Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 9 1/2 Inch Unyielding Holly Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Rather last minute, Braxton had found himself a date and by his own estimations he had outdone his brother in that department. The Ravenclaw stood in front of the mirror in the dorm eying himself in the mirror. He looked good, if he did say so himself. For most of the semester Braxton had looked to the Yule ball as nothing more than something that happened at the end of semester, he had even considered not going, but that had changed when Camelia agreed to go to the ball with him. He was very much looking forward to the evening. Braxton stood outside the Great hall, watching as couples separated by house embraced each other and fawned over each other's outfits. Braxton kept looking at the stairs, waiting for the moment his date would be coming down them.

Camelia Kyle felt as though she were in a dream. She was asked to the Yule Ball by someone that was handsome, and definitely not someone that she was going to marry in the future. Or well, supposed to. She heard that he was going with someone else. It bothered her a little bit, thinking of some foolish fantasies. Instead, she was going to dance with a handsome, nice Ravenclaw. She walked down the stairs in wedges, which she had some issues with. She preferred tennis shoes but couldn't manage to get them to go with her summer dress. It was all she could afford with her part time job. She spotted Braxton and quickly rushed to him, throwing her arms around him, "Thanks so much for inviting me! I just love dancing!"

Braxton was almost knocked off his feet when Camelia came running at him, luckily she was easy to pick up and spin around before he quickly put her back down. "Sorry, got carried away," He laughed taking in her dress, she looked incredible. Braxton grinned when she thanked him for inviting her, "How could I not invite the prettiest girl in our class," He added winking her. "Lets go inside, I love dancing too so we should get to that," Braxton held out his arm for Camelia to take, he was eager to get her inside and start a night of dancing and fun.

The fact that the first year Ravenclaw spun her around was enough to create butterflies in her stomach. As she was set back down, Camelia blushed as he said that she was the prettiest girl their class. Camelia brushed her wavy hair behind her ear. Camelia beamed, "Thanks, you are looking good too." She thought about how lame that was, before shaking her head. She linked arms with her date, and headed inside, hoping that though they were first years, that no one would tease them. Camelia had a sparkle in her eyes that hadn't been there since Halloween.

Braxton beamed when Camelia returned his compliment, he was pretty happy with how he looked but he didn't want to come across too cocky. "Thanks, I dressed to impress, how'd I do?" He asked winking at her. As Camelia took his arm, Braxton led her into the Great hall before he turned back to her. "Do you want something to drink? Or should we get straight to the dancing?" He asked. She had already mentioned how much she liked dancing and he was eager to make the girl happy.

Camelia teased, "If you keep winking at me, someone is gonna think that you have a twitch." As they walked into the Great Hall, her eyes looked at all the beautiful dresses. However, when asked if she wanted something to drink, she looked over and saw someone she didn't want to see over there. Camelia tossed her arms around the boy's shoulders and smiled, "Let's just dance." Camelia was eager to dance most of the night, until she was out of breath anyway. She definitely didn't want to see any of the Vetrov's right now. And what she meant by any, she meant Octavian only.

Braxton laughed, "Point taken, I'll lay off the winking," He smiled at her as he led her into the hall. Camelia seemed to take a look around at the various people in the hall before she turned her attention back to him, his eyes however never left his date. He was happy to hear she was eager to dance, Camelia flung her arms onto his shoulder and he held her by the waist and moved along to the music. "Are you ok? You look, troubled," He asked.

Camelia moved to the music, loving the freedom that it was giving her, and the fact that she was here with a cute boy that she wanted to see more often. A girl could use compliments like that daily. She gave a warm, convincing smile to Braxton, "No. Well, maybe. Okay, so there's a jerk I don't like and I would love to have my big brother beat him up one day. And my brother isn't here to enjoy the dance because he is so shy and secretive, but he would make an awesome friend to anyone lucky but he just won't put forth the effort." The best part was that Camelia wasn't lying. She did feel bad for her brother.

As Braxton listened to Camelia unload her issue onto him there was little the boy could say or do so he held her closer and waited until she was finished, it was sad what she said about her brother, but it was nice to see that she held such warm affection for him. When she was finished speaking, he finally chimed in, "This jerk, what did he do to you exactly? Maybe I can beat him up," He offered grinning. Braxton couldn't imagine anyone having an issue with someone as sweet as Camelia, the guy had to be a real jerk to illicit such a reaction from the girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back