Linda
Wand
10 3/4 maple with core of unicorn hair
Name: Shalamar Jeon Ovanisse

House: Ravenclaw
Birthday: September 16th 2009

Hometown: Brackenslade, New Zealand

Pureblood/half blood/muggle born: Pureblood

Five words that best describe your character: Honourable, Loyal, Proud, Honest and Determined

Appearance

Hair Color: Black
Hair Style: Long and straight
Eye color: Deep brown
Height: 5ft 5"

Other distinguishing details: a birth mark that looks like a dragon head on her right shoulder.

Family:

Father's name: Mareva Takeshi Ovanisse
Brief description (occupation, blood, etc):
Mareva was the only son of Takeshi and Michelle Ovanisse. He inherited the largest silk company in the world. Which is why the family have more than one home. He is also on the board for Magical Ministrations in Asia, where it is run more as an Empire than a ministerial office. As he is such a wealthy industrialist and comes from a pureblood line which there are now very few of in China, he also inherited his fathers seat on the board of Ministrations.

Mother's name: Jayma Faune Ovanisse (nee Yeoh)
Brief description (occupation, blood, etc):
Jayma is the only daughter and the only surviving sibling of the Yeoh dynasty. Many battles were waged between rivaling families in the province of Xinjiang Uygur between the Chinese pureblood family of Yeoh and the Mongol wizarding families. The battles were always for land, her two brothers and father were killed during one of these. Her mother arranged a marriage between Jayma and the only other pureblood family she had connections with. Mareva and Jayma were married but promised Chang LI Yeoh that they would raise their family far from the warring violent province they had both grown up in. For a long time they did just that but business often called Mareva back to China, as well as his duties when his father died.

When their daughter Shalamar was ten years old, they knew they would have to consider which magic school she should attend. The Salam school in America seemed at first the most appropriate but when Asian Minister for Magic Toshiro Hiroyuki Leung recalled Mareva to China, he thought it best that their daughter attend a school closer to him. Especially as this daughter was his favourite daughter. Jayma conceded and began in the summer of 2019 to set up a home for the family in the remote hillside of Brackenslade, a days journey from Brightstone.

Siblings (names and descriptions): The majority of the Ovanisse siblings have been homeschooled due to the constant moving around for the family business.

Mareva Jnr – 23 yrs – Home schooled, is being trained in the family business
Ken Chang – 21 yrs - Home schooled, NEWTs - last year before following in his brothers footsteps.
Daniel and Isamu – 19 yrs – home schooled, sitting OWLs.
Shalamar – 15yrs – will be attending Hogwarts New Zealand in September of 2021
Takeshi – 12 yrs – presently being home schooled.
Maggie and Chiaki – 10 yrs – presently being home schooled.

Other key family members:
Chang LI Yeoh – Matriarch of the Yeoh family, lives with her daughter and son-in-law, being critical in all things. As a good mother-in-law should be.

At Hogwarts:

Your best subject: History of Magic – she has a passion for studying and learning about her magical heritage.

Your worst subject: Potions – as she can barely brew a cup of tea, she feels this will be her least favorite subject.

Extracurricular activities: training Kino at the dragon sanctury.

Favorite place at Hogwarts: the Herbology house or the library.

Least favorite place at Hogwarts: the quidditch pitch.

Do any of the staff members scare you?: Professor Kalif Styx

Do any inspire you?: Professor Kalif Styx
What you might like to do after Hogwarts: Dragon Trainer

Someone you look up to: her father.

Welcome to the site Shalamar. You look like you have a pretty solid bio, I've just got a few questions for you. :)

Does Shalamar know about any of the Hogwarts Houses?

Which house do you think she would be best fit for?

Does the birth mark have any special significance?

Why would Shalamar dislike the Quidditch pitch? Does she not like flying?

Does Shalamar have a good relationship with her father?

Those are ones I can think of right now, I'll put down more if any come to mind.

[thank you Estrella, will continue adding to it though and tweaking it in parts. I have answered your questions in character.]

I have grown up with various stories relating to magical schools but as most of my family are homeschooled it seemed for quite a huge part of my life that I would follow that path too. I believe it was my fathers over indulgence of his princess that tipped attending school in my favour. Once I get my school books I will most likely devour Hogwarts, A History so as to know more and be better prepared. That is one of my quirks or faults. I like to be prepared and often find I do not live up to my own expectations.

My family travelled alot and this took us on many occasions to England and Scotland. There I did get to hear about the four houses and can only presume or suspect that it will be something similar in New Zealand. Uncertainty makes for a poor bed fellow and I would like to think I could have traits that would benefit all houses. Ambition, intellect, loyalty and fairness. As to which one imparticular, I truly do not know enough about any to fully decide or to judge where I might best fit.

My birthmark is similar in aspect to my maternal grandmothers. Apparantly, her grandmother also had one. It seems to skip a generation but no one has told me what the meaning of this strange looking birth mark means or why my grandmother gloats over me like I am some precious commodity. I do know this, my great - great grandmother and my grandmother were gifted witches and were feared by many. I do not know if they had any special powers or anything though. As my grandmother lives with us, I am sure I would know if she had.

The quidditch pitch is carte blanche for the simple reason, I have five brothers. All of which are quidditch fanatics, they fly constantly and practise whenever they have a moment to spare. When it has been shoved in my face all my life, from smelly sweaty boys clothes after a training/ muck-about session to tripping over their ill placed brooms, I doubt if I will show too much interest in the sport when I now can take it or leave it at my leisure. No doubt I will support whatever house I am in, I have never flown except for the silly childrens brooms which barely hover off the ground. I could possibly like to fly but I won't hold my breath on that score either.

I have a wonderful relationship with my father. He refers to me constantly as his Jade Princess or his gem. He has always been over protective of me, I think perhaps as I was the first girl born. My brothers are like wise but don't seem to treat my younger sisters with the same annoying smothering protective layer. It is comforting at times but now that I have to live without them, I will have to learn to fight my own battles and stand on my own two feet. That is challenging and exciting yet also extremely daunting.

Wow, you've really thought this out! :D

How does Shalamar get along with her siblings? Do they envy that she seems to be her father's favorite?

I noticed on the sidebar it says that Shalamar is single and looking, is there any reason she would be looking for a relationship at such a young age?

[thanks, think she needs to be as real as I can make her so that I rp her better]

I adore my younger sisters and am very protective of my youngest brother. As Takeshi is the youngest boy the older brothers have a nasty habit of taunting him, all in the way of good fun apparantly but sometimes it can lead to tears. My older brothers have never treated me with an ounce of envy, sometimes I think they were thrilled that I was born so our fathers eyes could be diverted from them. All my brothers are equally adored by my mother and my father loves them dearly, he just does not think it is manly or good discipline to wrap them in cotton wool. He wants their characters to be strong and flawless and though he wants this for me too, he is of the mind that at least with a daughter he can be indulgent.

I think I will always be single and always looking. Though in truth I will never know what it is I am looking for unless I search thoroughly. I am not in need of a relationship but am open to new experiences all the time. I suppose with my world being so contained within the confines of my family, being away from home for the first time without any of them will leave me some what vunerable. Perhaps subconsciously I say I am looking but am merely looking for a substitute to the love and comfort that my family gave me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back