Shyly wanting company

Kate Johnson

Wand
Holly wand, 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kate left the noisy common room gladly and sat down on the bench outside. Opening her book, she continued reading for a little. Loosing her concentration she sighed and closed the book. Desperatly wanting to go back into the common room and chat and have company she held herself back. A row was going on and she didn't want to get involved.

((Please join someone!!! PLEASE ;) ))

Alex was feeling in a calm mood when he turned into the corridor holding the common room. He noticed Kate sitting there and walked over. 'hey, you ok?'Alex asked her smiling.

((The row is in the common room and Kate is in the 4th floor corridor! hehe))

Kate smiled and looked up and Alex's caring eyes. "Yep, i am fine. Rather noisy in there and lots of people. I like space." She said thoughtfully and put her book next to her. Patting the seat next to her she shuffled up to make room for him.

(oh ploop. i knew that :r: )

Alex frowned slightly before goign into the common room, seeing the big row going on. he laughed as he came back out, a bit deaf. 'Yep, I see where your coming from'he said calming down. He took a seat next to her . 'So..hows life been foe you?'he asked.

((No probs! My RP's musn't be clear enough. Someone thought that we were in the owlery when i posted it in the North tower! hehe ))

Kate smiled at Alex. "Fine at the moment. The work isn't to hard and we don't get much homework so the lesson side is fine. But..." She stopped, not knowing how to put it.

(lol. really? )

Alex smiled, nodding his head at the homework. He frowned and leaned back against the nice cold wall. 'But?'he asked her concerned. he thought before relaxing. 'it's not bullying is it'

(nah, ok maybe ^_^ )

Alex groaned and put his and at the back of his neck. 'I hate these games'he moaned playfully, smiling. 'Umm, lets see. Your scared your gonna fail your exams?'he asked her before thinking again. 'You don't have a dress for the ball? Crush not liking you?'Alex asked her hopeful.

Alex laughed. 'Typical, isn't it? You wait ages for a girl and two come along instead'Alex joked smiling. 'No, not really. But I feel sorry for the guy. Who is it?'alex asked pushing his luck, smirking.

Alex laughed at her comment. 'No, it's not that easy actaully. we also have a reputation to keep and a girl refusing us is very bad for it'he replied sticking his tongue out at her jokingly. 'It's easy for you. All you have to do is wait. We have to make the first moves half the time'He thought frowning. 'I know a lot of people you know'

Kate sighed, "I suppose so. But boys should just go for it. Girls rarely get close enough to a boy to get them to ask them and then say no. It is our nature to go shy and ask for time to think when a boy asks us. Not that i would know. No one has ever asked me before. I suppose someone asked me to the yule ball last year but that was only because i was about the only peson on my own. Ok, another hint, he is in Hufflepuff." She said and looked at Alex to see what he was doing.

Alex shrugged at her speech. He knew he didn't do that. He always waited ages before it was v.obvious. Alex thought before finally realizing. 'Sam?'he asked surprised. 'Buut he's a first year'

Alex shook his head and leaned his elbows on his knees. 'Well, if you ever wanna chance with him later, I'd back off. He seems pretty tight with Jenna at the moment'Alex said before quickly adding. 'That's if you're anything like me which, with brains like yours, you won't be'Alex winked at her smiling.

Kate gasped in mock horror, picking up her reading book, she whacked Alex gently around the head and giggled. "If i had brains like yours, i don't know where i would be. I am surprised you have a brain!" She giggled. "So, who are you going to the ball with then?" She asked thoughtfully.

Alex recieved the whack. 'Ow'he joked rubbing his head smiling. 'Exactly what I was emplying silly. I don't have one.'Alex said taking the book and putting on the other side of the seat. 'Moi'he answred pointing his thumbs at himself smiling. 'Oh, and my enemie, the suit'Alex said pointing his left hand in the direction of the dorms.

Kate grinned, "Well, i think you are about the only boy in the school not to have a girl. Do you know how to dance?" She asked him carefully. That was what a girl wanted for the Yule ball, a boy that could dance, a friend that would take her and someone to complement on the dress that had taken her hours to find. That was most girls, for Kate, she just wanted a friend to take her and give her the best evening of her life!

Alex laughed at her comment surprised actually. He put on a face of mock horror and took back the book whackign her on the head gently back, grinnig. 'Course I can dance.'Alex said before thinking. 'Though I really should be practising now. I made a deal with Harri that if she went she'd get the best dance she's ever had so far.'Alex said before pulling at his collar, annoyed. 'It's a hard life with you girls'Alex joked with Kate laughing.

Alex smiled. 'You sure? I don't want to give you any sore feet'Alex joked standing up. He held his hand out to pull her up, smiling.

Kate smiled widely, better than she had smiled since Sam had found out. Alex had a cheery affect on her. "Sure. I won't be going so sore feet won't bother me." She said quietly and got in the position for a Waltz. "Fancy a waltz? Do you know how to Tango?" She asked as well as she waited for him to take the lead.

Alex shrugged. 'Whatever you want, I'm quite a know it all remeber'Alex said winking at her referring to the joke they had made before. He rested his hand on her waist gently and took her other hand. He started off with moving her back a step before starting to move onto the Vienese Waltz. He smiled, once he got back into the swing of it, not getting anywhere near stepping on anyone's toes. 'So, hows the sore feet going?'he asked playfully smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back