Sight for sore eyes

"Um, ah, that's a good question," Lily responded with a chuckle. She really hadn't thought too much about what she wanted herself. "Well, I could always use a new book or a CD. They have enchanted ones in the mall. I've been eyeing up getting some old muggle music for myself. How about you? Any ideas for me so I don't have to give you gender fudge?"

Alex laughed at the thought of getting Gender fudge. " I don't really know what i want, really. I haven't had anything in so long I have forgotten what it was like to get something." He said sighing slightly, trying to think of the things he used to get. " I don't know, a new hunting knife or something like that, there fairly cheap and you can only buy them in Muggle hunting shops, but you don't have to get me anything."
Alex laughed at the thought of getting Gender fudge. " I don't really know what i want, really. I haven't had anything in so long I have forgotten what it was like to get something." He said sighing slightly, trying to think of the things he used to get. " I don't know, a new hunting knife or something like that, there fairly cheap and you can only buy them in Muggle hunting shops, but you don't have to get me anything."

"I will have to see what I can come up with then," Lily said. "I do plan on doing some shopping in a few muggle stores when I get home." It felt odd to say home. She actually had a home to go to. "I will be doing a lot of shopping over the next few weeks. I have a new room to furnish!"

Alex smiled, he was happy she had a home, where she could spend time with her friends. All Alex had was his house back home which was away from everyone that he had come to know and grow fond of, but atleast Maddiie would be coming over in the holidays, which would be great. " Yeah I have to fix up my house in the holidays, I don't want it being a mess." He said then thinking, that if he and Maddiie still wern't talking by then he would be all alone.

Lily stared out over the space before them. "I hear that. I have a feeling between my work schedule and setting things up I am going to be swamped. I just hope that I can get it all done before I came back to school." She was excited about the idea of doing the shopping, but being mostly in muggle stores was going to be a trick.

Alex's eyes followed Lily's out in front of them, where they could see almost to the Ocean, which was a fair bit away. " Well maybe you could get someone to help you out with all of it, I'll be willing if you want." He said offering his services to Lily, so she wouldn't be run ragged, with everything she has to do.

Lily turned to look at Alex and smiled. "That would be great actually. Let me get home and figure out what is going on with my roommates before I say when for sure though. I need to check out what my work schedule is like too. I have one friend with plans on coming for a visit over break already." Her cheeks blushed a bit at the thought of Sumner coming for a visit. She had to admit, she was rather excited at getting to spend time with him away from school.

" Yeah Maddiie was going to come stay at mine on the holidays, but I don't know if it is goin to happen yet." Alex said thinking it would be cool if someone would come visit him at his house, seeing as it had been so long since any one had come to see him back home. " Yeah just let me know when ever, I'll come round and help you out." He said smiling.

"I will. Just need to check out the situation at home first. I don't wanna piss off my roommates before I am actually living there full time. The constant parade of men through the apartment and all," Lily said with a giggle. "Seriously, you need to talk to her. Figure things out one way or another. I'd be glad to be there to support you if you wanted me to."

" Yeah I know, I will eventually have to talk to her about it, I just hope that it doesn't end the thing me and her have together. Otherwise then I will actually kill him." Alex said feeling kind of releaved that he had someone to talk to about it."... And thank you for being such a good friend and everything." He said with a smile as he looked into Lily's eyes.

"Hey, that's what friends are for," Lily said, nudging Alex's shoulder with her own. "And if this does end things? Maybe a bit of revenge would be in order. Alex Cullen is dating someone, last I heard." She gave a conspiratorial grin to Alex, not quite sure if he would be up to taking down the Head Boy a few notches without getting physical.

" Nah he isn't anymore, he was dating Kiera Kingsley for a while but they aren't together anymore because of James Potter." Alex said with a smile, seeing as it seemed as though Lily and him would be relatives seeing there last names. " I would do it to Alex but I wouldn't be able to hurt Maddiie, that's the only thing that is holding me back from doing it now." He said as he looked down at the ground and picked up a loose bit of the cliff and threw it out over the edge.

"Really? Alex and Kiera split? I hadn't heard that yet. Wow," Lily responded, her eyes wide. "I know that she was rumored to be seeing both of them, but last I heard, they were still together. Wow." She was shocked. This was going to make the rest of the year very interesting in the Prefects common room. "I can't believe she was actually with either of them, to be honest. They are both gits."

" Yeah that's what I heard, because apparently Alex found out about what was going on between Kiera and James so he broke it off with her. Well at least that was what I was told." Alex said as he looked back out over the edge of the cliff. " Yeah Kiera is a nice girl, she could do better then Alex, I don't really know James...... Oi are you and James related though, seeing as you have the same last names?"

"From what I know of my family tree, we are some sort of distant cousins. I really only have spoken with him once or twice. He is kind of full of himself," Lily replied. "I don't know him all too well." She looked at Alex, then turned back out over the cliffs. "Seems like no one is able to keep a relationship going around here anymore."

" Yeah seems that way doesn't it, maybe it is just not meant to be at this point in time, but eventually it should get better." Alex said as he stood up and walked to the edge looking down as he done so, he had always wondered what the affect of jumping off would be like, even though he wasn't going to be the one to try it. " So have you found any one yet or are you, just staying single and enjoying yourself?"

Lily blushed at the question. "Well, I am planning on staying single and having fun. I think that is safer, at least until school is over." She was a bit surprised at herself. When Alex asked her if she found someone, the first image that popped into her head was Sumner. Shaking her head slightly to rid herself of the thought, she continued. "I figure once I leave school I will have plenty of time to work on relationships and stuff. Until that point, I am going to be a nerd and study hard and get O's on all of my NEWTs." She laughed. Like it was really a stretch for a Ravenclaw to be a nerd.

Alex smiled it was funny the way things worked, you wouldn't picture Lily as the type of person who could concentrate on something that wasn't physical for a long period of time, but every time Alex decided to grace the seventh year class with his presence she was always there writing down some notes to take for later. He soon returned to where he was sitting on the rock, holding himself up just by his arms which where behind him rested on the rough rocks. " Your going to be a nerd, are you having a laugh?"

Lily fake punched Alex in the stomach and laughed. "What are you talking about? I AM a nerd, silly. Um, what house am I again?" She then stuck her tongue out at him. "My competitive nature does not stop when I leave the pitch, you know. I want top scores when I leave here so I can have any job I want." She stretched her legs out in front of her, bending over and stretching to touch her toes before sitting back up straight. Twisting left then right, she stretched her back out as well. "So you have your outfit ready for the Yule Ball?"

The soft punch took Alex by complete surprise. " Well You don't seem like a nerd, and you absolutely don't look like one either." He said a smile coming up on his face, he knew she would know he was giving her a compliment on how good she looked. " Not yet I don't even know if I will end up going to the Yule ball, not unless me and Maddiie sort things out, what about you?"

Lily blushed as Alex complemented her. "Stop flattering me!" she said, faking annoyance before she started to laugh. Taking a deep breath, she admitted, "I am honestly not planning on going at all. I am not planning on causing any more trouble. It seems that me just simply dancing with another guy starts fights." She rolled her eyes, then added, "I am not getting my friends into trouble again." She really did not want to go. Seeing Blake with another girl would dig at her, even if she didn't want it to. And Sumner with Andy would push her over the edge too. No, staying in the Tower with her books seemed to be the best idea.

(((Lily will actually be going with Ashton Gordon -- he asked her the day 'after' this convo :D )))

"Well maybe that is for the best then, maybe it would be good for you to have some time alone and away from everyone else." Alex said as he began to think he would probably be doing the same, because if he saw Alex Cullen again he would want to rip his head off and that wouldn't end good for anyone. " Ill probably end up doing the same, I probably wont even see Maddiie before then." He felt bad for not talking to Maddiie about it yet, but he couldn't stand to face her, the one he loved the most had betrayed him, it felt even worse then everything else that had gone on in his life.

(ok cool:p)

"Yeah. I am thinking it will be best in the long run. Take a long bath in the prefects bathroom, then study in private," Lily agreed, nodding her head. "Sounds like a total plan there to me." She turned around so that she was sitting cross-legged facing Alex. "So, you are going to come watch my next quidditch game, right? Watch us take down Gryffindor?" Lily gave him a silly grin, hoping to change the topic and cheer up her friend a bit.

" Yeah of course I will, I wouldn't miss it for the world." Alex said as he thought about how he was going to play against Slytherin, when they had there next match and whether he should just take a beaters bat and smack Cullen in the head with it, he didn't care what he done as long as Cullen learned from his mistake.

"Yay! It should be a good game. Gryffindor is tough, but we are tougher. I can't wait!" Lily replied with a smile. She was excited to be playing again soon. "I really want the game to be sooner, but I guess I will just have to settle for practicing with my pro team over break. Maybe I will be able to pick up some new moves to throw at the other teams." Her smile turned devilish. She loved to play hard and any twists that she could throw at the opposition she loved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back