Sic Semper Thugs

Lex Skyweave

OOC First Name
Thom!
...The man's head connected solidly with the stone wall, blood leaked from a fresh cut on his head, he grunted in pain. The larger man grinned and bashed his face against the wall again. Next to him a slender man smiled. "You chose the wrong time to visit Bleak Street, Skyweave." He said with a chuckle.

Lex was having a crappy day, and the worst part was that this was the highlight. The ministry had these two, murder, theft, and in the case of the larger man, indecent exposure. He had been unlucky enough to meet them in possibly the worst part of town. They'd taken the wand right from his hand and tossed it across the alley way before they began beating on him.

"This is the last time I'll offer to let you get off easy." He said into the wall.

They both started laughing at Lex. "You gotta be sh**ting me!" He managed through the laughs.

"We just beat the sh** out of ye and ye'r still threatenin' us?" The larger man finished.

"Yeah." Lex said. "That sounds abou-" They slammed his face into the wall again. Nnnnnnnngh... That sounds about right." he said without interruption.

"Ey' Brian, what say ye we jus' kill im' now?" the big man asked.

"Fine, it's obvious he ain't gettin' the message, Simon." said the slender man.

Lex spat out a little blood and smirked.

"Hard way it is then." He said. "Oh, and by the way, that wand you threw?" He pulled another from his coat. "Not mine." He jabbed his elbow into Simon's ribs, turning as the large man recoiled and slamming a fist into his jaw. He turned his wand on the man as he sumbled back. "Stupify." He said as he blasted Simon across the alley. Brian scrambled for his wand.

"No-no-no-no-no." He said quickly as he backpedaled away from Lex.

It was yet another visit to Bleak Street, perhaps this time Luxen would not appear. She felt alone, after moving out of Ioan's apartment she had finally purchased her own apartment, and was living alone. Bleak Street was perhaps not the place to find company, but the Poison Ater was a possible choice in finding people who had much more in common than anywhere else. It was very quiet, which was why the sudden sounds of people fighting caught Leah off guard.

She pulled out her wand and slowly slunk around the corner watching the end of a brawl. This was not her fight, and it seemed like they all could take care of themselves, anyhow. She was not a saviour of drunkards, and refused to get involved in a brawl of idiots. However, this would be fun to watch, and so Leah stayed behind the corner, and watched the rest of the events unfold.

Brian pulled his wand.

"You c-c-can't stop us!" he stammered. "W-w-we're friends with Death Eaters! They'll come for us!"

Lex spat out some more of the blood pooling in his mouth. "I doubt that," he said. "You don't seem the type to have friends in such low places."

"B-b-but..."

"And even if you are," Lex interrupted, "I doubt they'd be willing to risk breakin' into the Ministry holding cells to save the likes a' you." He dropped into a ready position. "Now, you know how to USE that wand?"

The man flicked it, almost losing grip. "A-A-AVADA-"

"Expelliarmus." He said, the man's wand shooting from his hand. "And you can add an attempted unforgivable curse to your charges." Lex continued. Brian fell to the ground clutching his wrist.

"No-no-no-no.." he repeated. "I can't go to Azkaban..." Lex slumped against a fire escape ladder as he approached. They had done a number on him, he could feel the pain of a cracked rib after each deep inhalation, his face was cut from being slammed against the bricks, one of his eyes was turning an ugly purple. Two missing molars, cuts on his inner cheeks and tongue, and a badly bloodied nose, (maybe broken, again) made his mouth fill up with blood, forcing him to spit red, phleghmy gobs every so often. It was nothing a night's stay at the Ministry wouldn't fix but for now it was an issue, or would've been had these guys not been taken completely off guard by his simple ruse.

"Well Tha'ss not my problem," Lex said, "I'd say it's that shopkeeper ya murdered's problem." He stood back up straight and took out his wand. "Now, since I can't have ya running away. Petrificus totalus."

Brian's arms snapped to his side and he fell backwards like a domino. Lex grinned. That never got old. Brian's partner stirred. "Stupify." Lex cast again, rolling him further down the alley. Lex leaned against the wall, chuckling, and pulling a cigarette out of the crumpled packet in his pocket. He lit it with a muggle lighter and retrieved the wand. It had three Ws engraved near the base, he'd bought it at a joke shop. All it was likely to do was shoot a foul smelling gas from it's tip if the user tried to cast a spell. He put it back in his coat pocket and laughed, drawing a sharp pain from his ribs. "Helluva day." he said to no one in particular.

Leah watched the events unfold. She figured the men who claimed that they were friends with death eaters were liars. They were to dirty and clumsy to have any truth behind that claim. They would be used for meat shields, yes, but something so important as murdering someone would go to someone more experienced and less likely to get caught.
On the other hand though, they could have been placed to get caught soon after doing the evil deed. Leah doubted it, however. She had not heard of anything been planned at the last few meetings, and they would have informed everyone if they were hiring goons to kill of someone.

Besides, what purpose would there be to kill a shopkeeper? It was obvious that they were only there to rob him and perhaps he had pulled a wand out on them and then that's when he was killed. Stupid people. She shook her head amazed how stupid some people were. Perhaps it was time to make an appearance. Leah stepped out from behind the corner, holding her wand by her side. She would be foolish to put it away, but if he was who she thought he was then it would also be foolish to keep her wand in attack ready position.

"Helluva day."

"It seems so. Nasty wounds you've got there. Maybe a trip to St. Mungo's is due."

He looked up, his cigarette lighting.

"Probably." he said. "Gotta turn these bastards in first tho'." He grinned. He tried to stand up straighter. She was a looker. she had her wand out, smart in this part of town, so she could handle herself. She didn't seem to be threatening him though, or if she was he was too tired to give a damn. "It ain't easy work, but it pays the bills well enough." He continued. He walked closer. "So, what brings you out to these parts? Not the best place for a night stroll."

Leah looked at the men on the ground, her face filled with disdain. They were useless. She studied them and thought she recognized one of them, but perhaps it was just the darkness making her see things. They were not fit to be a death eater, or even friends of a death eater. "They may have been telling the truth about being friends with death eaters..." She lied calmly not believing herself for a second.

"Anyhow, What are you? Auror, Department of Magical Law Enforcement?" She questioned curiously. "Let's just say, I enjoy a good walk around dark places."

"Really, now?" Lex replied, taking a long drag, "I'd figured they were just a coupla street thugs, killed the shop keeper on accident." He mused, "The only problem there is what if the Death Eaters DO take notice? Could make life a little harder for us honest folk." he said, indicating her in the statement. He extended a hand, split knuckles and all in her direction.

"The name's Lex Skyweave, private detective consulting with the Ministry." He grinned, a little bloodily, "Like an Auror, only less rules and I get paid better."

Leah smirked, seeing now that he was not as simple minded as she had previously thought. Of course, that could make things a little more difficult for her. He was obviously against the dark arts, it showed by his actions and his words. It would probably be best to get away from him as soon as possible, lest arouse suspicion and perhaps even an arrest, but Leah always had enjoyed flirting with danger, and this time danger was very attractive in her eyes.
"I doubt you have to worry about death eaters noticing these thugs." She assured him. "I'm sure they have some standards." She grasped his hand giving it a firm shake and let it go. Her hand fell to her side and she gazed at the captives again. "Leah Winters, no job title to speak of."

She was right about one thing. He was somewhat an Auror. Yes, she had to be careful around this one.

Lex smiled again, turning to spit out some more blood.

"Forgive my appearance, but as you could see, I was a bit busy." He said. "And you could be right 'bout the Death Eaters. These guys'r just punks, I doubt they'd give em' the time of day."

He liked the look of her, but something was a little off. He couldn't put his thumb on it, but he had a sense, being a P.I you developed that kind of thing. He didn't show his thoughts about her outwardly, or at least he tried not too, he was pretty sore and that messed with his charisma. He mentally slapped himself. Don't go lookin' for trouble, you idiot! You just got out of the damn stuff, why would you wanna jump right back in?

Whatever, she was a looker anyway, he wasn't going to mess with her if he didn't have to.

He took another puff and extended a cigarette. "Wanna smoke?"

Leah laughed. "No apologies needed." She assured him. "I've found myself in various mishaps before, so you are not alone."
She took in his appearance, enjoying what she saw. He was very good looking, and his gruff and rough look was very appealing to her. His fighting style was muggle like but it was no matter. It was wise to learn the different styles of combat, something Leah made sure to learn.
As he offered her a smoke, Leah thought for a second. She had always looked down on her sister Natalie's habit of smoking, but she was craving one anyhow.
"Of course." She took a smoke. "Got a light?"

He extended his lighter.

He flicked it open, the light hurting his eyes a little. "You know, St. Mungo's is lookin' better'n better." He said. "I wouldn't mind having those teeth back." He chuckled. "Still, I need a bit of help haulin' these *******s off. I know it's a little much to be askin' a stranger, but would you mind helping me? All I gotta do is levitate em' but It's still harder to do two." He smiled. "Though I should at LEAST have asked you for coffee before I made ya move stuff." He said sarcastically.

((Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I spent the weekend with my family and my blackberry phone had horrid signal, so I couldn't reply on my phone like I normally do.))

Leah lit the ciggarrette and took a drag, feeling the smoke go through her throat and down to her lungs. She closed her eyes briefly and enjoyed the taste of the tobacco on her tongue. "I'm sure it is. You have sustained a lot of injuries, and with your job position you have to be in tip top condition." She glanced at the thugs once more and gave Lex a nod of affirmative. "I'll help you, no problem." She lifted her wand and pointed it at one of them, muttering the spell, "Locomoter man" He was raised in the air and floated in mid air as if waiting for her to walk. "I see no problem with going for coffee after we finish our business with these men."

(no worries, I just got on today.)

Lex chuckled.

"I suppose St. Mungo's can wait till after I've had some coffee." He said, raising the other man in the same fashion. He started walking. "Just keep an eye out. Don't want anyone tryin' to take advantage of the situation. Got enough of Bleak Street pissed with me as it is." He said, limping a little as he walked. He turned back to her. "By the way, you have anywhere in mind for coffee? 'Cause I know a great cafe right near St. Mungo's. Called the Nihil River."

"I'm sure you'll survive. You certainly look tough enough..." Leah smiled at him. She watched the men carefully, making sure that they stayed completely still and dared not to struggle. "And why is Bleak Street angry with you? If you don't mind me asking?" She was curious, but was unsure if he would open up to her and tell her, seeing as she was a complete stranger.
"The place near St. Mungo's sounds fine. I've never tried it before."

"S'like I told you," he said gesturing to one of the thugs. "I'm consulting with the Ministry. Our like aren't exactly popular 'round here." he added.

He looked at her, she seemed younger in the better light... Maybe a little too young to warrant interest. What the hell, coffee was just coffee, it wasn't like he was asking her to knock boots. He mentally kicked himself again. Idiot idiot IDIOT!

Leah nodded, understanding a little better. She had better be careful when consorting with Lex, for if anyone on her side saw them together she would be in the spotlight for sure.
"Are you ready then? Sidelong apparation?"

(wrong profile, please delete)

Lex nodded.

"It'll make this easier, for sure." He said. "I never got the hang of apparating, myself." He admitted.

Leah walked up to Lex, and looked back at the men. "And what are you going to do with them?"

Lex patted one of them. "Turn em' in, get the paycheck, usual business." he said simply. He spat out a gob of blood and wiped his chin on one of the men's shirts. "Anyway, let's get em' movin'."

Leah nodded and looped her arm through Lex's arm, and turned to apparate. They soon found themselves in front of St Mungo's and a few other stores and restaraunts. Surprisingly all of them seemed to be open. It must be so that bored family members could shop around while the victim of some illness waited in the hospital to be cured.

Lex felt like he was going to sick, though he kept it under control. He looked at Leah and spat out a bit more blood, the bleeding was slowing down.

"I'll drop em' off, be back in a flash."

He walked in, pulling the floating men through the door...

"Make sure you get someone to help you..." Leah said, eying his blood. She was not disgusted, merely concerned about his injuries. She watched him walk away, and stood patiently waiting for him.

Lex walked out a short while later, putting a thicker wallet into his jacket pocket. He looked up with a smile. "So 'bout that coffee." he said. "It's gonna be my treat as it turns out."

He looked at her again, he was again realized how comely she was, he grinned slyly. "So where'dya wanna go?"

"Oh, well thank you." Leah said. There were plenty of places around this area, places that were probably very delicious and had amazing coffee. Since Lex had left the decision up to her she looked around and spotted a smallish shop that didn't have very many people inside, in fact it looked almost deserted. "Let us go there, for we would probably have a little more privacy." She recommended. "I'd rather not be surrounded by large crowds, it's very annoying."

She walked into the shop and chose a seat against the wall. The room was almost completely deserted, besides one wizard in a far off table reading a book. The waitress came up to them, and pulled out her notepad. "What will it be?" She asked somewhat gruffly. She looked tired, and not in the mood to work.
"Coffee for me. Black Coffee."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back