Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight?
((Open after Tamara posts with Emily))

Fifth year was supposedly a big deal. Tyler's parents had even taken the time to talk to him about his grades, which they hadn't done in the previous your years. They had told him that he needed to do a little better now, to try his best for his OWL year. He had said he'd try his best, but was hardly very motivated. It wasn't like he cared for his lessons or really wanted to aim for a specific career. It felt way too early to worry about that too much, there were way more important things to consider at Hogwarts itself Now that Blake was avoiding him, Tyler needed to make his own mark on the school. He would much rather focus on that than his classes. The boy had made his way to the library to at least make an effort. He was looking at a few books for his classes, when he spotted a thinner book crammed between a few others. He grabbed it, raising his eyebrows at the title. Cram It!: How to Soar on Your O.W.L.s Well, that could be useful. Tyler grabbed it and flipped it open, hoping for some actually useful tips.

Emily had decided to start her OWL year with a bang and thus it meant she wanted to start on time for once. If she actually stayed on schedule, she could spread her study load. Emily walked to the library and decided she wanted to study up on the fifth year potions. She grabbed the smallest book she could find and walked towards someone she knew was in her year. She was sure she had seen him in a lesson once or twice, but that was the only knowledge she had about the him.

''Hey, you want to give me a recap of that book when you are done?'' Emily smiled and hoped he had the answer to acing her OWLS. ''I accept every solution or cheat so I could ace my OWLS'' She knew you had to make your owl with a special quill, but there had to be a way to by pass that.

Tyler looked up as someone spoke to him, coming face to face with a girl from his classes. He knew she was in Ravenclaw, though he didn't think he'd ever talked to her. He frowned a little as he tried to recall her name. Something with an E. Emma? Emily? He wasn't certain. He gave the girl a smile. It wasn't that often that girls spoke to him, and he figured he might as well try to have a fun conversation. "I could try." He said, giving her a small smile as he showed her the book. "So far I haven't seen any cheats, which I was hoping for. Though I thought Ravenclaws weren't about cheating." He said with a slight raise of his eyebrow, tilting his head a bit. "Aren't you guys supposed to be all about studying and being honest?" He joked lightly.

Emily smiled when the boy was willingly to give her a quick recap of the book he was reading. ''Ravenclaw is about intelligence and creativity'' Emily paused ''And I think cheating is a very creative way to pass an exam.'' Emily figured she was sorted into Ravenclaw, because she was bright and good at chess. Reading and studying weren't on her list of favourites. ''Hmm, I think those are Hufflepuffs'' Emily grinned. Honesty wasn't a Ravenclaw trait were as it definitely was a Hufflepuff one. ''Who would spend hours studying if you can find a cheat that solves everything in hours.'' It wasn't like she had better things to do than studying herself to death. She wanted to play more chess and grades didn't really matter that much. Most bosses didn't ask for your grades at Hogwarts when they would hire you. So there was no use in actually learning and cramming for decent grades.

Tyler was surprised when the girl's comment actually got a genuine laugh out of him. He closed the book, holding it out to her. "You can use it first." He told her with a slight grin. "You're right, I was thinking of Hufflepuffs. How about you find a way to creatively cheat using this book, and I as a Slytherin cheat your way to cheat off you?" He said, raising his eyebrows a bit. "Though your view on cheating also sounds a little Slytherin if you." He commented, amused. "Are all Ravenclaws so sneaky, or are you special?" He asked the girl jokingly.

Emily grabbed the book out of this boys hand and looked at the table of contents. If there were any cheats in here they must be noted as a chapter. He knew he was sly to give her the book, now she was going to study and he was going to retrieve the secrets from her. Emily grinned, she didn't even mind plotting with this boy on how to cheat their OWLS. ''How about we both go find a way to cheat and in the end we share the information with each other, that way we got double the information.'' Emily said while looking at the boy. ''I am a special Ravenclaw, call it the black sheep,'' Emily mused and spotted the dreading words she already knew. Anti-Cheating Quills were the ones you used during the exams and so far Emily had found no way around those things.

While it was certainly doomed to fail, it was strangely amusing to talk to this girl about cheating on their OWLs. He smiled at her, raising his eyebrows a bit. "Oh, no. You're still the Ravenclaw." He told her. "Even if you are the black sheep. You're the brains of this operation, so you think of some incredibly clever way to cheat..." He trailed off, then grinned. "And I'll lift on your idea in true Slytherin style." He joked lightly. "Can't out-sneak the snakes, you know." He told her.

The book was no good and it was probably made to fool students that sought ways to cheat. ‘’This book is a total bust’’ Emily said while closing it rather aggressively. Even though Emily wanted a way to cheat, she didn't want this boy just leeching of her. ''I can always keep the cheats for myself and don't share them'' Emily said jokingly, she was pretty sure there was no way to cheat. The Professors made sure of that with all kinds of enchantments and spells. ''Mmm, I can always try.'' Emily mused.

Tyler was surprised when the girl aggressively closed the book, and he let out a surprised laugh. "Another thing I never expected a Ravenclaw to say." He said with a slight smile. He'd already realized the book was not about finding ways to cheat, and instead gave more generic advice everyone with two brain cells could come up with. But he'd hoped for some sort of useful information anyway. Tyler crossed his arms and leaned back against the nearest bookcase, more relaxed than he usually was. "Oh, but I'd just be so charming that you'd want to share with me." He said jokingly. "That's the secret."

The book only gave advice on how you should study and that you need to make planners before hand. Something Emily wasn't going to do and by the looks of it the boy in front of her wasn't into that crap either.
''Maybe you should alter your expectations of Ravenclaws'' Emily grinned, not all Ravenclaws were goody two- shoes. Emily just needed to find a way to bypass the anti cheating quills. Most exams were fill in the blank ones so there was no way she could cheat with an ABCD system. Where one corner was each letter and she would touch the corner that the corresponded to the right answer. ''If we are going to cheat together can I at least know your name?'' Emily mused. She was sure she could out smart the Slytherin and if she found a cheat it would come with a price.

Tyler grinned slightly at the girl and glanced at her meaningfully. "I already am altering my expectations of Ravenclaws." He said, clearly meaning her. Perhaps that was a bit flirty, but he was feeling bold. Here was a pretty girl who was also fun to talk to. He had actually forgotten about his earlier bad mood, and even the book that had seemed so useful moments ago was now mostly forgotten. Tyler perked up a bit as she asked his name, at least that meant she didn't think him awful or boring, right? "I'm Tyler, and what's your name?" He asked her, a slight smirk appearing on his face. "And don't give me a fake name, I promise i won't turn you in to the authorities." He said. "Cross my heart."

Emily hadn't expected to find someone that was actual kind of fun to be around with. ''Good'' She said while grinning. She was sure there were more Ravenclaws like her. Why would you do all the effort if you could be smart and find a way to make it easier. Emily was doubting if Tyler was his real name, with Slytherins you never knew for sure. It was funny he was thinking she would give a fake one, she was still had candor high up on her list. The name is Emily and yes that is my real name'' Emily mused. ''I don't think the authorities want an innocent Ravenclaw like me'' Emily paused ''They are probably after the evil and cunning Slytherins like you'' She said with a smirk on her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back