Silent Contemplation

Tala looked up, tears falling from his eyes. "Explain the kiss!" He said looking at Derrik in the eye. "Explain it to me, tell me what it meant to you, what he means to you, what I mean to you!" He said, tears still falling.

"Tala it was just something I did! I wasn't thinking at that time. I only did it so I could shut the kid up! His talk of committing suicide was just getting me really upset. And it wasn't even that bad. It was just a quick thing and it was over. He means nothing to me now. He only got me in trouble and I've had enough with dealing with him." Derrik took time to breath and think of what next to say.

"You know you mean everything to me..."Derrik blew out a quick sob. He knew he messed up.He just didn't know how this would end up. He had something planed for his birthday and now he could see that it was ruined by his dumb actions. Derrik got up and walked off a bit but didn't go very far. He could still talk to Tala and Arisa if need be.

Tala didn't go after Derrik but just sat there. "You could have slapped him or something, but not kissed him" He was angry and sad. He loved Derrik dearly. "Why didn't you tell me!?"

Derrik turned around and almost began yelling. He didn't mean it. He had a hard time controlling his anger now a days.
"Don't you think I wanted to do that?! But every time I went looking for you, I ran into him!" Derrik just got angry at that fact. He kicked a nearby rock and watched it zip over the grass.

Tala stood up and stalked over to Derrik. "You could have come to my common room! Everytime I went to yours I was told you weren't there!" He yelled back, he couldn't help it. "I hate Brodie!" He says softly.

Tala was right. The one place he could have checked...he never did. Derrik was pretty sure that it was a rule. Derrik didn't have anything to say. He knew now that he was at fault for not checking in that one place. He stood in silence as a few tears fell from behind his eyes.

Arisa had been looking at the ground awkwardly the whole time trying to block out the shouting, "Um, I think I had better go" she said standing up and walking away, maybe she could go practice her flying? She was getting better and better at it after all.

Tala sank to his knees. "I don't know what to think Derrik" He looked up at him "Derrik, what should I do?"

"I'm sure what you'll hear now is rubbish to you but I'm serious." Derrik walked over to Tala and sat next to him.

"I've found you now...and I don't want to lose sight of you again. I was confused and I've figured out what I want....and that's you." Derrik waited for a reply. Hopefully it would be a good one.

Tala looked pained. He knows what Derrik says is true, but at this present time, it was hard for him to believe. "Oh Derrik, You know how I feel about you, But, I don't know at the moment. Give me a day to think it over." He looked pleadingly at him "Please, one day"

"Okay...if that's what you want then you shall have it." Derrik got up and walked over the lake. It wasn't that far away. Derrik knelled over the shore, took some water and splashed it in his face. It was then he let out whatever remaining tears he had left. He knew he messed up so much. He didn't what Tala would be thinking for one day. For all he knew, Derrik and Tala's friendship was over.

"It isn't" He said softly "I want you" He knew Derrik wouldn't hear it. He really wanted the day so he could find Brodie and talk to him, with either his fist or his mouth, it didn't matter. He wanted to let him know that Derrik was his and would never be Brodies. He looked over at Derrik and sighed.

All his tears where gone. Nothing was left to come out. Derrik wiped off his face and looked back at Tala. All he wanted to do was just tackle him and say what was on his mind. Derrik walked over and stood over Tala. He slightly bent over and ruffled his hair, a feeling Derrik missed doing for so long. Maybe that would change things...

Tala grabs Derriks hand in his. He pulled it to his chest and held it there, hugging it to him.

((that is a small post...sorry))

Derrik watched as Tala took his hand and placed it on his heart. Derrik knew quite well what he meant this. He found his way to hugging him and whispered, "I'm sorry for what I've done. You know you'll always be mine and I'll always be yours. This will be my last major mistake...I promise"

Tala hugged Derrik back with great force. "Don't ever do that again" He said "Don't talk to that boy again" He said burying his face into Derriks chest.

"I can't promise that I won't talk to him because I know we'll end up fighting or be paired up in classes. That I won't like but I promise." Derrik tried not laugh but he just loved his thought right now.

"Please tell me that you're the best right now and you have that famous fudge you have? That would make me feel a lot better right now. But of course I'll share with you. I won't be greedy this time."

Tala started laughing. "No I don't I'm sorry" He said pulling away from Derrik, "But I can get my mama to send me some" He leaned in and gave Derrik a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"Aww...and now that I think of it, I thought I was supposed to meet your family? And make her send as much as she can make. Tell her I love her fudge and to keep it coming." Derrik blushed a bit. This felt like the first time they met. But Derrik wouldn't forget what happened today. He'll always have this as a memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back