Singing, dancing and merriment!

Angus Greenwood

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Angus had spent a ridiculously hectic holiday. He had done pretty poorly last term, not having applied himself in class. He'd aced the exams - he was a Winters child, of course - but that was a bit of a fluke, given the way he performed in class. Then, he'd spent the holiday without a moments rest - first having to be home with his parents, going to the beach and not getting a moment to relax despite the setting, and then his grandfather took him over to England, where he spent his birthday and got to visit the Ministry of Magic - grandchildren of the Minister get some small priviledges, after all (apparently).

Arriving back at Hogwarts, Angus dumped his bags back in his room, took out his guitar, and wandered to the lawn, guitar in hand. He knew it looked a tad pretentious, but he wanted to play, and he wanted to be outside. Tentatively, he made chords with his fingers. He was better on bass guitar, he knew, but he wasn't going to get better on the guitar unless he practiced. He strummed some chord progression, and hummed nonsense to himself, happy to have some semblance of peace.

Bianca had had a very good holiday break. How she felt when she met her brothers and sisters after such a a long time, was unexplainable. Adrian was doing extremely well and his ice-cream shop was prospering- due to all the French-speaking people who suddenly appear in his shop without any reason. Clarissa was also doing well, selling cauldrons and all. Her parents were also well and Bianca had one of the best times of her life, spending each day with her family. She loved them dearly but it was so sad, when she had to return back to school.

Dragging her feet into the snow, Bianca grudgingly dragged her bag. She wasn't in a mood to go to school and here she was, without her parents or siblings.

Bianca then decided to have a walk in the lawn, which she thought could ease her thoughts. Lying down under a tree, something caught Bianca's attention. She had heard some noise coming from the other side of the lawn.

Getting up and wondering who it was, Bianca smiled when she saw Angus.

"Hi Angus. What's that tune you're playing?" she asked sweetly.

Angus began to play a more recognisable tune. Songs he had listened to at home, songs from the 1980s and 1990s - although he was born in the 2000s, his parents...well, guardians...liked listening to the music of their youth. He started playing a song by The Cure, one of the first things he learnt on guitar. Smiling to himself, he let his fingers find the frets and closed his eyes as he absently strummed.

Suddenly, he heard a voice. Looking up, he saw Bianca. He smiled at her, embarassed that he was even outside playing guitar. "Oh, hey Bianca!" he said, cheerfully. "Oh, I was just, you know, playing some random songs that came in to my head. Stuff my aunt and uncle used to play." He shrugged, noncommittally, as he rested his hand on the guitar. "How are you? How were your holidays?"

Bianca laughed when Angus told her about the some song he was playing. A flashback of them dancing at the YuleBall appeared in the head. She had danced with him before, but why did she feel so weird around him? Bianca wondered, as listened to what Angus said.

"That's a really nice tune Angus! Your relatives must really have good taste." Bianca said nervously, wondering why the hell she was still nervous.

Focus girl!..Focus!she thought, as she smiled at Angus.

"My Holidays? They were great. Adrian's, you know Adrian right? The one who sells ice-cream and hit on innocent girls? His business is booming. And guess what? My younger brother, Jason is coming to this school next year! Wouldn't it be cool?" she asked, ignoring the nervous thought she had in her head.

"How was your holidays Angus?"

Angus grinned. "Why thank you, Miss Bianca," he said, regally. "I suppose I oughta learn some wizarding music, I only know muggle tunes." He smiled at her, noticing she looked a little awkward. He was about to make a comment, but thought the better of it. Oh wow, I didn't think I was THAT bad at conversation... he thought, embarassed.

"Wow, you summed up your brother succinctly!" Angus laughed. Adrian was notorious for hitting on girls. "And your little brother is coming to the school? Oh wow, that's awesome! Do you think he'll be a Hufflepuff too?" Angus asked, curiously. "Or will he be cool, like me, and be a Slytherin?" he asked, with a wicked grin. Perhaps it would be like himself and Violet - she was in Hufflepuff while he was in Slytherin. "My little sister will come here one day, but I'll be long gone by then..." he muttered, thinking.

"My holidays? They were...busy. I went to the beach for Christmas, and I apparated to England with my grandfather. That was interesting. Apparation is really weird. But that was pretty cool. I got to hang out with my aunt and uncle and Grandfather showed me the Ministry." He smiled. "So yeah, my holidays were good." Noting he was rambling, he bit his lip. Angus was inclined to ramble. He was much too talkative sometimes, he knew.

Patricia had been up in her dorm relaxing as it was a quite day for her.

She thought that she would like to meet up with Bianca, as, since the holidays she didn't see her that much.

Patricia made her way around the castle with no luck so she made her way out to the grounds.

Getting nearer the lawn she heard somebody playing music, going to investigate she saw that it was Angus and Bianca ws with him.

"Ah there you are. I've been looking for you for ages." She said smiling at Bianca. "Oh hey Angus. How are you today?" She said turning round to him.

Bianca laughed. She was adapting to the atmosphere and the surroundings and Angus. "England? Cool! How is it like there? I've never actually been there before. Grandfather?" Bianca asked, surprised.

"Oh sorry, i didn't know you had a grandfather. Well, you never mentioned him before. And muggle tunes are interesting. My older sister Clarissa, do you know Clarissa? The one who owns The Apothecary, she brought me to this muggle concert during the holidays. And it was so cool! Muggle music is so unique. There was this singer who sang "I kissed a girl". Her name is Katy Perry. Its really nice. Not as boring like our wizarding music. Muggles must really know how to entertain themselves." Bianca replied, before turning a little pink.

"Jason? It will be interesting if he gets in Slytherin. But he'll probably get in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. He's the most hardworking in the family and he has a good brain." Bianca explained.

Just as she was going to ask him another question, another student joined them. Bianca was going to ask who the girl was, but she instantly smiled when she realized it was her BFF, Patricia.

"Patricia!" Bianca squealed, getting up and hugging her friend. "How are you? And how were your holidays? I missed you so much!!" Bianca said excitedly.

Angus looked down for a moment. "Yeah, my grandfather...he's kinda scary. He's the family patriach...and he's, um, pretty high up in the English Ministry." Angus was never quite willing to say Minister - partially because it was bragging, and partially because Angus felt he didn't measure up to his grandfather.

"Oh yeah, I think I've heard of her...not a fan, but cool," Angus explained. "That's really nice of your sister!" He nodded in agreement with Bianca's statement on wizarding music. "Wizarding music is...interesting. But I agree, there's way more variety in muggle music. I like it heaps better."

Angus was going to say something about Bianca's brother - approval of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff - when Patricia turned up. Angus smiled at the new arrival. "Hey Patricia! I'm good, how are you?"

Patricia hugged her friend back, "Hey you. I'm fine. I missed you too. Well I stayed here over the holidays, not much happened really." She sad with a shrug.

"Hey Angus. I'm good too. So what are you doing out here?" She asked taking a seat where Bianca was a moment ago.

Bianca smiled sympathetically. "You poor thing! You stayed here over the holidays? You silly thing, you should have told me Pat! I could have kidnapped you and we could be eating free ice-creams given by my brother every half hour!" Bianca replied, laughing.

Patricia smile, "No it's fine really. I wanted to stay here. Mum wasn't too happy though." She said with a laugh. "But it is lovly at Christmas time here and I know a few people who stayed here so it was good enough and I asked Elliot for more hours so I was kept busy." She said and paused and said, "Although the free ice-creams sounds good." She said with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back