Short Visit

Demitris Zhefarovich

Wand
Bloodwood 15 3/4" Core of Phoenix Talon
Demitris walked along the sides of Brightstone village. His maroon robes fluttered in the breeze, as well as his black cloak. He looked like the type to never be reckoned with, however, he did have a soft spot. Reaching that spot, however, would deem impossible. Very few had reached into his heart, and only a few would he ever allow. He spotted a bench, and sat down in it to observe the place more from a lower angle.

How did Dietrich even stand this weather? It was so...warm. And Merlin knows how Jaken survived it. Demitris let out a sigh, his boredom increasing. What does a person here in New Zealand even do? It was awfully boring, and no one had caught his attention. Then again, when does anyone catch his attention? Demitris was hoping to catch sight of Jaken, but apparently, it seemed highly unfavorable. The Durmstrang boy leaned against the bench, wondering whether he should stay here for a moment longer before departing.

Steph strolled along Brightstone Village, her bag chinking with stolen goods as she walked. What can i do next? She thought, wondering what else she could do to rebel. Steph had given up being a straight edge. There was no fun to it, so now she did what she wanted, wore what she wanted, acted how she wanted, and spoke how she wanted. After all she had nothing to loose, she had lost everyone she loved. And no one to disapoint. Other than her parents of course, but she couldnt give a damn about them. Her hate for them grew each day.

She was deep in thought, planning what she could do to p!ss off her parents. When she walked past a bench, and on that bench sat a guy older than Steph. She did a double take as she walked past him. He was quite handsome.
Steph stopped walking, and turned, 'Oh what the heck,' She said to herself. She made sure her fringe was where it was supposed to be. And walked toward the bench confidently. 'Hey,' She smiled at the older boy, sitting down next to him.
'You dont mind if i join you, do you?' She asked, her voice confident.

Demitris heard a voice, and glanced beside him. Had he really gone too much into thought that he missed this pretty girl? However, she did seem awfully young, around early teens. He moved his hair back out of his green eyes, and stared at the girl, "I don't have a problem with it." His voice sounded slightly cold, but what was to be expected out of a Durmstrang student? He stared ahead for a moment, before sighing. He glanced back at the girl and inquired, "I suppose that you live here, huh." His voice was heavy with his Bulgarian accent, and one would know automatically that he wasn't native to New Zealand.

Steph quite liked him staring at her, it didnt make her feel uncomfortable, like she used to feel when people stared at her.
When he spoke, Steph didnt flinch at the coolness of his voice, she presumed he was a Durmstrang student, he sounded Bulgarian, and he had the Durmstrang look. She smiled at him, glad he didnt tell her to get lost.

Steph watched him look forward, then look to her. I suppose you live here, huh. Steph chewed her lip slightly, Steph didnt live anywhere in perticular. She took the easy option. 'Well i go to school here,' She told him, 'Where abouts you from? You dont sound local?' Steph asked in her english, slightly canadian accent. She had lived in England, and Canada, so her accent was pretty messed up, along with living with people from all over the world at school, their accents rubbed off on her.

Demitris half-listened like he normally did, as the girl spoke. He nodded slightly, "I thought so." Demitris's cold eyes never left the girl. He tended to stare at someone as if searching for a reason for them to be worthy. It was a personal trait of his, learning how to read people when he was young. He had grown up in a family of hate, after all. "No, I'm not local. I attend Durmstrang and I reside in Russia." However, he did not have a Russian accent, but he knew the language well enough.

Steph nodded slightly, her eyes on the guys green eyes. 'I thought so, you look like a Durmstrang,' Steph didnt mean it in an offensive way, he did. He had something about him that shouted 'I go to Durmstrang Institute!'

'Im Steph, by the way.' Steph told the guy, realising they hadnt exchanged names. 'Steph Shirley.' She held out her hand for the handsome guy to shake.

/gah, lame post, sorry :')\

Demitris raised an eyebrow at this, and repeated in his mind. I look like a Durmstrang student? Isn't that a first. He restrained the urge to roll his eyes. He took a mental note to the girl's name, Steph Shirley. Well, at least the girl was pretty. He took her hand in his, and shook gently, before retreating. "Demitris Harrington." Another question had been bugging him. As his eyes narrowed, he inquired, "How old are you exactly, Steph?"

Steph noticed him raise an eyebrow. But not say anything. She guessed this was a reaction to her comment about how he looked like a Durmstrang student.

Steph shook his hand, then pulled her hand back, and pulled her hair back, out of her face.
How old are you exactly, Steph? Steph chewed her lip, she looked older than her age, and she was a lot prettier than most other 13 year olds. But she was still 13, and he looked a lot older.
'13,' Steph said, her confidence sinking a little, 'How about you?' She asked Demitris, hoping he wouldnt be too taken back at her age.

Demitris repeated, "Thirteen?" She surely did not look it. She looked closer to his age, and there was a boundary, wasn't there? Demitris wasn't too keen on younger people, mostly because of how they acted. "Um, I'm seventeen." He was legally able to use magic outside of school, and that was the given age. Something he had loved to do, magic. "I never would have guessed you were that young. Second or third year in Hogwarts, right." It came out more as a statement than a question.

Steph smiled brightly. She was quite proud of how she looked much older than she was. It was because for someone so young, she'd been through enough heartbreak, death, and depression for a lifetime, she had learnt to grow up, much faster than her peers.

She frowned a little when Demitris said he was seventeen. But she couldnt honestly say she hadnt expected him to be so much older.

'Second year, yes.' Steph told Demitris, keeping her voice confident, and clear. She acted as though being thirteen wasnt so bad. But Steph wished she was older, she hated being treated as a child, when she wasnt. Her age made her a child, or a young teenager. But the way she acted, the way she thought, made her much much older. 'What year are you in? In Durmstrang.' She asked, wondering if the system in Durmstrang was the same as Hogwarts.

Demitris glanced to the ground, wondering. Of course, he had never acted so calmly around younger people. He hated them in general. He grew up at a young age, and did not really have a childhood. Although, if this girl beside him acted like the other infidels, then he would cast her away just like he would a pest. "I'm in my sixth year, probably the oldest in Durmstrang." His good friend was only two days younger than him. Demitris glanced back at Steph, with a fierce, yet soft, look upon his face, "You are much more mature than I thought a thirteen year old would be."

Wow! The oldest in Durmstrang. Steph didnt smile, but there was a nice look on her face, that didnt make her look miserable. Her bright eyes were fixed on Demitris' face.
'I am more mature than most thirteen year olds to be honest with you, Demitris.' Steph told him, she let a soft smile play on her lips. She wondered if Demitris wanted her to go into detail about the reasons she was mature.

Demitris shrugged, "Damn, I meant that I was probably the oldest in the sixth years, not the entire school. I probably intimidate a lot of the seventh years, but oh well." He knew quite a lot of them, but he didn't fool with them much at all. He mainly spent his time with Svetlana and Dietrich. He liked Svetlana, a lot, but then again, they couldn't get together until the group had broken up. Last time a member was with another member, it had a rough ending. He glanced over at Steph, out of his thoughts, "Really now. How so, if I may ask."

'Oh right,' Steph said, the news he wasnt the oldest in Durmstrang didnt bother Steph at all.

Really now. How so, if I may ask.
Stephs eyes moved from Demitris' face, and she stared forward, chewing on her lip,
'Erm, well i guess its a long story. The short of it, is that ive been through a hell of a lot. A lot more than any other thirteen year old.' She explained, resisting the temptation to go on a rant about how her parents were the reason for all her suffering. They were the reason for all the depression Steph had gone through, the deaths,the heartbreak, the disapointment.

Demitris glanced down at his hands and listened to Steph talk. Although, she didn't go into details, he couldn't help but be reminded of Dietrich's story of his own girl, who was attending Hogwarts as well. "That actually sounds familiar. One of my friends has this one girl, and well, she has been through a lot too. But she is fourteen, I think." He shrugged. He himself hadn't been through much of his life, and he muttered, "I hope you weren't raised by a couple of prejudice parents like mine." Demitris gazed at Steph, and being from a pureblood family, then naturally, he was raised to hate all bloods that was less than his own. However, he could careless.

Steph listened to Demitris, still staring forward. A neautral look on her face.
She gazed at Demitris when he said, I hope you were raised by a couple of prejudice parents like mine.
Steph scofed. 'Raised isnt the word, its more like, thrown into my brothers hands, and not caring that he was to young to look after himself, let alone his little sister.' Her voice broke the tiniest bit, but she cleared her throat. Not wanting to get all emotional over her brothers death.

Demitris's gaze went to the ground, no wonder this girl had grown up so much. Put through that sort of situation, who would expect any less? Demitris muttered, "I'm sorry to hear about that." He was glad that he had moved out of his parents' home. He had bought himself a house last year, and was residing alone. He was an adult, and couldn't live with the speech of purity anymore. "The best thing to do is look toward the future. I moved out when I very first turned seventeen. It is complete freedom."

'I moved out a year ago, to live with my brother full time. But now.. i dont have a home..' Steph shut up then, she was going to end up looking weak, and that was the last thing she wanted Demitris to see her as, a weak, emotional girl.

'Where abouts do you live? Near Durmstrang?' Steph asked, changing the subject.

\lameeee post much\

Demitris bit his lip when he heard this. What was he going to say? He had never met anyone without a home. He viewed it as weak, about like mudbloods. But then again, with her situation, she was strong, and he knew it. "Oh." Was all he could say upon that. He glanced at her, when she asked the next question. He answered shortly, "In Russia. Close to the school. I don't live with my parents anymore." He added with a sigh of relief, "Thank Merlin. I don't know how much longer I would hear the never ending speech of how purebloods were superior."

Steph knew she shouldnt of mentioned she was pratically homeless, but it was too late now.

She smiled at him when he looked at her, 'Oh right, how do you like living on your own? It sounds as though you like it, but dont you get awfully lonely?' Steph asked Demitris, she had always had someone with her, at her parents house, she shared a room with her sister, and they, her sister, brother and her, were close. And when she went to Hogwarts, she had only stayed in a dorm alone for a few weeks before someone joined her, at her brothers house she had shared a room with their 6 month, now orphaned, daughter. And any other school holidays, or than summer, she had gone to a friends house. Steph couldnt imagine living alone. She knew what it was like to be alone, she was very alone now. But at least she was around people.

Demitris shook his head. He preferred to be alone over anything. "No. I am what you normally call a 'loner'." Demitris though did enjoy having his friends over, so he thought he ought to add that in. "I do have people over, but one goes to your school now. My other best friends go over to my house during the holidays. They are cousins though. However, people at school find it odd to have a bisexual guy around." He shrugged. He could really careless. Dietrich was a close friend of his, despite the feminine personality he often had.

Steph grinned slightly. Nodding as Demitris told her about how he has people over. Steph knew that when she got a house, whenever it may be, she would have people over as much as possible.

'Oh wow, i never knew a bisexual came to Hogwarts,' Steph smiled, wondering who it might be. But knowing that you cant always tell by looks, or how the person acted. 'Who is it?' She had no problem with bisexuals.

Steph fiddled with one of her long orange braids. She smiled softly at Demitris.

Demitris shook his head, "Dietrich doesn't go to Hogwarts. Jaken does, but he isn't bisexual. No, he is as straight as a pin." Demitris wondered about Dietrich's girl, but he didn't know for sure. Demitris didn't know Hadan, nor did he want to. He didn't care much for her, and never bothered to know the albino. Demitris laughed under his breath, "You would know that Dietrich is bi if you got around him long enough. Especially with his pink sunglasses." He allowed his eyes to roll.

Steph nodded, understanding what Demitris was saying, kind of. 'Jaken, Jaken,' Steph repeated the name quietly, she had heard his name, 'Ive heard of him, i think.' She tried to remember where, but with no hope, she gave up.

'Pink sunglasses?' Steph laughed slightly, her eyes on Demitris'.

/gah, that was cr'p :')\

Demitris narrowed his eyes, and muttered, "You haven't heard of him? He isn't a troublemaker or anything at your school?" Surely he was. Jaken would never change, would he? Demitris sighed, and shook his head. "Well, perhaps he had a new start." Demitris chuckled, thinking of Dietrich, "Yes, he loves to wear them. Everyone knows him by his behavior or sunglasses."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back