Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 13 3/8" Core of Basilisk Fang and Venom with a special handle
Aleyha had dragged Cassandra through the grounds, ignoring the sun that shone. Aleyha approached the office, and did not bother knocking. She barged in, and she stood in front of Kalif's desk. No one was there. Aleyha growled, "Dang it!" Aleyha glanced over at Cassandra and smirked, "I wonder where he keeps that family tree..." Aleyha started searching through the office, and then she arrived at the desk. It was clean, and the drawers were locked. But that did not stop Aleyha from jingling with them. She bent down below the desk to work on the drawers and opening them.

For such a tiny girl, Aleyha sure did have a good grip. Her wrist was trapped in the girls tiny hand and while she could have easily freed herself she couldn't have succeeded in doing so without her face meeting the ground. The four inch boots weren't exactly helping her case either. She wasn't released from Aleyhas grasp until they were right in the middle of the Herbology professors office. Aleyha was digging through his desk, picking the locks on doors and rifling through them. "Look Aleyha, he may be your uncle but as far as we know he's no family of mine... so it would probably be better if I waited outside." she suggested, turning on her heels only to find Professor Styx walking into the room through the only exit. Motherf*ck. she thought as she gave him an apologetic look, knowing it wouldn't help anything.

Kalif was not expecting to see two girls in his office, especially his own family member searching through his desk. Kalif warned icily, "Aleyha Devearux, you get out from under my desk immediately. You have no business in going through my things. As for you, Ms. Nott, you should not have followed Aleyha into here, unless you are the one who brought her here in the first place." Kalif folded his arms across his chest and he hissed, "Now, what is your business in my office, girls?" Kalif was not pleasant, and due to his anger, the door slammed shut, rattling the building.

Aleyha froze when she heard Kalif's voice, and she peeped up from behind his desk, her red eyes wide with fear and confusion. Aleyha bit her lip, and heard the accusations. "Um, I dragged Cassandra here, and I just wanted a look at your family tree. I have every reason to think that Cassandra is related to us." Aleyha bit her lip once more, before she stood and she walked out from behind his desk. She took a seat in one of the chairs in front of his desk, and curled up. If there was one person who could strike fear into her, it was Professor Styx. "So, can we see it?" Aleyha asked gently. She could only hope that he says yes.

Cassandra remained silent as both Professor Styx and Aleyha spoke, not able to think of anything she could really add to the conversation without digging herself further into the hole that her and Aleyha were standing in now. Noone liked people breaking into their personal space and Professor Styx was certainly no exception to this. Cassandra let Aleyha explain why they had intruded into his office, only giving a small nod at the end for conformation, her face still showing hints of her her apologies. She remained silent when Aleyha asked to see the tree, knowing it was probably futile. That was valued information, not shared lightly in most cases.

Oh, well I suppose that this will be news to both of them. Kalif pulled a parchment out of his robes and he said, "As you wish, Aleyha. But what you will see, it will not please you. I assume you already know about your mother. As for Cassandra, this concerns you too." He walked behind his desk, put the tree out in front of him. Before he unfolded it, he said, "I assume you two think that you are related, or at least Aleyha does. You two are not cousins." Kalif unfolded the tree, and he pointed at Arnost's picture. Down below, Aleyha and Cassandra were connected, by different mothers, but the same father. "Sisters. Half-sisters." Kalif waited for the reaction. It was bound to happen sooner or later though. Cassandra was still pure-blood, but Aleyha was still mixed. But at least she had one pure-blood parent.

Aleyha was a little shocked that Kalif pulled out the family tree. So, he kept it with him. Then why keep the drawers locked? Maybe he keeps some Dark stuff there? Aleyha was dying to know, but knew better than breaking his desk. Aleyha peeped over the family tree, while listening to Kalif speak. Aleyha thought that they were related, but the news hit her like a train. Her lips parted when she saw who her true father was, and that she had an older sister, and a younger one. Her parents were Death Eaters... Which would explain her being so into Death Eaters. Aleyha murmured, "I knew that...Prodan was too nice to be my dad..." Aleyha glanced over at Cassandra, and Aleyha was utterly speechless. The shock was too much for Aleyha, and she just fell into silence. Who would have thought that Fenrir found her sister?

Cassandras eyes scanned over the tree, settling on her name and picture. Right under a mans named Arnost Zhefarovich, connected to Aleyhas. The shock too overwhelmed her. Up until this point she had virtually no family left alive aside from her parents. Now her eyes looked over the tree for a moment, drinking in the sheer amount of relatives she apparently had. Her whole life, and identity had been a lie. She took one or two steps back, it was all she could do to keep from falling as she settled into the chair behind her. She looked up at Professor and over to Aleyha, the color of her eyes flickering wildly, swimming with questions. "Holy hell..." she muttered to herself. Finally getting some wit about her she remembered that Professor Styx was head of... her family, she didn't know exactly what the protocol was but she gave a bow of her head as a sign of respect.

Kalif waved his wand around casting a spell so that no one could hear what was to be said. He pointed with his index finger after putting the wand away at Asparuh's picture. "Cassandra, this is the Patriarch of the family, both of your uncles. I will be expecting the both of you to go to the Zhefarovich Manor during the next break. Aleyha, you already know much of the family members, but Cassandra, you do not. Your father, Arnost Zhefarovich, is a Death Eater, as well as most of the family members. The Zhefarovich family is known for their dark arts, but I highly suggest that you keep quiet. In this family, you must bow before the Head of the family, which is me, and you must kneel down on one knee, head bowed still, in front of the Patriarch. If you wish to know more about the family, I can give you time with me after your lessons, to learn about who you really are, and you can also ask Hadan Johnson as well. If you have any more questions, then just ask." Kalif folded his arms across his chest, seeing that Aleyha had fallen silent. The news to her is not as big as the news to Cassandra Nott.

My mother is a wh0re... was the first thought that ran through Cassandras mind after the initial shock started to fade a bit. As Professor Styx started to speak Cassandra listened with all attention on the professor that had never really gotten much of her time in class, seeing as Herbology was never one of her favorite subjects. This however was much more interesting. She found a few of her questions answered but more arose with every word. What had she missed in the seventeen years of living falsely under the Nott legacy? Cassandra nodded in acknowledgment at the appropriate times and didn't make a sound until he had finished. "Okay, First of all... Are there any more traditions within the family that I should be aware of?" she asked willing to soak in any information she was given about the Zhefarovichs.

Kalif dismissed Aleyha accordingly, who went out on her way. It was about time that Kalif had the talk about the family with someone that has not heard anything about it. The spell was still up, and he said, "Other than the bowing and kneeling, yes, there are many traditions you will need to be aware of. The Zhefarovich family runs on a Triumvirate. If you have an issue with anything, you will have to report it to me, and I will handle it. If it is too big, then it will go to my father. There is a certain marking a descendant that has the Zhefarovich blood running through them that they receive, and you are overdue. They receive it at age sixteen. It is permanent, and it will hurt. However, it is either have it or die." Kalif remembered distinctively receiving his. Asparuh Zhefarovich II gave Kalif his. Kalif tried to think of a few more. "You are to never date or marry a muggle or mudblood. This has happened before but they have all died or been killed. I suggest you tighten up on your pride of being a pure-blood, Cassandra." Kalif's expression was stone cold and stern.

As Aleyha left the building it was only Cassandra and Kalif within the spells boundaries. When he spoke the expected was the first thing to come out of his mouth. Of course a family such as the Zhefarovichs would have several traditions that they kept. The Notts had some but they had been rather loosely enforced. Her father not bothering at all with them for Cassie. Which now was a very good thing... as alot were undo-able and she would be forever marked with the wrong family, she still loved her 'Father' of course but she wasn't a Nott and that was that. When he mentioned the mudblood and muggle restriction Cassandra had to stop herself from gulping. Josiah. was her only thought... her heart skipped a beat. They were through and she just hoped neither of them would be punished for past actions. She made no comment on the mudblood issue, simply giving a nod of her head saying she would, not wanting to incriminate herself before asking, "So am I to receive the mark, whatever it may be, during the next break? I would assume since it is already overdue it would be sooner rather than later but correct me if I am wrong." she said calmly, she knew the patriarch of such a large family would have alot to handle.

Kalif narrowed his eyes upon her actions. Cassandra did not seem to be acting like someone normally would have. Patricia was rather...explosive about herself being related to this family. Cassandra almost seemed to be liking it. If only Patricia had the attitude of Cassandra and just leave that filthy muggle family. Alas, Kalif did not care, nor did he see her as his daughter. She was nothing more but a student, and already Cassandra seemed to have come into his protection faster than Patricia had. "Yes, you are to receive it. You will be meeting your real father, as well as Aleyha. I assume his lover will be there as well. Thorine Dolohov, if you have heard of that family. The history of the family will need to be studied, in case the next line of Patriarchs is changed, and you might receive one of the positions. If one law is broken, then you might be exiled, and that would be disastrous. My own mother was hunted down and slaughtered." This was all too real to be spoken of. This girl had to know what dangers rested within the Zhefarovich family. "However, with downsides, there are advantages as well. Get into trouble, and the entire family will back you up."

Cassandra listened to her Herbology Professor/cousin speak. Telling her what she would need to do over the winter break. It seemed fair enough, to reside in the Zhefarovich Manor and study about the family and it's history. Well... What history would be permitted to her at this point in time that is as she was sure there were several things off limits to someone not in a power position within the family. Cassandra did not get too mentally stirred at the thought of meeting her actual father. For now he was simply a face on the tree and a brother of the patriarch. Sure she would probably freak out a bit later to herself. The shock having temporarily settled to a slight numbness as she soaked in all the information laid out infront of her like a sponge.

When Kalif mentioned his mother being hunted down and slaughtered like a common farm animal the mask she held up in her eyes faltered for a second but only the most observant would catch it, Judging from what she has seen so far from him in class and in this conversation she felt that he didn't want nor need her condolences about the death of his mother. But she did know she wanted to avoid that at all costs. Any possibility of getting back together with Josiah after she had graduated, an idea which she had entertained was shattered and that was abundantly clear. When he was finished she nodded. "I will not bring shame to the Zhefarovich Family, or the name... If I am permitted to take it in place of my own." she responded, her statement sounding slightly questioning at the end.

“Taking the family name as your own would be a matter up to the Patriarch. If you want to have the Zhefarovich last name, I suggest that you talk it up with him first.” Kalif resumed his seat, and folded the tree back and put it in his robes. This girl could be the next big paragon for a Zhefarovich female. Lead those on the wrong path to right. Perhaps she can shape up Aleyha into something even more. Kalif inquired, “Anything else before I dismiss you, Cassandra?”

Cassaandra heard Kalifs answer to her half question and nodded, she figured as much but was hoping maybe he could have given a bit as to what the chances were. But really how would he know? Sure there was the ability of legimency which he could possibly possess but still, one doesn't go poking around into the mind of someone who ruled like Asparuh seemed to, not that he would be here to mentally invade anyways if anyone were to be so stupid. As he asked she thought of a million different questions swimming through her mind, but the blank feeling was beginning to fade as the shock came back again. Changing names, meeting new family members, all of it. She wasn't exactly upset but to her family meant everything. To know that her whole life up until this point had been a lie was enough to rattle her mind, though she did not let it show, one thing she was very good at. "Nothing else for the time being, Professor Styx." she answered her voice respectful but emptied of any emotion as she waited to be dismissed. She needed to be alone for a while to let it all settle.

The spells fell, as Kalif finished them off. He folded his arms across his chest and he glanced at the door. It opened and Kalif said, “Then go. Before you are caught out before curfew.” Kalif pulled out a few essays from within the drawers after unlocking it and setting them on the desk to continue his grading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back