OOC First Name
Arle
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Philip's gaze roam around the lake. He tried focusing on his book, an advance reading for tomorrow's classes. The boy was getting into his lessons as he had a warning from his mother already. Last school year was a poor one, he got grounded for the whole summer, only to do advance learning for this year was his activity. Philip wanted to owl Ava, wanted to know how she was but that privilege was on hold as well. The Slytherin boy closed his book and sat it beside him on the grassy ground. He wants to do something else today than learn. Philip had done so much of it that he's tired and miserable.

Ava was in a somewhat good mood. She was concerned about Vader and his new... girlfriend. Not that Isabella was bad. Ava liked her. There was just something in Vader's eyes that was off. She shook it off, running her hands through her hair. She hadn't been paying attention to her wonderings. She paused as she heard the water gently lapping against the shore. Was she at the lake? She paused, looking up. She stopped abruptly. "Philip," She breathed. Biting her lip, she took a few deep breaths and a few steps forward. "Philip?" She called out hesitantly.

Standing up, he did a little stretch thinking it will awake him up. The quiet of the lake was seems eternity when he heard someone called upon him. Philip turned around, a blonde haired girl caught his gaze. The girl that seems to be everywhere nowadays. "Oh, hey, Avaria." He smiled at her for a few seconds then turned his smile upside down. "Nice seeing you alone for the first time." Philip was quite content to look at her from a distant with Vader. He had never had an alone time with her in forever. Maybe his mother was right, he needed to focus on his school first, as well as on her siblings entering next school year. "So, where's your boyfriend?" The Slytherin boy asked with a smirk.

Ava was relieved when Philip smiled at her, taking a tentative step forward. But that smile quickly turned into a frown. She paused, nervous again. She bit her lip at his snide remark. He asked her a question and her brow furrowed. "Boyfriend? What?" She tilted her head a bit to the side. "Wait, you mean Vader? He's not- no, he's my best friend." She shook her head. Besides, she was pretty sure- no, that wasn't something for her to decide. She took another small step forward. "I... I can understand why you'd be upset with me. I've been afraid to talk to you," She told him softly, rubbing her hand over her arm and looking at her feet.

Philip scoffed, of course, she will denied it. And she's afraid to talk to him, what was he a monster? Is he that scary? "Avaria Lockwood, stop lying because you're not good at it." The boy almost shouted but he held his ground. He took a few deep breaths before speaking again. "If you don't want to be friends, I'm fine with it. I guess my dad was wrong about you and my mum was right." Philip had told his dad about Ava and he adored her, he even wanted her to come visit them over the break but Philip had no schedule to talk to Ava because she's always with Vader and recently, with Elija. His mum on the other hand kinda like her but warned him about being romantically involved with her. She'll just break his heart. "Good luck with everything." Philip smiled bitterly at her and did a salute as he took his book and started to walk away. Looking for another spot near the lake.

Ava stood frozen for a minute. How could he be so mean? Hands shaking and tears in her eyes, she yelled at him. "Why are you never there when I need you?!" She demanded, tears spilling from her eyes. "Vader is my brother, he's never left me! Unlike you!" She bit back a sob, anger boiling in her. "Think what you want, you jerk, but I'm pretty sure Vader is freaking gay!" She gasped and covered her mouth. Had she really just said that? She shook her head, taking a few steps back. "-I mean, in love with Isabelle."

She took a deep breath. "I don't take back that kiss!" She cried to him. "I was just too overwhelmed with everything else and I got scared. I didn't know if you'd understand because you're never there!" She kicked a rock, scrubbing at her face angrily. "Everyone I've ever loved has left me," She wrapped her arms around her chest, a pitiful cry escaping her. She bit her lip. "Why should you be any different?" She fell back, pushing her hands into her eyes. Why was it always like this? Papa left her, her mama and grandma left her. Philip was probably next. Her heart ached. Maybe she was just a bad person.

Philip stopped from his tracks when he heard Ava shouted why he was never their for her. The Slytherin turned around hastily, "Not there? Ava, I'm there but you just ignore me. You wanted to hang with your other friends." Okay, great now she's actually into lying now. He continued, "Ava, I'm not gonna judge Vader. My parents taught me not to but being a liar is much worst than judge is the thing that I won't tolerate." But after looking at her. His features soften and he sigh. "I'm different than them because I'm here, pushing myself to you because I like you. I like you not because you're like a sister to me it's because I'm in love with you." Philip felt his mouth dry as he revealed his feelings for her. It wasn't easy but Ava needed to know that she's not an invisible. He sees her and he wished she would noticed it too.

Ava shook her head at his words. "No, I don't! I look for you all the time but I can never find you." She wished she could stop crying, it was beyond embarrassing. She swiped at tears that wouldn't go away. She shook her head as he told her how bad lying is. "I don't know what the truth is," she admitted softly. "He's going to ask out Isabelle, but I just... I don't know." She wrapped her arms around her chest and backed away, biting her lip and sniffling.

She wished she could just disappear. Why was it always like this? Surely he hated her now. She rubbed her arm across her eyes again, cursing herself for being such a crybaby. She was so pathetic, she deserved to have him hate her. But then he spoke, and Ava froze. She looked up from behind her arm, lowering it slowly to see him again. It took all of two seconds for her face to crumple. With a cry she darted forward, knocking into him and burying her face in his chest. Gripping his shirt tightly, Ava began to sob, the fear and frustration and anger that had plagued her for so long finally releasing into a torrent of tears and emotions.

Last edited:
The Slytherin wanted to hug her but he held his ground once more. His emotion was cold as stone, he wanted to loose all these emotions out but it seems like he can't do it. Philip might have confessed but it won't change whatever had happened already between them. He was surprised when she just darted to him and started to cry while her face was buried into his chest. "I love you, Ava but I think we need a space between us. I'm tired of being a second choice even my mum thinks of me as a second choice." Philip's voice flat. He was emotionless. Although, he hugged her back, kissing atop of her head to comfort her but that was it. The boy let go of her, "I wish one day we could start over again." He whispered.

Ava couldn't help the anger that rose in her at Philips response. She didn't bother to stop the tears as he pushed her back. She stomped on his foot, furious. "At least I made you a choice!" She yelled at him. "All you've ever done is get mad at me for silly things and leave me behind! You're never there and I won't forget the people that are because you want to be a jerk!" She stepped back, crying. "You never even apologized for your family hexing me, or taken more than a few hours every few months to even pretend I'm important." She sobbed into her hands, shaking. "You say you love me but you certainly don't act like it," She shook her head. Without another word she turned and tried to flee. How could he be this way?

Her straight face didn't last long when Ava stomp on his foot because of frustration. Philip groaned in pain, bending over to touch his foot. Yes, he knows how mad she is but he didn't know it will result to this. The boy looked up at the blonde Ravenclaw, "A choice!? That's it!? Wow, Ava! While I prioritized you everyday, making sure you get to your classes that I'm not in it safe." The Slytherin lashed out. He stood after the throbbing pain stopped, he knew this will end into a fight but how he could just not express what he feels? "And I'm sorry if one of my relatives hurt you because maybe they're being a good family. Unlike you. At least your dad came looking for you and you met him while I don't know who my real dad is." Philip had no energy after that, combing his hair a little rough. He knew George Maxwell was not his father, their house might be big but it was old enough that every air duct in the house were connected. You can hear what people talk about in the other room. "And Ava ... Not everyone who love someone act the same. Each person has their own ways to let the other know they love them." With that, Philip didn't stopped Ava when she walked out. But he felt trickle of tears coming down his cheeks and he brushed them with his cardigan sleeve.
The End

Users who are viewing this thread

Back