Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual (Len♥)
Wand
13' Applewood Core of Meteorite Dust
It was a quiet afternoon one day when Chante was patrolling the fourth floor corridor alone. Typically, one was partner with another prefect while on patrol duty. It wasn't as busy or hectic so Chante didn't mind being on her own. She sure Fleur would be busy with quidditch practice or whatever she had going on for the day. Chante didn't bother her with something as tedious as patrolling. Everyone would be more likely to be outside, than being stuffed up inside the castle anyways. With Chante, it was the complete opposite with her some days. Sometimes she prefers staying indoors working on a new tasty treat. Or, sometimes she was outside mingling with the flowers in the garden. Today, she did neither. Sort of. While she casually strolls back and forth down the long hallway, she read over a new recipe she was working on. The quietness from the empty corridor gave her time to think. That was until the quietness was interrupted by what sounded like someone giggling. Chante pause, listening carefully. She followed the sound reaching the student lounge. Again, the giggle came, the prefect poked her head in slightly. What she found, what she saw was two students making out. Before she could get a word out, one of them rush out the room. They pretty much shoved her out the way, not giving her any chance to see their face. "That wasn't necessary," Chante called after them.

Last edited:
Shane always managed to find something to do, he didn’t know the other students name, but things had progressed quickly, he knew his reputation always seemed to help him, especially as the years had gotten on. But as the door opened, the person had gotten a little nervous and had rushed from the room. It didn’t particularly to Shane, he had gotten what he wanted from them, and perhaps they’d pick up later. He stood up and from his pocket took out the chapstick as he headed to the door. It was as he approached that he noted who it was, Chante, the prefect, his house mate and someone he had kissed, though definitely not in the same way that he and his now gone partner had been. ”Chante, you scared my kissing partner away,” he had a flirty tone in his voice, and a flirty look on his face. He didn’t know if Chante had a partner, but it wasn’t like that had ever stopped him before. He looked at her, ”Or is there something else you’d like?” he let the smirk stay firm on his face, a coy little flirty expression, ready to just get straight back into the flirting stages, hoping that it might work with her. It wasn’t like there was anything better to do at this school, and he refused to think of Mhairi or even Emilia as he just pursued someone else.

Chante wasn't surprised at all to find out the other person snogging was Shane Ackley. "Hi Shane, so it looks like I did," she said almost apologizing though not quite. Instead, the tall Hufflepuff crossed her arms over her chest, eyeing the boy. "No thanks, Shane, I think I'll pass on that," Chante does a good job hiding her blush, mainly because she wasn't interested. Yet, she somewhat likes the teen. As a friend, strictly as a friend. "I don't mean to judge as I have no business to what you do with...everyone, but don't you get tired of um, going around?" Chante tries to say without sounding flustered and all. "Like, don't you long to connect with someone and become something more than just a kissing friend," asked the prefect, becoming quite careful with words. She wouldn't want to offend Shane, a part of her wanted to maybe understand him. Key in why he is the way he is, there had to be a reason or reasons for the behavior. Or, Chante didn't get these types of relationships and maybe her asking was her way to learn.

Shane gave her a little smile, especially as she turned him down, clearly remembering a little of what had been done before. He didn’t mind he wasn’t really the sort of person who liked to kiss twice, and he was sure that Chante had then moved on from it. ”Offer always stands,” he replied with a lightly flirty tone. He was a little surprised when the question that followed, though she seemed to say it was a question without judgement, it felt a little like being judged. He knew that his most recent thing with Emilia had somewhat set this clear in his mind, but it didn’t change what he did and didn’t want. The teen rolled his eyes at her, making a good show of it as he did so. ”Don’t you get tired of pursuing the same person?” he returned. He didn’t understand why people cared that he wasn’t dating, he didn’t want to do, that relationships only ever ended in heart ache and he’d not put his heart through that. Never. ”I don’t long to connect with someone and become more than just a kissing friend,” he emphasied all of the words that she had just said to him. He didn’t care for friends, he didn’t need people like that, he was happy with the short, meaningless connections, whether at school or not. Shane knew that Chante likely didn’t mean the questions in a judgey manner, that she was perhaps genuinely curious but Shane was bored of having to explain himself. ”I’m happy doing what I’m doing,” he told her.

Chante kept that offer in mind, but it's not she would pursuit it. The prefect frowns, not sure what he meant by his question. "I'm not pursuing anyone at the moment, actually. And if I were, it would be someone I genuinely like, unless they're not interested in me. So, it all depends," she answered matter-of-factually. She thought she would have difficulty answering his question, but she found answering that question came naturally to her. Like she been waiting around for awhile for someone to ask, and she took no offense to answering to him right back. "Is it bad for me to say I don't believe you? And I think you put up this persona, this act because you're afraid to get close to someone? Afraid that you might actually like it," Chante spoke with a cautious smile. She paid close attention to Shane, studying his reaction to the things she was saying. "Are you really, Shane? Are you really happy the way you are? I just don't believe that you are..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back