OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Emily had been having a rough semester. She was over school, done with the entire experience. She wanted out of the castle, really. She went down and found a bench in the sun, with just the right amount of shade. She settled in, opening her book. She was struggling to focus, she had to keep reading the same portions over again because she didn't retain it. Eventually, she let out a frustrated sigh and snapped her book shut. She leaned back, shutting her eyes and trying to focus instead on the feeling of the sun against her skin. It was warm, and she could feel herself slowly relaxing.

Daintree had pretty much given up on his studies, he knew that he just needed to pass his classes and given that he'd had no high aspirations to begin with there was no need to be working towards any goal. So he wasn't. He'd been doing other things with his time, which mostly involved, playing quidditch, walks and reading what he wanted to. he wasn't super bothering with his friends and he wasn't super bothering with things he was supposed to be doing. But it was as he headed outside that he spotted Emily. They were friends, and he knew from the rumour mill and their brief conversation at the valentines day dance that she wasn't having the best semester. He was half tempted to walk away leave her to it, but then he heard her frustrated sigh and decided to go over. "Hey, that book bothering you?" he joked.

Emily opened her eyes, looking up to see Daintree. "It might, if I could read it." She replied dryly. "What're you up to?" She asked, sitting up and scooting over to give him room to sit with her. She patted the bench beside her. She hadn't really spoken to anyone other than Daintree in a while, though she supposed it couldn't be helped. She would have to try to talk to Minnie or Eric before the year was out.

Daintree raised his eyesbrows a bit, "Is the ink running away?" he joked though he was sure that she wasn't really in the mood. "I was going for a walk," he replied. He knew that he did that a lot, but it was just something he did. "I'm passing the time until we're finally able to leave," he told Emily with a little shrug, he wasn't sure how she felt about leaving but he was looking forward to it.

Emily smirked a bit, rolling her eyes. "Invisible ink would have been a better joke," she teased him, sighing slightly. She shook her head, looking up to him. "I take it you have a plan for after school?" She asked him, too tired at the moment to remember if they'd talked about it.

Daintree laughed a little. "I never said I was a good joker," he replied with a little shrug. He then gave another laugh and half nodded. "Sure, if by plan you accept living off my dad's money," he replied. He didn't have any job plans, he knew he could play quidditch, knew he could do other things, but he didn't want, at least not to begin with. "Do you?"

Emily's eyes widened. "What? No, that is not a plan," she sighed, shaking her head. "Yes, I've already got a job lined up. And apparently, we need a flat together. Someone needs to help you find an actual plan." She leaned forward, folding her hands in her lap. "I'm going to pester you until you agree, so just save yourself the trouble and say yes now, Dain," She gave him an impish grin.

Daintree rolled his eyes, "I have a house Emily, I own one, you can live with me," he said, he'd be content for her to move in and do what she needed to or whatever but he wasn't going to put his life together and come up with some plan when he didn't need to. He could be pestered forever, he knwew it wouldn't really change anything, not in the slightest.

Emily's brows raised at his words. "You own a house?" She asked him, incredulous. How did he own a house? The thought of it surprised her. She shook her head, trying to get back on track as she stood. "Fine then, I will. It will save me the time and the trouble of finding a flat myself," She ran a hand through her hair.

Daintree laughed lightly. "My dad runs a video game company in the muggle world, it's a very successful company," he told her, "My family is very wealthy in the muggle world....," he told her without too much embarrassment, it was funny to him how little it came up what his dad did and what wealth existed in his family, but he wasn't sure that many people had ever asked about his family and he'd probably also never really given much up about it.

Emily's brow raised even further as Dain continued speaking. Slowly, she shook her head. "Well, aren't you just full of surprises," she murmured. "So your plan is to live off your family money and never do a thing yourself?" She asked. She could probably get along for a while with the trust fund her father and step mother had set up for her, but she didn't plan on touching it unless absolutely necessary. She and Dain must be exact opposites in that manner. Though, she imagined with the way he was speaking he was very much better off than she was. Her family was decidedly middle-class. Not rich, but they were well enough.

Daintree laughed lightly and gave a half shrug, "I got my inheritance...well, the bit I get while my dad is alive," Daintree told her. He had never really hidden behind the money, if he needed to use it he would. "I'll live off it for a bit, let myself rest and relax after NEWTs and eventually do something," Daintree said with a little shrug. "I'm not going to run out of money any time soon..," he wasn't sure how to press how wealthy his family was, but Dain just shrugged. "Is there anything you need?" he then asked, "For the place?" he specified, in case she liked a specific bed or wanted a specific style of room.

Emily's brow raised even higher at his question. She reached out, meaning to take hold of his sleeve. "Alright then, Mr. Money, sit down." Emily moved back to her bench and sat down. "Do you have anything in mind?" She asked. "If I really had to pick, I want a spacious room with a big, canopy bed just covered in pillows, with a big bookshelf for all of my books. And I'd want a large window with a windowseat that I could lounge in." She told him. "And a bathroom with a big bath." She was being a bit ridiculous, and she raised a brow to see if he would call out on her. "What do you want?" She asked him.

Daintree gave a little smile to Emily, but didn't really correct her. He just took on what she said and then considered his house. "Well, I'll get some contractors in once you've seen it and you can make it your own," he told her. Though living with someone hadn't really been on his agenda he wasn't exactly bothered by the situation either. He was content to change things up about the place, and knew it wouldn't be that much of a struggle either. "I've already got what I want there, I got this place last break," he told her. "Turned 17 and figured it was time to get my own place," he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back