but I saw you sitting here and well, I... I just wanted to say hello.", Bruin said, barely taking his eyes off Alice and smiling warmly. :oy:

Bruin turned briefly to the other girl. "Oh sorry, my name's Bruin...", he added extending his hand to her.

She shook Bruin's hand and said, "Hello Bruin! I'm Rhyspa Aireous. Would you like to join us?"

Alice's heart skipped a beat as she looked toward the sound of a familiar voice. Bruin the boy who had helped Alice back to her dorm with her packages after a trip into Gladrags was offering his hand to Rhyspa and smiling at her.

Alice was sure she had momentarily stopped breathing and found it difficult to speak....but had to try. "Oh, hello, you look haggard, have you been writting your exams? I hope you do well."

Alice was hopeful she didn't sound too silly in her questions, but ever since she met this boy, he turned her insides to jelly.

"Oh yeah...", Bruin said thinking about the exams and frantically trying to straighten his hair so he looked better... "yeah, exams are pretty brutal...lots of late nights and stuff...and, um, yeah, I'd love to join you...." , Bruin paused for a moment, torn about what to do. He couldn't think of any place he'd rather be than sitting under the tree, but...

"Ummm, I'm really sorry, but I've got to go study some more... I need to do well on my exams if I'm going to make the Quidditch team..." Bruin's voice trailed off in disappointment... "but, maybe if I need a break a little later, I'll come back down and join you if you're still here..."

"Well, it was nice meeting you Rhyspa...and I hope to see you later...", Bruin gave Alice one last look, almost tripped over a tree root and headed off towards Gryffindor, glad he had stopped, but disappointed he couldn't have stayed longer.

She said goodbye to Bruin as he walked back towards the castle. "Alice, I think he might fancy you," Rhyspa said with a smile.

((OOC- I have to go read for a summer reading assignment. I'll probably be back on later tonight!))

Alice's smile faded as Bruin tripped off to study more for his exams. She knew they were important but she was anxious to learn more about the boy with smile that melted her insides. So much for being calm, cool and collected around this boy... Alice thought to herself.

She looked at Rhyspa and boldly commented, "Now that boy is cute!" She laughed outloud as she said it and hoped that he would her as he made his way back to studying.

Rhyspa laughed with Alice. She grinned at her boldness. "Who knows, maybe after his exams, you guys could hang out?"

"Gee, ya think?" Alice was starting to feel a little giddy at the thought of going for coffee with Bruin.

"So Rhyspa, where were we...Oh yes, I"m looking forward to Defense against the Dark Arts too, I guess we will be in the same class as I believe Gryffindor and Hufflepuff take that class together."

Alice wondered if as the year progressed if there would be the division of houses that she had heard about. Where you only hung out with people in your own house. She hoped now as she believed that she was really making a friend here.

"Yeah! Of course!! I think he might!" Rhyspa said with a smile.

"I think we will. That'll be fun. What other classes are you excited about?" she asked.

((OOC - I sent you a friend request on Facebook. :D)))

"I was hoping to take Diviniation, but it doesn't appear to be on the schedule."

Alice had way with the future and had hoped to explore it closer as she was never sure how to control it. Right now they were just annoying dreams that came true but she was occassionally taken aback by more vivid and dangerous visions.

"I think I may be interested in Herbology as well. My mum was the local midwife and was great at helping others with ailments and tinctures made from plants in our garden, she never really taught me much but I did like to see the end result and the wellness that it brought the people in our village."

"I don't like Divination much, but Herbology sounds interesting. All of those magical plants and such. The one class I'm really looking forward to is Charms," she said.

Charms was going to be Rhyspa's favorite subject, she was sure. She couldn't wait for the first class.

"Yes Charms does look good. I think we have that together next term" Alice started to fold up her paper. It was getting late in afternoon and she was almost in need of a nap.

"I hope you don't mind Rhyspa, but I think I'm getting tired. I'm going to head out now. I guess I'll see you around and in class in a couple of weeks."

Alice stood and took one more look out at the lake and headed back up to the castle.

Lily was taking a walk down on the lawn. She needed to explore grounds so she knew where she was going for everything when school started. She saw two girls sitting down by the lake that she recognized from Hogsmeade. She helped them out when they came in the shop she worked at. She walked twords them hoping they wouldn't mind another person joining them.

"Hi." she said tenetivly. "Mind if I join you?"

"Hi, I might not be staying long but of course you can join us."

Alice was really starting to like Hogwarts. She was making more friends as each day roled on.

Bruin came charging down the hill and noticed that Alice was just packing up her things...he slowed to a walk so he wouldn't look too desperate when he arrived and walked up to the girls.

"Ummm, hi..." Bruin tried to say, clearly out of breath... "I'm all done with.... my studying .... (pant pant) ... and er, I, was wondering .... if you might like .... um, to go get a drink....(pant) or something???" Bruin smiled at Alice and winced a little as he tried to regain his breath... "I mean, if you're not too busy with something else..." :unsure:

Lily looked at the girl who had adressed her. She smiled, wondering if she looked familiar to them at all.

"My name is Lily. Are you both first years too?" she asked. As she was talking, a boy joined them, looking at the one who greeted her, obviously interested in her.

Alice couldn't help chuckling to herself as Bruin stood before her clearly having one of his lungs collapse before her eyes. Why was he in such a hurry?

Alice had decided to stay a bit and chat with Lily so it she decided to invite Bruin to stay for minute as well.

"Well, I"d love to have a drink...or something, with you. But you clearly need to rest before you loose all your vital signs. Lily just arrived perhaps you like to sit and catch your breath before we go"

That was so much to get out while her knees were shaking but Alice believed she had been convincing in her coolness. She certainly didn't want to appear too eager. She was here at Hogwarts to study but Bruin was clearly a distraction she could not easily ignore.

"Okay, uh, sure...that would be great!", Bruin replied as he took a seat on the grass..."I suppose I could use a short rest after my jog.." Bruin hoped the girls would buy his jogging excuse despite the fact that he was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt.

"So get your rest while you can ladies...first year is pretty tough", Bruin added trying to sound a little more relaxed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back