Settling In

Markus Schwarz

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Mark was fairly pleased with the home he had found in New Zealand. It wasn't nearly as grand or beautiful as the Schwarz home in Germany, but it was a home nonetheless. A decent-sized apartment near the centre of the city in Auckland, he couldn't ask for much better.
He felt somewhat disgraced, the way he had moved to New Zealand. Paranoia had gotten the better of him. He knew people were starting to get suspicious, and he knew it was time to move. It was rather a shame - New Zealand was not nearly as interesting as Germany. Indeed, the only creatures he could see around the place seemed to be sheep - oh so many sheep! But he didn't have a choice. New Zealand was essentially his only option. It seemed alright, so far. He knew he was going to have to do a good job protecting his identity and hiding his associations, but he figured he'd have a fairly enjoyable time in New Zealand.
He wondered if there were any other Death Eaters in the Ministry. He had heard that some were being employed in the Hogwarts school that had recently been set up here, but he didn't know anything about the Ministry.

Mark poured himself a glass of water, and walked over to his table, placing the glass down and unscrewing the lid on his vial of ink. He felt his sister deserved a letter, as he really did feel bad about 'abandoning' her, as she put it, in Germany. A spider crawled across his hand, and he gently scooped it up and took it outside. Mark loved animals - the more frightening, the better.
Dear Clara,
I hope this letter finds you well. I am sure I do not need to mention that I am exceedingly proud of you, being the Head Girl of Durmstrang. I'm sure you get enough of that from Nana. I hope you are enjoying your seventh year and working hard. You are a true Schwarz, unlike Gretchen.
I am settled in New Zealand, in one of the major cities - Auckland. It is nowhere near as nice as Berlin, and where I am staying is not as good as our house, but it is adequate. You should come and visit me in the holidays. I suppose your next holidays will be the ones after school. I have not forgotten that we will travel the world - and we will do it soon, I promise, sister.
I believe there are Durmstrang students currently in New Zealand, interestingly. The TriWizard Tournament. Apparently there were Hippogriffs, Griffins and Pixies used in the first task. I kind of wish I had started this job earlier. Although from what I have heard, the champions - one anyway - are mudbloods, and not worth my time. Pity. I would've liked to see what a rampaging Hippogriff could've done with a mudblood under my control.
The Ministry here is fairly small and boring, to be honest. It's quiet, though, so I can get my work done with ease. And I enjoy the work, so that isn't a problem.
Miss you, Clara, and I hope to hear from you soon, although I know you are busy with exams. I look forward to seeing you soon.
- Mark
P. S. I hear my friends have things planned around here. I won't say any more, but please don't let Nana find out.

Smiling to himself, he called Orkan to him, offering the owl some Owl Treats before handing him the letter, which he had sealed carefully. "Send this to Clara Schwarz, at Durmstrang," he whispered to the owl, before releasing it to fly off halfway across the world. He then grabbed his coat and headed out to the city. He was glad he had done so well in Muggle Studies at Durmstrang, even though it was the 'dud' class, and even though muggles were worse than animals. At least he knew how to get around town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back